Finding Bigfoot Has Been On The Air For 5 Years. It Should Be Called Not Finding Bigfoot.

Guest Taylor

I still think a show centered solely on witnesses and their experiences since the sightings would be very appealing.  No expectation of big reveals, just an in depth look at what seeing something that seems impossible (and invites scorn and ridicule), and how that affects someone. 

That would be an interesting show to be sure. I truly feel the segments where they are talking to the witnesses are far more interesting than the banter between them while they have a small army walking around in the woods at night trying to pretend that they are alone. I often wonder how often they are watched by something like a hermit in the woods and have no idea about it. 

• Upvote 1

I frequently say that most people have zero idea how much depth and breadth this topic possesses.  If Planet Earth and its BBC kin can be so huge, ...this could be bigger.  By a lot.  We aren't just talking sasquatch (and its possible sister species) in NA; we're talking yeti; orang pendek; almas...

BFF Patron

They were in Central Florida last night.    Working with Stacy Brown.     Have met him and he is one of the more dedicated BF researchers out there.    Will be people like him that have breakthroughs.     One witness found a bunch of hogs in one area that had broken front legs.    Like BF had disabled them to keep them in live storage.    Of course Renae figures it was just alligators breaking the legs.     After all as a field biologist in Washington doing bear studies, she learned a lot about alligator behavior.    Snark Snark

Yep, that is classic alligator MO, breaking a leg and leaving the rest intact, they do it all the time...snort

Have not seen the episode yet (no cable) but if it would have been one hog seen like that or two and she had said maybe it was from a fight between boars I'd be like, yeah I can see that. Though I am no field biologist so what do I know. 

Guest ewashguy56

It was pretty good IMO. Ranae still irritates with her constant doubting of sightings by witnessess.

...never mind saying things a wildlife biologist should know are not "logical" alternative explanations.

BFF Patron

She brought up doing bear studies in Washington again on that show in response to one witness, a former military man, who did not like her line of questioning.      Makes one think that bear study was the only work she has done in the field or she would not continue to bring it up like she does.    She has to be in her mid thirties and has spent 5 years with Finding BIgfoot.     So it is entirely possible that the bear study and Finding Bigfoot have been her only jobs post graduation.    Now that is a wealth of experience!

Guest thegeorgiahiker

WOODSLORE,

I too have thought about the Alone in the wild with no camera crew idea. If someone had a series like that and only aired the ones with some some sort of activity, it could create an audience :). Maybe when I win the lottery.

I find myself waiting for those few moments on the show when there is a response or sound of some kind in the woods. I believe the show does catch moments in the woods that are interesting, yet it is sometime hard to hear with the background music/sound building to a crescendo. I turn the TV up loud to try and catch any sound in the woods. It's a lonely hour though as my family disappears to their rooms to avoid the preemptive howls.

Nick

Guest lightheart

I turned it off with the alligator breaking the pigs legs. Please......

Instead of this type of comment maybe a brief conversation about the implications that a " skunk ape" might be able to plan ahead enough to store some live food in advance of actually eating it.

Edited by lightheart

Moneymaker quite arrogantly said that he was a Sasquatch expert when Ranae questioned the first witness (I had a lot of questions for the first witness myself, to be quite honest). He tried to justify the first witness by claiming that Sasquatch often do things that are unexpected as if he KNEW what Sasquatch do. I personally agreed with Ranae a couple of times last night, once when she questioned the first witness and the second time with the hogs with the "broken" legs. Plus that footage and still photographs were most likely a bear, NOT a Skunk Ape. The arms were way too short to be a large primate. The first witness said he supposedly saw a creature take a trail with little cover on it. That to me makes little sense, because as Ranae pointed out, there was a trail off in the other direction with more cover. I think that guy was just trying to get on TV and make up a BS story just to get his fifteen minutes of fame. The second witnesses seemed more credible, and the third witness simply misidentified a bear and thought it was a Skunk Ape. The creature on the video was running on all fours and was just barely visible above the tall grass. Then the still photos showed a likely standing bear.

The episode when/if they ever see a Sasquatch. Ranae's reaction "We are in the middle of no where and we all saw it. The guys are all so certain it was a Sasquatch. I just can't rule out it being a man in a fur suit."

Edited by Woodslore