chelefoot

Another One... Are They Getting Better? Or Worse?

chelefoot

post-18321-0-64448000-1433850123.jpg

Titanpat57

No shin rise....

Game over man....

chelefoot

Yep, looks obviously fake to me. But we have to have something to analyze, right?

Here is the text that was posted with it:

Bigfoot in Ohio

I was a non-believer but now I know that BIGFOOT IS REAL!!

Last evening as I sat on my back deck watching the sun go down with my faithful dog in Apple Valley Lake, Ohio when I saw something. It was nether man nor animal. It was something else.

My dog whimpered and only wanted to go inside. I grabbed my phone and quickly took this picture before the creature slipped into the woods.

Bigfoot is real and I am dedicated to finding out what....it.....is.

Someone else did some work on the photo (this person may be a member here, so I will keep his/her name incognito):

I added more pixels and increase the image size, enhanced and sharpened the image, also reduced image noise. I particularly focused some of the enhancements around the figure. Looks a bit like a guy with a mohawk and possibly a small beard.post-18321-0-33754700-1433850563.jpg

The grass has been "fixed" digitally or the actual grass?

The odd thing I noticed right away about this photo was it appears there MAY have been an artistic photo filter applied either during or after the photo was taken.

Edited by chelefoot
Fix quote

Titanpat57

And I thank you for posting that for us, i know were all just trying to "feast on the beast"....I just wish some of these attempts were a bit more genuine.

chelefoot

So do I.

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. One more the good guys.

Squatchologist

^Hoaxers? Are they the good guys?

Airdale

"The odd thing I noticed right away about this photo was it appears there MAY have been an artistic photo filter applied either during or after the photo was taken."

I strongly believe that there was an artistic filter or effect used on the photo.

tras.jpg

The first photo below was taken from my deck with a Canon SX20IS.

post-22377-0-56885300-1433863447_thumb.j

Below is the same photo with the exposure dialed back to more closely match the "Sasquatch" photo and with a "Watercolor" effect applied at its maximum level.

post-22377-0-69904900-1433863465_thumb.j

My photo is much sharper because it was taken with a real camera with quality optics under excellent lighting conditions. The effect isn't exactly the same as it's highly unlikely the same photo editor was used. I selected watercolor as it seemed close to the original. There is a definite similarity in the appearance of the grass and other elements between the original and my doctored photo however. In the interest of full disclosure, my photo was made on 9/9/14, exposure was f/5.7 at 1/60 second with no exposure compensation applied and at maximum optical zoom of 100 mm which is roughly equivalent to a 600 mm lens on a 35 mm film or full frame DSLR digital camera.

Crowlogic

Indeed sales of monkey costumes are on the rise.

OldMort

Looks like Bob Heironimus...

Looks better than Bob Heironimus, but still very very bad.

Cotter

Airdale!  That deer looks delicious!

OH,  BF photo?  meh....no deal.

Doc Holliday

idk chele, looks more like Mr T out for a stroll in his PJs...... in fact, i pity the fool that believes this is legit ;)

KY Squatcher

If you can't fake a squatch better than that then don't even try and pass it as real here. I again must raise the bogus Flag. :rtfm:

Edited by AaronD
to bring to compliance

JiggyPotamus

The left leg gives it away quite easily in my opinion. I have always stressed to look for obvious signs of a suit, paying special attention to whether the legs look like they're wearing pants, since fabric and skin will not behave in the same manner. This is especially useful when the fabric of the suit is not taut, but hangs loosely. Probably the most noticeable discrepancy apparent in the image in question is the left ankle, where the foot and leg meet. This entire area looks unnatural. There appears to be some motion-blur, and the image itself is not very clear. This is to be expected with a lower-quality camera, although the distance does not appear to be great. Therefore I am assuming that the movement of the camera is causing the lack of quality more than the camera itself. This in itself is not indicative of a hoax, considering that we should not expect all field images to be perfect. I will always maintain that the importance of the image quality where it relates to authenticity will depend upon the information we have available about the circumstances and hardware. If we know the exact camera, and can therefore research its characteristics and behavior, obviously we would be in a better position to understand what would cause a certain lack of quality, and whether this lack of quality is consistent with the circumstances described by the eyewitness. Therefore it is always of the utmost importance to get every possible detail when a witness captures visual evidence, even if the details seem useless at the time. This can be done in cases where no visual evidence was captured as well, although it is more important in cases where an image or video was taken.