Rex

New Video.. Thoughts?

Titanpat57

The camera pointing out the door pointed upward, as to anticipate a visitor, not of the fuzzy, four legged kind....and of of course, all the inserted drama in the video sends up red flags.

Doc Holliday

maybe the BF clip  needs its own budget version of Elvira like that ^ one had  to round things out a bit , lol.

Dr. Boogie

I'm with Rockape on this one. It just instantly screamed cgi to me. It's hard to explain but there's a luminosity or unnatural looking contrast to the object. Even if it had looked more natural the text would have raised warning flags; biologist (must be real then eh?), 10 second delay...such bad luck depriving us of the 'money shot'. Nice snippet of dramatic music over the end. Too....manufactured for me!

Edited by Dr. Boogie

insanity42

From The Naturalist's blog:
"I am Ronald Von Beringe, better known in the scientific community as "The Naturalist." I am a PHD and Master's degree holder in anthropology, biology, zoology and cryptozoology; an alum of schools on all 8 continents (including Madagascar.) Great grandson of Robert Von Beringe & Mata Hari."

Few concerns or questions.

• Is there a PhD or Master degree for cryptozoology at any school?
  • Holding a PhD(s) and/or a Master(s) in four different scientific fields seems unlikely. Same reason as below.
  • Being an alumna from eight continents seems unlikely. Seems to me that would take decades of schooling.
  • Madagascar is considered to be of the African continent, not a separate one itself.
  • I haven't found anything yet that Friedrich Robert von Beringe had any children with a Mata Mari.
  • There was a Mata Mari, who was executed as a spy in France during World War I, who was married to Rudolf John MacLeod until 1906.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mata_Hari

I suspect the bio is fictional.

I've been trying to determine what model camera this is. TrailCamPro.com has reviews of many makes and models, including discontinued ones, and such information as the trigger speed and recovery times.
http://www.trailcampro.com/moultriereviews.aspx

I wonder if the 10 second delay of the camera is actually the recovery time between photos as some of the discontinued Moultrie models did have long recovery times.
The M100 has a recovery time of 30 seconds. The trigger speed was ~1.6 seconds. A con was blurry night pictures. No mention if it could record video.
The M80 XT has an improved recovery time of 10 seconds, and could record video (max duration 10 seconds at night). Judging by the info along the bottom, this camera was neither of those models.

By looking at the information along the bottom of screen, the Moultrie logo and such, a guess could be this is from the A-5, though such info as the temp and pressure can be toggled, other newer models could be a match.  These models having faster recovery times.

• Upvote 1

Wheellug

That's what I was looking to read.. his blog.. and yeah that sounds extremely 'posh' so to speak.

All 8 continents huh? 

I like the clip because who ever created it did a good job.. I do not believe its a squatch.. but whoever produced it did pretty good.  

Sasfooty

Some new continents must have risen since I was in school.

They said there were 6 back then.......

maybe the BF clip  needs its own budget version of Elvira like that ^ one had  to round things out a bit , lol.

Yeah I'd take it more seriously then.

David NC

Video was taken while he was away?  Away where in the middle of the night and leaving his tent door unzipped and folded back? Walks like a creepy human lol   passes by the door of the tent without so much as a look at it like it was not even aware of the tent being there?  to many odd things. 

Sunflower

There is no information on Ronald von Beringe.  His claim that he is the great grandson of Robert von Beringe and Mata Hari can NOT be true.  Mata Hari's only two known children died so it's impossible for him to make that claim.

This is a joke...........

Cisco

My best guess is CGI because of the "brightness" of the subject. However, what gives it away is the explanation of the "10 second delay."

He puts a lot of emphasis on the 10 second delay because of the sudden appearance of the subject in the film. He just "appears" in the film and that's not because of a 10 second delay, it's because it was digitally inserted. He could not make it look like it slowly progressed into the shot, coming from one side of the tent opening. Instead, it suddenly is there, and he uses the 10 second delay as the explanation.

He should not have tried to use that argument as that's the "tell" in this particular hoax.

• Upvote 1

MarkGlasgow

It's just a bit of fun which has got way out of hand. BFRO still tweeting this footage this evening....

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. The film is as fake as his bio.