Was Roger Patterson Really A Known Hoaxer?

Wheellug

Which the Wallace family refused to make available to noted persons such as Dr Meldrum for study.  So officially, there is no way to identify or compare.

Edited by Wheellug

kitakaze

Meldrum was not categorically refused. He was told by Michael Wallace that the family had been inundated with media requests and needed time to allow things to calm down. Numerous times the Wallace's made the stompers available to media...

https://books.google.ca/books?id=hPST5ZLI4dAC&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=jeff+meldrum+wallace+family&source=bl&ots=8I-XZJcLtq&sig=4JGgglp9SZxvR5M-Q_847Fvonk4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=F451VdjOJ4TBmAWFvoDwAw&ved=0CEsQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=jeff%20meldrum%20wallace%20family&f=false

Bigwallace44.jpg

Do you think the track casts posted in #106 represent really, really real Bigfoots?

kitakaze

ps: Here's a hourglass track from Vancouver Island, BC, 1988, cast by John Bindernagel, was Patterson or Wallace responsible for it as well...somehow ?

Given the similarity between that cast and the Patterson Wallace foot, plus the fact that in 1988 when that track was cast by Bindernagel he had been a Bigfooter for 13 years and found it while with a school group, I'd say it was far more likely Bindernagel was the target of a hoax. Something he's no stranger to. 

This is not my image and I don't think the Wallace stomper shown was used for either track, but the similarity between the two casts is very interesting...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w310/william_parcher/60349878.jpg~original

Guest DWA

Pat, do you understand that Wallace had oodles and oodles of stompers in all shapes and sizes? No you do not...

Well, that's damning!

I'm not gonna say to whom.   :music:

It's not known that Roger Patterson hoaxed anything. Those who focus on Roger Patterson's credibility for the purpose of discrediting the film are using a genetic logical fallacy. 

WHAT'S ON THE FILM, people.  All that matters.  Anyone decently versed in logic knows this.  Doesn't matter if Patterson was a basket case or a congenital liar.  Doesn't.

At ALL.

Edited by DWA

kitakaze

Nothing on the film rules out a man in a suit. Not piano head claims, not t-rex forearm claims. Patterson being a known hoaxer, yes, that matters.

Well, that's damning!

I'm not gonna say to whom.  

This, as well...

cast.jpg

All casts from Bluff Creek 1963. Total hoaxing gong show.

Guest DWA

Nope.  47 years of maybe the most thorough analysis ever given a piece of film says:  animal.

No analysis that passes scientific scrutiny gives this a chance of being a fake.  Patterson couldn't have done it; to layer in a hoax league or hoaxing Patterson sends Occam home with a clothespin on his nose.

Edited by DWA

kitakaze

Chris Wallas came into analysis of the film wanting it to be real. His conclusions are as valid as any proponent. **** Smith as well. Pretending valid dissent doesn't exist isn't making it go away. I think I'll take the opinion of one of Hollywood's greatest FX artists over someone who can't discern an April Fool's joke a 12 year old child could have written from reality.

Guest Bigfoothunter

Meldrum was not categorically refused. He was told by Michael Wallace that the family had been inundated with media requests and needed time to allow things to calm down. Numerous times the Wallace's made the stompers available to media...

Holding up wood carvings for the camera is not what Meldrum was talking about.  Meldrum wanted to do some physical measurements and close examinations of their detail to which the Wallace family agreed to allow, but then refused.

Your line in the track has been addressed and debunked to death. Wrong angle when compared to the carving - no transfer evidence in the track from the recesses in the carving - the same line is seen at the ball of another foot track. Your shoddy observation failed to hold up to scrutiny. What Green (who was there) had said is supported by the evidence.

matchinglinelengths_zpsd8f5c348.jpg

BTW, cigars come in various widths, but as a self-proclaimed critical thinker - you must be aware of this despite showing the fatest stogie you could come up with for your illustration. And as a critical thinker and knowing that theh base of the track has been pressed into a hard surface - only a fraction of a round cigar would imprint the track.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Wheellug

Wallace family may make the stompers available for media.. all a publicity act.  

The fact remains they refuse to let them be studied. 

Edited by Wheellug

Guest DWA

There is no other scientific field in which the claims made for Wallace and against Patterson could possibly be taken seriously based on evidence available.  This is all about denial and a disgrace to the scientific profession.  That fact remains unchallenged.

Wallace family may make the stompers available for media.. all a publicity act.  

The fact remains they refuse to let them be studied. 

I did not know that. Tell more please.

kitakaze

Your line in the track has been addressed and debunked to death. Wrong angle when compared to the carving 

Right angle...

Bigwallace22-1.jpg

You've never examined the stompers in person so you can not say exactly what the surface texture is like and how it should imprint in fine dust.

I don't even need to refute your argument, simply allow yours to be seen. You think this was made by a really, really real Bigfoot...

GreenBkCover.jpg 

That is all.

Guest DWA

If that is all...then I don't think you got much.

kitakaze

I did not know that. Tell more please.

From Meldrum's LMS book, p. 70...

I also personally contacted Michael Wallace, who was acting as the family spokesperson and who, by the way, wasn't even around in 1958. I was trying to arrange for an opportunity to examine firsthand and properly document the wooden feet that had caused such a commotion. It would presumably be a straightforward excercise to determine which, if any, of the documented Bluff Creek tracks were produced by the Wallace's carved feet. Wallace was respectful and seemingly sympathetic to my academic request but explained the family had been quite inundated since the media hysteria and needed time to let the dust settle. 

Was Michael Wallace unreasonable with Jeff Meldrum?

Because maybe these are really, really real...

89614d43709a78dad.jpg