Finding Bigfoot Has Been On The Air For 5 Years. It Should Be Called Not Finding Bigfoot.

Guest Taylor

Yawn.  Been there, done that.  I'm not a huge fan of the show, but to criticize them for "not finding Bigfoot" is silly and unfair.  I doubt they (the four of them) even came up with the title.  Besides, does anyone really think that "Trying to Find Bigfoot" is a better title?

How about Bigfoot: Still looking, or Bigfoot: Loading . . . . (with the little loading circle). I like the show, so do my kids. It is interesting to hear people sighting claims. 

Why?  Who's looked?  Does anyone around here have any idea what it takes to scientifically confirm something?

(No.  "FB" isn't looking for bigfoot.  It's *television*, gang.)

Well, one would hope.

Even hearing the producer talk it's obvious he's doing television and not serious.  I mean, he actually sounds serious enough about the possibility to understand this.

I more like the witness accounts not so much the . . . uhm . . . . field work. Love to see Sasquatch just run out some night investigation and just plow through the camera crew or past them. 

Providing no one got hurt.

I really want someone to explain to me what's going on in all those town halls.  Are those people all on drugs?  All lying?  All saw bears? (Even more unlikely...some random mix?)  You'd have to 'splain to me why anyone would think that.

Funny thing is that science says this:  believe them and figure out why they are all saying this.

"Scientists"?  Not so much.  And this is why I believe that most people who call themselves scientists...are not.  They don't understand how science works, outside of the narrow corner in which they practice it.

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that some reports are a mix of hoax, mis-identification, hallucination (drug/heath/climate), and thought projected by media (not news but books and internet if you follow) Though at the same time I am certain people have to be seeing something and I think they may indeed get the odd true report room from time to time. Still some are just funny to listen to. For example in the episode Bobo marks his truff there is an individual who claims to have seen hundreds of them at one time. Maybe he did but it seems unlikely. Another in the same episode says they saw a ripple like in the predator movies when they are cloaked. I have to say this something I place more in the Sci/Fi realm than truth (sorry if some do not share my view to each their own). Still from time to time they do have people that appear visually shaken by what they claim to have seen. Be they actors or telling the truth it makes for an interesting watch.   

BFF Patron

I laugh so hard at Bo Bo or Boo Boo or whatever because he's always like "this is the time we find him" and they never do. But he's always so sure this will be the time.

And the girl is so funny because she's like "no he doesn't actually exist. I don't know why I'm here."

A case where reaction to the show (from Reddit above) is better than the show.  

Edited by bipedalist

Well, one would hope.

Even hearing the producer talk it's obvious he's doing television and not serious.  I mean, he actually sounds serious enough about the possibility to understand this.

Having met the cast and crew at a local "Townhall" last week, and talking with them for hours afterward over dinner/drinks, I think your pretty accurate here. I can't get specific, since I signed an NDA with a $1,000,000 fine clause :-o, but it was a very interesting experience.

Having met the cast and crew at a local "Townhall" last week, and talking with them for hours afterward over dinner/drinks, I think your pretty accurate here. I can't get specific, since I signed an NDA with a $1,000,000 fine clause :-o, but it was a very interesting experience.

The fine clause is as funny as the show, or do you have the million to pay?

Guest insanity42

When the series started, I did not have high expectations that they'd find or solve anything. I watch it as I can, but do not think its much of anything beyond entertainment.

And nothing wrong with that.  Might be an issue, however, with people thinking that dropping into an area for three days is gonna uncover an elusive animal that likes to stay out of sight and for which, to boot, none of the indirect evidence is taken seriously.  You won't find a skunk in three days.

The future of this field is long-term field stays, which will require a TV approach closer to that taken for, say, BBC specials such as Planet Earth.