The Leap From "belief" To "i've Got It All Figured Out"

TedSallis

I would think that all it takes to shift from a believer to a knower is one unquestionable encounter with one of the big furries.... As a believer, they would probably have a number of theories as to what they might be/do, and upon actually observing one or more of the creatures some theories will most likely fall away in favor of those that are supported by what the individual saw.

Through the elimination of theories and hypothesis that dont effectively address the observed phenomena, one is left with various explinations of various aspects that form a framework of interpretation which will at least imply further probable conclusions extrapolated from the event, as well as from the reports of others having had similar sightings with parallel elements involved. So its easy to imagine how a person might become an "overnight expert" following a sighting. But, of course, their "expertise" may well be limited to that specific region, and that particular creature, or group of creatures.

There doesnt need to be a body on a slab, or live specimen in captivity in order for an individual to have some or even extensive. knowledge of these creatures, through sighting events, habituation contexts, interspecies interactions, and communications with others who have also experienced such phenomena.

Should we choose to wait until these beings are officially recognized and acknowledged to further the inquiry, we will find ourselves woefully behind those who moved foreward with the certainty granted by their contact with these creatures that as of yet dont exist...

• Upvote 2

SSR Team

The Leap From "belief" To "i've Got It All Figured Out" is only legitimately made by a sighting with your own eyes IMO.

Good post Ted.

• Upvote 1

We won't know what they are until they are officially discovered through a body or DNA sample.

Once that happens at least science will then send biologists into the field to study them further.

It will be a process, but as of yet we haven't taken the first step. Which is to convince humanity they exist......... Right now they live next to Pixies and Gnomes.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how they will get them to come out & be studied......

Especially after somebody shoots a family member & steals the body.

That can't be good PR.

• Upvote 2

Guest Divergent1

Just because I observe a bear or a lion briefly out in the wild doesn't mean I have everything figured out about the creatures. Even a pro longed face to face encounter wouldn't make you a knower. 

Not sure if there's a connection, but the ones who have it all figured out seem to have dozens of encounters. If only I could be so lucky. One visual and one sound that i absolutely believe was a pissed off Bigfoot in nearly 30 yrs of being in wilderness areas. As a long time lurker, I've read a lot of Coonbo's experiences, and as a researcher, he's going to experience more. The man who posts on here as Branco is a walking talking dictionary on the subject, and I 100% believe the multiple encounters the man has had. He's in the mountains in the middle of the night trying to get up close and personal, thus his successes.

Whoever claims to be an expert better be able to back it up....

Guest OntarioSquatch

As a long time lurker, I've read a lot of Coonbo's experiences, and as a researcher, he's going to experience more. The man who posts on here as Branco is a walking talking dictionary on the subject, and I 100% believe the multiple encounters the man has had. He's in the mountains in the middle of the night trying to get up close and personal, thus his successes.

The two people you've mentioned haven't backed up any of their claims.

Not sure if there's a connection, but the ones who have it all figured out seem to have dozens of encounters. If only I could be so lucky. One visual and one sound that i absolutely believe was a pissed off Bigfoot in nearly 30 yrs of being in wilderness areas. As a long time lurker, I've read a lot of Coonbo's experiences, and as a researcher, he's going to experience more. The man who posts on here as Branco is a walking talking dictionary on the subject, and I 100% believe the multiple encounters the man has had. He's in the mountains in the middle of the night trying to get up close and personal, thus his successes.

Won't stop the BS. These folks used to get called out on here but it seems they just get tolerated these days.

Salient point about those who claim multiple sightings. I've been lucky enough to have spent an all too short time with gorillas, albeit in captivity. This doesn't make me Dian Fossey by any manner of means. Indeed, I'd suggest I learned very little about their habits and behaviours during the time I spent with them.

A Sasquatch encounter determines one key thing for the lucky individual in question. The confirmation these creatures exist.

When people turn that magical, life changing moment into a PHD in BF Anthropology then my BS-ometer kicks into overdrive.

Edited by MarkGlasgow
  • Upvote 1

Bowcat, have you shared your encounter details here somewhere?  If not, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I wonder how they will get them to come out & be studied......

Especially after somebody shoots a family member & steals the body.

That can't be good PR.

Well if you're having as many encounters as you claim then DNA should be no problem for you to collect in abundance.

Sure, while a single close encounter wont tell you everything, but, to use your lion analogy, it will tell you that this so called "lion" is a cat, and definitely not a canid, bear, or ape. That one lion sighting will confirm to you that they are

i)real

ii) large&quite muscular

iii) cats

iv)stealthy

v)agile & faster than you imagined or read in witness accounts

vi) amazingly loud at close proximity

vii) rather overwhelming while staring at you over the one shrub between you and it

, viii) not a man in a costume

ix) not a bear

x) obviously multi-dimensional....

Edited by guyzonthropus

Guest Crowlogic

Not sure if there's a connection, but the ones who have it all figured out seem to have dozens of encounters. 

Anyone who has had dozens of encounters is either delusional or faking it.  Can anybody really believe that a person that can stage for themselves dozens of encounters cannot manage to get rock solid proof of their existence?  Just go searching for the many encounters type and you'll get to know why there is so little credibility in bigfoot culture.  

Well if you're having as many encounters as you claim then DNA should be no problem for you to collect in abundance.

As a matter of fact, it's no problem at all. I currently have a big wad of hair, a ziplok bag of peach pits that they sucked the all peach off of & left in a pile beside the tree, & half an apple with wide, flat teeth marks on it.

So, what is your point?