Terry

Was It A Suit?

pinkmoon67

Well let's face it a lot of people tend to ignore facts when it comes to the p.g.f

kitakaze

There is a very interesting comment from this cutting edge costume designer in the comment section below the video.  He is asked if the Patterson film could have been a suit.  I find it compelling and probably accurate despite what the believers tell us.  Don't forget, he is completely immersed in the industry.

https://youtu.be/UhqeG8qrSXI

t.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything at all compelling about this. Maybe personally interesting for you or suggestive, but at the end of the day, you have a blurb on Youtube from an FX person that amounts to nothing more than a modern day John Chambers rumour.

Could DeAtley have hired an FX person out of Hollywood to oversee the construction of the PGF suit? Certainly possible, but all we have are rumours again such as Tom Burman being responsible for laying the hair on Patty. But then you have Tom Burman himself commenting on the John Chambers story...

Chorvinsky: There has been a rumor going around the makeup community for years that John Chambers made the Patterson suit that was filmed in 1967.

Tom Burman: Naw, he didn't make that suit. One, he wouldn't have made a suit that bad, and number two, I knew him during that time and in '67 we were doing Planet of the Apes, so we would have had no time to do a suit. That was all-consuming, from January 1st to September 14th and then he was on tour after that, so he would have never had time to make the suit anyhow.

http://www.strangemag.com/chambers17.html

The most interesting PGF comment I have ever seen from someone with direct experience of Roger Patterson came from Jerry Merritt's niece commenting on the 2007 Bigfoot Live show in which Heironimus made himself available to be grilled by Bigfoot enthusiasts...

I lived through this. I was Roger Patterson's next door neighbor in the 1960's. I believe that Greg Long did an excellent job interviewing those who were involved, including my father, "Marvin." I am also the niece of Jerry Lee Merritt, a major figure in this story. I know how Roger screwed my uncle. If you knew Roger, you knew he was always looking for a way to get rich quick. I saw all of his inventions. I was in a TV commercial for one of his toys, the stick and hoop. I saw what an artist he was. His work in 2 and 3 D was exceptional.

Does Bigfoot exist? I don't know. But I don't believe a word that Roger Patterson said about the subject. The picture in Roger's book, of him at Mt. St. Helen's with his horses tied behind him? I was there when that picture was taken--in his back yard in Tampico. He lied about that. What else did he lie about? And he was some horseman! I personally saw him drag a horse down the road behind a cattle truck in an attempt to get it to follow behind. My dad went out and cut the leadrope, but I believe it was too late. The horse was missing a lot of hide, the muscle was showing on it's chest and side and the open wounds were covered in gravel and dirt. I'll never forget the horse screaming. I never saw that horse again...

The evidence is only as good as it's witness. I knew Roger Patterson. He was a liar and a con artist.

Thank you, Greg Long for taking the time to unearth the truth. If you believe Roger Patterson, it's only because you want to believe. If you knew the man, you would distance yourself from any claims he made about anything.

norseman

who was in the suit

gigantor

I was thinking the other day about which subjects to promote on the BFF "slider" on the front page. I figured the PGF film debate has been over for a while.

Thanks all for proving me wrong, I will always include a feature PGF thread on the slider from now on; obviously, this issue has not been settled.

Edited by gigantor
  • Upvote 2

What I find compelling is that this is supposed to be among the best suits circa 2015.

post-337-0-09018600-1428627385_thumb.png

This is a textbook example of what arm extensions look like and why Patty doesn't have them. And if Patty didn't have arm extensions then the skeptics have some splainin' to do. But I'm confident they will ignore this post. Biometrics are out of their comfort zone.

gigantor

Please post link to details of this suit.

I do agree it's not even in the same neighborhood of a serious attempt at debunking the PGF film, and I'm a skeptic.

In fact, it makes us skeptics look silly. Please, I would love to chat with the suit maker. Please PM him/her my contact info.

Thanks!

