Sign in to follow this  

Highest Quality Pgf Available To Public?

Backdoc

Some have said on the first part of the PGF you can see Patty in a squatted down position.  This seems more like an eye of the beholder thing to me since it probably took a few sec to get the camera and by then Patty would have got up and started moving off. I am open to the fact I could be wrong on that.

Q:  does anyone have a decent picture of this Patty squatted down if it is identified on the film?

Backdoc

^

I have never heard of that Backdoc. Patty was already standing upright when Gimlin first saw her and that was before Roger got the camera out and turned it on. We don't see Patty on film until after she had already started walking away.

Also, Neander....you'd think he would have gotten a really good look at the gray soil...right in front of his face....as he started walking up the embankment. ;)

Yeah, as he just splashed across the wet creek. He would have been looking right at that gray embankment.

Backdoc

^^^

Neander,

I stumbled across this one some website once.  The concept might be the fringe of the fringe right up there with multiple Bigfoot appearing in the film or even the crazy massacre at Bluff Creek story.  I had never really heard that either (other than Roger saw her first squatting down).  Anyone else read that stuff?

If Patty was squatted down at first that seems reasonable and reasonable that she got up and walked off.  By that time Gimlin saw her she was standing and THEN Roger got the camera.  One other web site ---a guy like MK Davis or someone like that-- thought Patty might have fallen down early in the PGF.  Again, this is the first I heard of that one as well.

Backdoc

Bigfoothunter

^^

The first image of Patty on the film shows her out on the sandbar and walking away. I would not pay any attention to MK Davis as he is one of the worst ever at interpreting film images. And several of his claims he knew was bogus - like the dog attacking the pilot who MK said was Bob Titmus. Davis was forced to later add to one of his illustrations the text saying that he had added three clicks of red to the  pilots hands (what ever in the heck three clicks meant). In the mind of MK, he must have believed this would make it appear the subjects hands were all bloody even though the film didn't show any distress with the dog - the pilot / Titmus - or from Green had the dog actually caused such wounds to generate bloody hands all at once.

Even more off the wall and in la-la land was that Davis only altered the one frame claiming a dog attack.  I posted a better first generation print that John Green had and the skin tone was consistently normal throughout. Davis was so inept at what he was attempting to do that he claimed a Sasquatch was shot at the creeks edge and its bleeding out turned the fast flowing stream red ............  from bank to bank!!!  Totally asinine to even begin to think that was possible.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Drew

Sweaty, do you have these? frames 61 and 72 the ones with the feet showing clearly?

Thanks

Bigfoothunter

here is C61

patty_61_zps0bad7517.jpg

A clip or link to a clip for an enlargement of the feet in motion has previously been posted and in one of the frames - the toes on the left foot were momentarily visible just like in C61.

• Upvote 1

MikeZimmer

^

Just so people don't think I was ignoring your question, Mike....here is the answer I gave you via PM...

I have the dvd of 'Sasquatch Odyssey'. I use the program Video Lan (VLC Player) to play it, and download stills from it. 

The tip I was going to mention, for maximizing the quality of the saved images...is, with the video playing...click on the 'Video' button...go down to 'Deinterlace'...and select 'On'. That will provide a more solid image, without the 'interlacing'.

Thanks for the pointer Sweaty.

Mike

SweatyYeti

Sweaty, do you have these? frames 61 and 72 the ones with the feet showing clearly?

Thanks

No, I don't, Drew...those Frames aren't shown in Sasquatch Odyssey. Their version starts well after Frame 72...unfortunately. 

I'm guessing that you were hoping to see if the 'toe detail', in Frame 61, appears in that copy of the Film. :)

I would think that Patricia Patterson's copy of the Film would have a high-quality image of F61. 

Thanks for the pointer Sweaty.

Mike

You're welcome, Mike. That is the only technical trick that I know of, regarding maximizing the detail in the 'saved images'. :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Drew

Thanks BFHBM.

That foot doesn't look over exposed in that photo, what do you think Bill Munns is referring too when he says the foot is too white or overexposed to use the foot as a ruler?

Perhaps Bill Munns could crop a section of 61 or 72 to get us a view of what Pat Patterson's film shows for foot detail?

Wheellug

Perhaps an over simplified explanation is in order?  

Think of a tracer round.  You visually see a 'streak'.   Same thing can happen with quick moving objects on film, it streaks.

You may have seen pictures of roadways at night with red and white trails.  This is done by 'over exposure' when the shutter is left open for long periods of time.

Since the foot is a fast moving object (relative in this case) it leaves a slight streak. 

Hope I got that right. 

Bigfoothunter

Thanks BFHBM.

That foot doesn't look over exposed in that photo, what do you think Bill Munns is referring too when he says the foot is too white or overexposed to use the foot as a ruler?

Perhaps Bill Munns could crop a section of 61 or 72 to get us a view of what Pat Patterson's film shows for foot detail?

He must be thinking of C72 as its in motion in that frame which blurs the toes and the lightening of the bottom of the foot added to washing out fine details. The foot in C61 is still angled to the ground, thus its partially shaded from the direct sunlight - unlike the vertical foot in C72.

When the left foot is positioned like the right foot is seen in C61 - its toes are visible.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

pinkmoon67

Mr Patterson thought of everything didn't he even putting toes on his fake suit knowing that they would show up decades later via advances in computer technology what a genius and on a very limited budget as well!!!

• Upvote 2

Mr Patterson thought of everything didn't he even putting toes on his fake suit knowing that they would show up decades later via advances in computer technology what a genius and on a very limited budget as well!!!

well its easy to predict the future when you have a rich brother in law.

Which makes me think, kit claims Roger had funding from deatley, but then says the film promotion was to save DeAtleys family owned paving company from going under. Which is it? Al had money to risk on a bigfoot hoax when his fathers company is failing?

Bigfoothunter

^^

John Green has told me that DeAtley made his money after the PGF by getting government contracts through his connections. John also said that DeAtley didn't invest any time and money into the promotion of the film until after Roger passed his polygraph that the event was not a hoax.

^

DeAtley also said he started believing the footage was real after the scientists commented positively about it.

Sign in to follow this