Whats Going On In Ocala Florida National Forest?(Missing People?)

Ocala, Florida state forest missing people

This was posted on Sas Chron Webpage, so I googled and looks like lots of missing people, strange stuff happening in Florida!  Didn't dig too deep, but with the decline of the blogtalks, I think we need to make our own fun for a while here. This ties into the 411 issue, are there any squatch realated issues here? Or ?

So DIG!!

:wild:

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2008/06/dark-forest.html

Edited by Wag

SSR Team

Well the vast, vast, majority of those cases mentioned were murders and suicides.

Only three were where a body was never found and one of those it's implying that the mother of one of the victims murdered her son.

Not really sure what we are digging for to be honest.

Missing people, 411, swampy areas, does this cross-over into other 411 stories? Is this area mentioned in 411 Eastern? Etc. Are there meth-labs in Yosemite?

-Use your brain.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I've read the entire western edition of Missing 411. There were only 3 or 4 cases of missing people in the entire book that were suggestive of an unknown ape-like biped being responsible for the incident. I'd imagine the eastern edition is very similar. The truth is that a lot of things can go wrong when you're out in the wilderness and getting kidnapped or attacked by a Bigfoot is just one explanation (and not a very likely one) for the missing persons cases.

After reading the book and doing my own research on the topic, I've come to the conclusion that most of these cases don't have anything to do with Bigfoot. Don't get me wrong though, I think a few of the cases probably do have something to do with the animal, but the evidence seems to be lacking for the majority.

Ontario, I may have the Western Book coming, but I've heard Palides several times on the radio, and it sounds like alot more than 3 or 4 cases, and some go into weirds-ville.

Hmm, gators are going to take care of the problem for sure, but this is a specific area, haven't looked to see if its a major BF area yet...

There would be more missing people all over Florida if it was just gators. Probably people, but it would be interesting to compare the numbers of human caused missing vs 411 mystery.

I know some people who are against Ketchum, but from what I've heard she is pretty straight up, except with her support (Meldrum also) 0f sketchy characters in the BF world, (hence my post on hoaxing)

SSR Team

Missing people, 411, swampy areas, does this cross-over into other 411 stories? Is this area mentioned in 411 Eastern? Etc. Are there meth-labs in Yosemite?

-Use your brain.

Wag, Fella, don't get funny with me and tell me to use my brain, I don't take kindly to that at all and all it shows is that you have little to no idea of how to interact with people that question you

3 out of 13 of the cases mentioned are accounted for, the other was highly likely the mum of one of the victims killed, for the second time.

3 missing people in a place notorious for serial killers and bad people.

There's my brain for you, only god knows where yours was when you thought it was a good idea to post about this on a Sasquatch forum.

So does this cross over into the 911 stuff ? No, those books are about strange, unexplained, un solved crimes.

Is this area mentioned in the book ? Don't know

Has Yosemite got meth labs ? That hasn't got anything whatsoever to do with what we are talking about.

Your dreaming something up that isn't there and clearly has a different answer to what you're suggesting.

Pareidolia in all it's glory right there.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Seems missing people are the newest fringe topic.  There seems to be a willingness to attach a paranormal reason for them too.  Don't leave you home folks bigfoot will get you.

Most of the meth moving on the west coast,(Specifically California) is coming out of Mexico. The days of the Bevis-N-Butthead bathtub crank lab in every garage and a handful of large-weight labs producing for local movers are gone.

The heyday of those types of operations started in the early 2000's and ended about 10 years later.

I wouldn't have much concern about wandering around in a Nat'l Forest and running into a crank lab out west.

Now, wandering in to a large weed grow in that same forest, being run by Mexican Nationals who are probably armed...that is an entirely different story.

Gee, don't get your panites in a bunch, the hunch was correct. Marion County has the second highest BF reports according to the BFRO site. 18 reports, 21 is the highest, and most counties report BF below 10 reports. So, its a major BF reported area. MAJOR!!!

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=fl&county=Marion

The thread was supposed to draw enough interest that I didn't have to go and do that, me being lazy and etherial and all that.\\

As I stated, this thread came about because of all the BS nonsense with false reporting going on in the Blogosphere. Just trying to get something INTERESTING going. And its going, but its like my friggin show, there is supposed to be more community input here. Thread is not about meth labs for mothers sake, jeeezzzz. Corrolate properly please. ( Yosemite is the #1 missing persons site in 411 books.)

Edited by Wag

Guest ChasingRabbits

If the parents didn't witness this event, this child would have been one of the unexplained missing. In fact, if there weren't any non-family member witnesses, the parents might have even been questioned and charged with abduction or worse.

And if one of the witnesses on the scene wasn't a geologist, it would have been chalked up as a hoax or as paranormal activity (depending on the opinion of the person reading the account.)

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/mystery-why-dangerous-sand-dune-swallowed-boy-180953404/?no-ist

Gee, don't get your panites in a bunch, the hunch was correct. Marion County has the second highest BF reports according to the BFRO site. 18 reports, 21 is the highest, and most counties report BF below 10 reports. So, its a major BF reported area. MAJOR!!!

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=fl&county=Marion

The thread was supposed to draw enough interest that I didn't have to go and do that, me being lazy and etherial and all that.\\

As I stated, this thread came about because of all the BS nonsense with false reporting going on in the Blogosphere. Just trying to get something INTERESTING going. And its going, but its like my friggin show, there is supposed to be more community input here. Thread is not about meth labs for mothers sake, jeeezzzz. Corrolate properly please. ( Yosemite is the #1 missing persons site in 411 books.)

The cases in the article have nothing to do with Bigfoot or the Missing 411 cases. The number of BFRO reports is irrelevant. Correlation does not equal causation. The "Bigfoot is Stealing People" tabloid sensationalism needs to stop, especially when the supposed justification for it is so tenuous.

Uhm, well NO, the missing 411 books are out there, the information is out there, lots of missing people, and YES, we can see with our eyes, that that county has the second highest BF sightings, and lots of missing people, some could be BF related, per 411.

If people were going to debunk the 411 books, there would be blogs or threads on the subject, there is not. So 411 books are still valid information, even though most of us have only heard the high points on talk radio.

Debunky, or be a flunky. Out in the woods, there be bad monkey.

Wag, the Ocala national forest was my old stomping grounds and yes there was quite a bit of activity down there. That report from Oct 2000 was ours. That crazy stuff that happened is what got us into this research. I was a total wreck, had NEVER experienced anything like that and at that time had no idea these creatures existed other than in the glades and what put the icing on the cake is that we had a cook out and had nearly a dozen people witness the oddness to the point that some left before it was time to eat.

I started poking and prying, cautiously asking other people about odd sounds and happennings and it was off the charts. Also found out about several caves and caverns where a lot of activity was going on. Can't remember actually how many miles we were actually from the ONF but it wasn't much. Once the Villages and Dell Webb started going crazy with developing the area, the activity slowed down. But not before we had rented our property out and the renters broke the lease only after a couple months because they got "spooked" kept complaining about odd sounds and their dogs going nuts. Speaking of "nuts" we had one neighbor that basically lost his cookies. Lost of odd stuff happening at his place and being that we were his nearest neighbors he was constantly calling the sheriffs office un us, lol. Finally a deputy stopped at the neighbor on the other side of us and asked he if she thought that the other neighbor was a paranoid schitzophrenic, lol.

If you google earth that area you'll see that there's quite a bit of roads that go through there. If someone gets lost and as long as they are not injured and are in good physical health they will eventually come out onto a road.

The sighting in Oklawaha after the storm was not all that far from me. I also believe Paisley had activity along with the Moon lake area.