Edited by gigantor

OntarioSquatch

I don't think any costume is in the same ballpark as Patty. Even with modern technology, BobH and experienced costume maker Philip Morris couldn't do a proper re-creation

BTPS5DS.jpg

thermalman

Prove Patty was even a suit or costume by providing the actual outfit. Anyone?

Celtic Raider

What I find compelling is that this is supposed to be among the best suits circa 2015.

This is a textbook example of what arm extensions look like and why Patty doesn't have them. And if Patty didn't have arm extensions then the skeptics have some splainin' to do. But I'm confident they will ignore this post. Biometrics are out of their comfort zone.

Maybe it's just me but that suit just looks awful!

Surely nobody in their right mind can think that is an actual Gorilla, the proportions are just way, way off and the 'fur' looks pretty unrealistic. I'm absolutely sure if that was filmed at 120 feet or whatever the PGF is filmed at the majority would not be fooled to think that is a real animal :

edb79d6fe4a6bf41235dbf111f55a26e.jpg

kitakaze

Recent William Parcher quote...

According to Morris he was given a short deadline by the TV producers at Halloween season (his busiest time) and couldn't acquire more appropriate fur material and couldn't devote much time to it. Bigfooters have been told that countless times but ignore it and forge ahead with assertions that it is a failure in spite of determined best efforts. I consider that to be intellectual dishonesty. That kind of argument strategy cheat is used fairly commonly in Bigfootery.

Aaaand there it is...

I don't think any costume is in the same ballpark as Patty. Even with modern technology, BobH and experienced costume maker Philip Morris couldn't do a proper re-creation

Rockape

According to Morris he was given a short deadline by the TV producers at Halloween season (his busiest time) and couldn't acquire more appropriate fur material and couldn't devote much time to it. Bigfooters have been told that countless times but ignore it and forge ahead with assertions that it is a failure in spite of determined best efforts. I consider that to be intellectual dishonesty.

I consider that as just looking to excuse a crappy made suit that wouldn't have fooled a grade school student. If he couldn't do it in time then he should have told them instead of taking their money for such a weak effort. It was pathetic.

• Upvote 1

kitakaze

attachicon.gifcolossus.png

Best suits circa 2015?

It's a $3975 rental costume which if sold in 1967 would have been $565, about the same price as a Morris costume...

http://animalmakers.com/colossus-silverback-professional-gorilla-costume/

Can we see close up frontal shot of Patty in a parking lot? No? We'll just have to make due...

PattyTurningAG2.gif

No, Sweaty, we are not taking issue with the hand behind Patty's bottom.

Bigblevins5.jpg

Only in Bigfootery will enthusiasts take mediocre rental costumes and pretend like they are the best the FX industry has to offer. This one is from 2011, is far better than the one shown above and has equally as little relevance...

I consider that as just looking to excuse a crappy made suit that wouldn't have fooled a grade school student. If he couldn't do it in time then he should have told them instead of taking their money for such a weak effort. It was pathetic.

He was given a week's notice in October by the independent studio that NatGeo outsourced for Is it Real?, he paid for his own flight and was never paid for his participation in the production. He took no money, only paid his own.

The reason the sequence was shot at Cow Camp in Yakima was that the production was so flailingly disorganized that they were not even aware that the Bluff Creek footage was shot in Northern California.

Edited by kitakaze

Crowlogic

Prove Patty was even a suit or costume by providing the actual outfit. Anyone?

It is entirely unreasonable to assume that nearly half a century later that a PGF suit would be delivered.  It is reasonable to argue suit vs real based on the film but demanding the actual suit is like demanding the captain's log book  of the Titantic.  Some things are lost by fate and some things are lost by purpose.  After Bill Munns work there isn't much left to say about  the PGF.

• Upvote 1

Bigblevins5.jpg

Kit, you have no knowledge of photo-metrology and frankly Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy. You sir, are an eye-baller, which doesn't cut it in the science of measuring imagery. You are doing a disservice to bigfootery, so you must defer. ;)