Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

Guest LAL

The lack of trail cam evidence is one of the things that make me doubt their existence, but I still try to think of reasons why an image of them hasn't been captured.

Couldn't it be possible that they posess an inherant, primitive type of superstition, that causes them to avoid everything human?

Black bears developed avoidance behavior because they were once prey for Cave Bears. The Cave Bears are gone but the behavior continues. If sasquatches are descendants of Gigantopithecus blacki (or some other really large primate) and the juveniles were hunted by Homo erectus they may have developed avoidance behavior that persists to this day.

How do they miss the bigfoots? Quite easily.

How many cameras have you found in the vastness of it all, Kitakaze?

• Upvote 1

If BF were to exist, the most logical explanation would be that it is not a carnivore.

Bigfoot, as we all know, is supposed to be an omnivore. It is supposed to hunt deer and elk and suck down their livers. It's supposed to throw pigs. Check the sites I linked and see how many non-carnivores they document.

If you're lost, sit in one place and wait. As posted before a needle in a haystack is hard to find. I moving needle in a haystack is impossible to find.

Watches you put it up.

Your line of thinking would have a Bigfoot present every time a camera station is et up and be able to recognize that along with the food put there, there is also a device which will take the Bigfoot's image and allow the people they watched to know it's there. This would have to be true for every member of the species in the areas being surveyed.

Provide them with valuable sustensance? Mark me confused. They care because they don't want to deal with the same people that exterminated the Dodo, the passenger pigeon, etc., etc.

You are seriously arguing that an animal species is aware that humans exterminated dodos and passenger pidgeons. Like, each Bigfoot out there holding in their hearts, Remember the dodos. Leave that chicken and remember the dodos!

How on earth would we ever know what the most endangered, least numbered animal? If there is on wolverine on film, say the number of *insert animal* isn't fewer?

Through exactly the efforts detailed in the OP. It's called wildlife biology and conservation science.

Then how do pictures of Bigfoot get confused with mangy bears or considered blogsquatches? Why is there a blogsquatch when images should be excellent?

My answer is because bears, mangy ones included, are proven to exist, and Bigfoots are not.

Edited by kitakaze

Guest Carl

If BF were to exist, the most logical explanation would be that it is not a carnivore.

Why not? Aren't there vague correlations between elk migratory routes and annual bigfoot sightings? If they weren't carnivorous, that would contradict a fair portion of reports.

Edited by Carl

I do think the voluminous breadth of its alleged habitat plays a role. One square mountain mile offers ample space to conceal oneself, and the pacific northwest alone has hundreds of thousands. Its a blonde needle in a haystack that can walk.

If you're lost, sit in one place and wait. As posted before a needle in a haystack is hard to find. I moving needle in a haystack is impossible to find.

It is a very weird cognitive dissonance that happens when confronted with extensive efforts to survey and document PNW mammals.

The vastness of it all...

28743b.jpg

Why not? Aren't there vague correlations between elk migratory routes and annual bigfoot sightings?

Black bears developed avoidance behavior because they were once prey for Cave Bears. The Cave Bears are gone but the behavior continues. If sasquatches are descendants of Gigantopithecus blacki (or some other really large primate) and the juveniles were hunted by Homo erectus they may have developed avoidance behavior that persists to this day.

They should probably stay out of neighbourhood dumpsters then.

How many cameras have you found in the vastness of it all, Kitakaze?

Game cameras? About three or four. People unwittingly coming across game cams happens all the time...

turkey%2Bhunter.jpg

Your line of thinking would have a Bigfoot present every time a camera station is et up and be able to recognize that along with the food put there, there is also a device which will take the Bigfoot's image and allow the people they watched to know it's there. This would have to be true for every member of the species in the areas being surveyed.

You are seriously arguing that an animal species is aware that humans exterminated dodos and passenger pidgeons. Like, each Bigfoot out there holding in their hearts, Remember the dodos. Leave that chicken and remember the dodos!

Through exactly the efforts detailed in the OP. It's called wildlife biology and conservation science.

My answer is because bears, mangy ones included, are proven to exist, and Bigfoots are not.

It's so funny, because I have to wonder if you ever spend time "the People Forums" where bigfoot/bigfeet/sasquatch talk about this all the time.

