Why The Criticism Of Todd Standing, But Others Get A Pass?

Why?  OK, this. I mean, just this (and that's a person in a suit, the arms are enough).

The things they did are scientifically repeatable [nice phrase there, just what somebody listening to too many skeptics would steal]...so they aren't going to share it with anyone?  Because someone might kill one?

OK, Todd.  NAWAC would settle for proof without a body.  But they are looking to kill one.  You could stop that.  You aren't...?

Why the criticism of Standing?  Oh I couldn't even guess.

Doesn't share anything; charges $$$.  Hucksterama.

Meanwhile, the cast of Finding Bigfoot has gotten rich knocking on trees..........

Edited by seminole

See, this is your problem, focusing on the sideshows.  I have never watched FB (that's TV, not science), and Standing is faking stuff.  Next!

His unscrupulous claims are a pattern that historically goes much further than just the muppets. This is from six months ago, and frankly I don't think too many people want to go over it all again: it's old news. Thanks to PragmaticTheorist for his diligence.

http://thesasquatchvoice.blogspot.com/

There's another pattern in his public and online statements, and that's bitter, envious comments about Matt M and his show.

Meanwhile, the cast of Finding Bigfoot has gotten rich knocking on trees..........

I sincerely doubt they are getting rich and they aren't hoaxing anything since they fail to find bigfoot every episode. But that's reality for ya. The people who watch that show appreciate the effort, I suppose, not their results. Wouldn't that be the end of the show once they find bigfoot. Then it's "Found Bigfoot, Now What?" It's like that with most reality/conspiracy TV shows. You don't expect Scott Wolter to actually find the Holy Grail do you? People tune in to watch the process of the investigation to see how close they come to finding the treasure, not expecting to actually see any gold.

But in Standing's case it's his results that sank his ship. And if you think that Todd was unaware his muppet photos were being edited for his website to hawk his wares, then I have nothing more to say. You must then believe the muppet was an actual bigfoot or you are Todd himself.

Edited by Gigantofootecus

Well, actually, within months of confirmation, half of Animal Planet will be bigfoot shows.  Shoot, dogs cats and horses are like half of it now!  "Finding" bigfoot won't even be the start.

BFF Patron

Standing succumbed to the typical human weakness of trying to make money off of BF. To do that you have to produce on a regular basis something that people want to see or hear. We see that with stuffed things in freezers, radio shows about encounters with BF, muppets in this case, film projects, etc. Honest people are satisfied in self published take it or leave it books but some people need more and at some point realize that they don't want to wait 20 years to have anything to say so start inventing it to have something now.

Anybody can make ANY photograph appear shopped with software. Who has PROVEN that Todd has faked images? Who has the PUPPET itself in their hands? Next, ANYBODY can SAY Les has distanced himself from Standing, but has Les HIMSELF said so??? Again, i dont have a horse in this race, but i do see that there are people who are slamming this dude because its the IN thing to do.

For someone who constantly repeats the mantra of not having a horse in the race I think you do. With the capital letters and all......which is fine just say so.

The only thing we have to prove is the species itself. And the preferred expediant method is without a doubt a bullet. Todd Standing if he is not hoaxing us would have already proved the existence of the creature if he was PRO KILL. Nobody can claim your a hoaxer with a body on a slab. NOBODY.

My suggestion is to stop worrying about the Finding Bigfoot crew and their fruitless endeavors and concentrate on doing whats right for the species. PROOF.

Standing succumbed to the typical human weakness of trying to make money off of BF. To do that you have to produce on a regular basis something that people want to see or hear. We see that with stuffed things in freezers, radio shows about encounters with BF, muppets in this case, film projects, etc. Honest people are satisfied in self published take it or leave it books but some people need more and at some point realize that they don't want to wait 20 years to have anything to say so start inventing it to have something now.

And contrary to what bigfoot skepticism tells one that one has to believe, this is why people with authentic experiences can go on to fake stuff:  the sheer frustration of knowing, and not being believed by anyone.  Oh, I get it, much more than I get any alleged "motive" put forth by any bigfoot skeptic, to which it is always easy to say:

No, son.  People don't work like that.

Edited by DWA

I did enjoy his quote on Finding Bigfoot. "what good is the best HD video, photos. People will always say fake. Science will not believe until we have a body." Bit paraphrased but you get the idea.

Never mind refusing to share alleged information he has that could help NAWAC confirm it ...without killing one.

Just in case you haven't read it, seminole, here's something to chew on:

http://media.texasbigfoot.com/SylvanicVideoExamination_Poling&Falconer_Aug2014.pdf

While by your standards nothing could actually prove he's a hoaxer (no horse my arse), in reality saying that Todd hasn't been proven to hoax is like saying that you can't prove that the universe wasn't created yesterday by a giant robot smurf.  Technically you might be right, but anybody with any common sense can see that it's nonsense.

When??? WHEN did Standing get caught hoaxing? All i have seen is people's OPINIONS of his stuff, i havent read where anyone caught him hoaxing. Where is the proof of that???

Do I have to post all these images again???...

Blinkie-FourFrames-AG4_zpsgr9xd0aq.gif

Blinky....the WonderSquatch.....twigs....trees...backgrounds...come-n-go, and Blinky never turns his head, in any direction. 

Of course, there's nothing fishy about these two images, is there??...

Creature02-DifferentBranches-AG2_zpsq6n9

Gee, this couldn't qualify as 'proof of a hoax', could it.....Todd gets footage of a TREE rolling past him....but not of the Sasquatch that threw it at him... :wacko: ...

Tree2_zps93e57d5f.jpg

A free tip for Toddy.....next time a Sasquatch picks-up a tree, to toss it at you....point the camera at him

"Go, Todd......go"... :lol: ...

ThatsAllFolksAG5_zpstilixv5a.gif

Edited to add....a classic Far Side cartoon...

FarSide-DO-NOT-TOUCH_zps58265f6a.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3