Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Perez

P-G Film Notes

Bigfoothunter

^^

How hard is it to place yourself into the mindset of a man who knew he was battling a slow growing cancer that was to eventually take his life. He believed he had gotten his film showing his encounter which is what everyone who goes looking for the creature hopes to do. His plan was to now run with what he had.  In the years before his death .... there would have been times he had hardly the motive to get out of bed .... fatigue comes easy. I know as I have twice battled the same cancer as Roger had.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

Agreed that is odd. Maybe he did but it didn't turn out as good as the PGF.

Why would he never come back to Bluff Creek where he knew there was at least one bigfoot?

Bigfoot being the prize why bother looking somewhere else? Why didn't he come back in the days following with Green and gang? If it was me you wouldn't be able to keep me away.

One reason not to go back is simply the vastness of the forests, in that area. Patty wasn't just hangin' around the creek, waiting for Roger to come back and film her. 

It's actually easier to go searching closer to home....(once you've seen proof positive that they are out there). 

OkieFoot

I'm sure this has been mentioned on here before so sorry to bring it up again.

Did Roger and Bob G. ever say if they smelled that rank Bigfoot odor when they saw Patty?

Bigfoothunter

^^

I recall Gimlin saying it.

OkieFoot

^^

I recall Gimlin saying it.

I asked because I thought I had heard long ago that the odor is what initially spooked the horses. I didn't know if that was correct or not.

Have the skeptics claimed the odor was faked also?   ;) 

kitakaze

Roger Patterson, October 20th, 1967...

"But she stunk, like did you ever let in a dog out of the rain and he smelled like he'd been rolling in something dead. Her odor didn't last long where she'd been."

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/firstpgf.htm

Bob Gimlin, May 7, 2014...

Thom: Was there an odor? Did you smell her?

Bob: Yeah, yes, there was an odor... I thought it had kind of a... a skunky, mest... musty, skunky type of smell... Pretty stinky but with a must to it.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.jp/2014/04/candid-interview-with-bob-gimlin-by.html

Bob Heironimus also reported the suit mask to have a rotten smell.

At least one of the incidents in which Jerry Merritt was hoaxed in Yakima involved a strong odour...

"And so I hollered, 'Turn him loose, Tip!' And the dog turned him loose and headed back to the house, and that dog stunk so bad. I mean it was like terrible. It was a really clean dog, you know, and that thing smelt so bad, and it was going, 'AHHHHHHHH' And then it turned and went right up on the road. It wasn't fifteen feet from the road, not even that far, probably... Went out on the road there; and it headed down the road just like this."

My thinking is that when Roger Patterson attempted to portray real Bigfoots whether on film or for someone he was trying to convince Bigfoot of, that he would in some fashion incorporate a bad smell. The rotting smell of the mask may have been intentional, but if only for the benefit of the suit wearer, that makes no sense. It could well have been poor hide preparation by Patterson. The bad mask door was also reported by suit witness John Miller when he wore the suit head at Heironimus' home the day after Heironimus returned from Bluff Creek.

SweatyYeti

^

"the day after Bob Heironimus returned from Bluff Creek"...on the 'Lollipop Express'... :lol:

PBeaton

OkieFoot,

Merritt himself said he wasn't hoaxed..."There ain't nobody that could have faked that," Merritt interrupted.    

The Heironimus stuff is nonsense, a red horsehide suit, with a grey fur coat fur glued to it, yada, yada..., doesn't match the Merritt creature or the sasquatch filmed at Bluff Creek. There's a certain sent comin' from Heironimus' story...if ya know what I mean.  ;)  ;)

Pat...                                                                      

Edited by PBeaton
  • Upvote 1

OkieFoot

OkieFoot,

Merritt himself said he wasn't hoaxed..."There ain't nobody that could have faked that," Merritt interrupted.    

The Heironimus stuff is nonsense, a red horsehide suit, with a grey fur coat fur glued to it, yada, yada..., doesn't match the Merritt creature or the sasquatch filmed at Bluff Creek. There's a certain sent comin' from Heironimus' story...if ya know what I mean.  ;)  ;)

Pat...                                                                      

I've read Bob H. has told three different stories about the suit.

I don't know why some footwear company didn't start marketing a Bob Heironimous line of flip-flops.  ;)

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

^

A great idea, Okie! :thumbsup:  

I may start a line of flip-flops under Heironimus' name. I'll call the gray flip-flops... "Snowscape Gray". :haha:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Sign in to follow this