A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

I agree with Crow! 50 years? Come on, I've always believed in bigfoot until a while ago because of this forum. I'll say there is no bigfoot. No such thing! Now, prove me wrong. Show me the body. Show me the animal. I'll believe then. 

Why do you think people have a job to have to satisfy you? If you don't want to 'believe', no big deal really.

Well get a life then Crow outside of this forum and stop driving yourself mad with this subject.

I'm sure it will do you the world of good.

Thanks me later.

I'm beginning to worry about the state of mind of some of these bigfoot dismissers. They seem completely unchilled and the subject is clearly upsetting them and is taking over their lives. I find it quite sad actually.

Guest diana swampbooger

Would you please elaborate on this?

That's as far as I dare go on this forum. 

Guest Crowlogic

Why do you think people have a job to have to satisfy you? If you don't want to 'believe', no big deal really.

I'm beginning to worry about the state of mind of some of these bigfoot dismissers. They seem completely unchilled and the subject is clearly upsetting them and is taking over their lives. I find it quite sad actually.

Let's consider the reality of belief vs non belief.  There are a good number of bigfoot believers/researchers who invest time and money in pursuit of bigfoot.  There are several well known on youtube and they are racking up a lio of time and mileage in that pursuit.  That to me sure seems like being consumed.  You may say committed or passionate but it's just semantics.  The non believer isn't buying equipment and going off on expeditions then making video blogs of them.  Spend a week in the woods then edit it down into 40 minutes for you tube and you've spent a bit of time.  Non believers are not spending time or money and I know of no non believers who are unhinged by their non belief.

Would you please elaborate on this?

That's as far as I dare go on this forum. 

Good answer considering the rules:

No religion or politics - No exceptions,

Let's consider the reality of belief vs non belief.  There are a good number of bigfoot believers/researchers who invest time and money in pursuit of bigfoot.  There are several well known on youtube and they are racking up a lio of time and mileage in that pursuit.  That to me sure seems like being consumed.  You may say committed or passionate but it's just semantics.  The non believer isn't buying equipment and going off on expeditions then making video blogs of them.  Spend a week in the woods then edit it down into 40 minutes for you tube and you've spent a bit of time.  Non believers are not spending time or money and I know of no non believers who are unhinged by their non belief.

Just throwing this out there - but how about those who believe (or know from their own personal experience) and are doing serious research, but keeping what they do entirely to themselves?  Is that just not a possibility?  Again, just something that I haven't seen mentioned as an option for someone researching, and maybe there are no such folks out there in this category.  I guess if there were only a few would know about them if they are keeping things that close to the vest.

Guest Crowlogic

Just throwing this out there - but how about those who believe (or know from their own personal experience) and are doing serious research, but keeping what they do entirely to themselves?  Is that just not a possibility?  Again, just something that I haven't seen mentioned as an option for someone researching, and maybe there are no such folks out there in this category.  I guess if there were only a few would know about them if they are keeping things that close to the vest.

That's a possibility but not a probability. 

Guest OntarioSquatch

The TBRC is probably the best example of a large group of skeptics turning into knowers. They put in a lot of time and effort and it payed off for them. They didn't come out and reveal the details of their operations until one of property owners revealed that there was a shooting back in 2011. 

Here is a few words:

A half-century is more than enough time for you bigfoot skeptics to have caught up.  That you haven't ...says it all.

The TBRC is probably the best example of a large group of skeptics turning into knowers. They put in a lot of time and effort and it payed off for them. They didn't come out and reveal the details of their operations until one of property owners revealed that there was a shooting back in 2011. 

The TBRC was formed by people that had their own sightings back around 1999. Some members later joined from the BFRO. They came into contact with property owner of area X around that time in 2003 I think. They named the property area X in 2006 when they launched operation forest vigil consisting of camera traps deloyed in several different areas including X ,Y and Z. They've been working area X for at least ten years and attempting to collect a specimen for about 5 years.

Most of their members were determined knowers well before they launched their continuous presence operations in X. They were skeptical of most information about bigfoot though, and in my eyes, it set them back on their progress. 

Edited by southernyahoo
  • Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

Yeah, a lot of them have already had their own experiences, but they were skeptical of their experiences there. It's hard not to be skeptical though with the evidence being as ambiguous as it is.

And they appear to be having a whale of a time doing it. They are out there experiencing nature and are having fun. They aren't sitting at home frothing at the mouth and experiencing nothing except four walls of a room while obsessing over something they are adamant doesn't exist.

I have come across plenty of unhinged unchilled rabid angry non believers foaming at the mouth at the idea of bigfoot. The internet is full of them.

Yeah, a lot of them have already had their own experiences, but they were skeptical of their experiences there. It's hard not to be skeptical though with the evidence being as ambiguous as it is.

To me, being skeptical of the very things that makes the search or hunt worth while is counter productive, but one has to be careful to not confuse total doubt with healthy uncertainty.