BTW, it wouldn't have to be true of every one. If they are very rare then only a portion would have to "know". If the numbers are truly, significantly, small, only a percentage would have to know, because the rest of that percentage that makes up 100% would be so few as to be insignificant to us. Say there are 1000 of them. They are spread out over 100,000 square miles (or whatever number you want to use). Say 20% have understanding, then 800 do not. Is it reasonable to think those 800 would ever be caught on camera? I have no idea.

They don't have to have an understanding of dodos. They may have an understanding of "people". There may be 10s more than we know of killed by people over time (more or less, who knows) and that may have created an understanding that "white" people kill things in the woods. It doesn't have anything with specifics, but maybe a general understanding of you and I bring death to nature (trees, birds, deer, raccoons, whatever doesn't matter).

Maybe Bigfoots are proven to exist through images and you dismiss them. Maybe the proof was presented and you decided to misidentify it because it was easier than acceptance?

BTW, when is your documentary coming out?

And, if you're in So Oregon and want to spend some time drinking microbrews and NOT talking BF, let me know.

Edited by Ace

Guest Carl

They should probably stay out of neighbourhood dumpsters then.

Game cameras? About three or four. People unwittingly coming across game cams happens all the time...

turkey%2Bhunter.jpg

And people, though considered the smartest creatures on earth, are still mortal enough to be taken by surprise by game cameras. This to me somewhat negates the theory that sasquatch are too clever to wander past trail cams.

There was only one wolverine in each of those areas? Really?? How could anyone possibly know that?

One in WA, two in OR, and one in CA. Long term observation, photographing, DNA testing such as the one male wolverine in the Sierra mountains.

Wildlife biology is not voodoo...

Guest parnassus

Watches you put it up.

They care because they don't want to deal with the same people that exterminated the Dodo, the passenger pigeon, etc., etc.

And how would they know that the dodo and passenger pigeon went extinct, and by the actions of man?

Guest Carl

And people, though considered the smartest creatures on earth, are still mortal enough to be taken by surprise by game cameras. This to me somewhat negates the theory that sasquatch are too clever to wander past trail cams.

And furthermore, it's more reasonable to speculate they exist within a dwindling population - thus why photographs are scarce - then to surmise they possess intelligence (or abilities) of an uncanny caliber - thus existing ubiquitously across the country and still avoiding trail cameras. IMO, of course.

Edited by Carl

Guest Carl

And how would they know that the dodo and passenger pigeon went extinct, and by the actions of man?

I don't think Ace literally meant bigfeet were aware of dodos or passenger pigeons. I think he meant humans generally have a reputation for spoiling wildlife and destroying habitat.

It's so funny, because I have to wonder if you ever spend time "the People Forums" where bigfoot/bigfeet/sasquatch talk about this all the time.

BTW, it wouldn't have to be true of every one. If they are very rare then only a portion would have to "know". If the numbers are truly, significantly, small, only a percentage would have to know, because the rest of that percentage that makes up 100% would be so few as to be insignificant to us. Say there are 1000 of them. They are spread out over 100,000 square miles (or whatever number you want to use). Say 20% have understanding, then 800 do not. Is it reasonable to think those 800 would ever be caught on camera? I have no idea.

They don't have to have an understanding of dodos. They may have an understanding of "people". There may be 10s more than we know of killed by people over time (more or less, who knows) and that may have created an understanding that "white" people kill things in the woods. It doesn't have anything with specifics, but maybe a general understanding of you and I bring death to nature (trees, birds, deer, raccoons, whatever doesn't matter).

Maybe Bigfoots are proven to exist through images and you dismiss them. Maybe the proof was presented and you decided to misidentify it because it was easier than acceptance?

Then they should probably stay out of neighbourhood dumpsters. ;)

BTW, when is your documentary coming out?

When it's done. Tons of stuff to do and funding ain't easy. Bill will tell you the same.

And, if you're in So Oregon and want to spend some time drinking microbrews and NOT talking BF, let me know.

Now that is kitakaze bait. How about I bring some BC microbrews? BC vs Oregon...

8574387-small.jpgvs 881771.jpg

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic