A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

WSA,

Again with the personal attacks, so unnecessary but maybe just that's just who you are?

It does surprise me that you cannot allow yourself to acknowledge the simple truth that there hasn't been much, if any, real progress (by my defintion). Maybe we have different objectives, I want to know whether these animals are real, what their habitation range is, their behavior, social structure, and the like. I see the hodge-podge of reports as clutter, just as Dr. Krantz did. He lamented the fact that establishing anything about sasquatch was made harder/nearly impossible due to all the fakery which had occurred (and that was during his era). It's only gotten worse as time has gone on. Rather than zeroing in on likely range,diet,behavior,social structure we've gone the other way; range is reportedly the entire continent, sizes are all over the place and behavior can be anything the human mind can imagine (SasChron's guest of a few days ago reported a sasquatch flew - not hyperbole, she meant flew as a bird flies - out of the bed of her pickup truck through the air for at least a thousand feet) That is the state of things.

This is unsatisfying, to me, maybe you find this perfectly okay.

But I find the acceptance of the current statutus quo surprising coming from a person who states a belief in the animal. The inability to see that the state of things as problematic; in fact the need to attack me for simply asking the question seems to indicate that you are so vested that you've lost the ability to be objective. Why you've felt the need to be a major part of this thread when all you've done is attack those who've posed an honest question is another indication to me that you are completely invested in the animal being real.

That's fine, totally your right to be so but I think you might at least answer the question. Why hasn't there there been more progress? A narrowing of the possibilities at the very least rather than what we have now. At the moment sasquatch is everywhere and yet nowhere.

Edited by Bodhi

I am not certain what anyone is trying to do with this "stop the personal attacks" thing other than to show the single-ply fortitude of his stance.

BFF Patron

Anyone find it strange that Bodhi would rather believe a PHD with a Mohawk that appeared on a TV game show than Meldrum with all his footprint evidence?       There is no money in BF research so university researchers are not interested in studying it.      If anything, money available with any relation to BF habitat would more likely come from sources like the timber industry that do not want BF discovered.       

"Sasquatch is everywhere and yet no where"      Isn't that one of Kit's favorite sayings out of the mouth of Bodhi?     If Bodhi is Kit he will keep slipping up like that.    Kit has a couple of other unique words he uses now and then that I am watching for.    Then again someone who lives in Japan would be very familiar with the meaning of the word Bodhi.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

seriously swwa? How many times has Meldrum been fooled? Heck, Survivorman bigfoot fooled Meldrum with a fake cast. And Disotell cut off the mohawk last year, just saying.

Edited by Bodhi

Guest Crowlogic

Bodhi has added a few well needed and a few well placed red flags in the post above this one.  I find it odd that in real science and true exploration there seldom if ever develops a lunatic fringe that reduces the subject to nonsense. .  Perhaps it is because there is a rigorous discipline woven into true science .

Bigfootism is a form of recreation and entertainment sometime posed as serious research.  It is very telling that the biggest most well funded construct in bigfootism ever is the Finding Bigfoot show.  I don't know how those characters can do it week after week and season after season with a straight face but roll on it does.  They are up to season 8 and not a single hard piece of evidence has been uncovered.  You would think after 8 seasons they would get it that the approach does not work.  However it looks good from the cheap seats at home.  Has anyone stopped to consider that they know it's a farce and that they could arrive standing on their heads and it wouldn't make any difference?   

So I guess along with blue bag communication bigfoot flies through the air  too.  So here's some fitting science to go along with flying bigfoot.  The moon is made out of cheese.  It's always been cheese we've been there but we didn't have the right equipment to determine the moon is cheese.  They really didn't bring back rocks from the moon because it would have tipped their hand that they hadn't brought the right equipment to analyze the moon composed as cheese.  Actually one of the astronauts did slip a piece of real moon cheese off to a lab for analysis but the lab lost the sample and never gave it back.  After half a century there's  not much difference between bigfoot and a moon made of cheese.

Anyone find it strange that Bodhi would rather believe a PHD with a Mohawk that appeared on a TV game show than Meldrum with all his footprint evidence?       There is no money in BF research so university researchers are not interested in studying it.      If anything, money available with any relation to BF habitat would more likely come from sources like the timber industry that do not want BF discovered.       

Right.  It's the typical True Believer schtick:  believe what one wants to believe.  In the bigfoot-skeptic case, the guy says he's a scientist and who cares if he shows not a shred of homework?  Bodhi wouldn't understand Meldrum's book if he read it.  It is a mitigating factor, however, that the skeptical *scientists* who read it don't understand it, while you and I do.

Of course, as anyone with a scientific bent *would have to* understand it, it's more likely that they faked it, and hoped no one they were writing for had read it.

Couple of points of clarification Bodhi, and I'll have to go for now....

Real. or not real, is not anything anyone here controls, or probably even influences.  Any of us "wanting" to know, without rigor,  is as useful as teets on a bull.

I believe  that only a  fraction of the credible witnesses, of those who claim to "know", really have the possibility of knowing. Those without any experience know the least and their opinions without fully appreciating the possibilities mean squat to me.  Between those two poles are those who are judicious in what they believe, and see nothing extraordinary in a good deal of the evidence.

But, unresolved is unresolved.  This is not to be confused with complacency.  Trying to force a determination of non-existence,  based on the current state of the inquiry, is worse than complacency too.  Sit on your hands if you can't do anything else and still want to be part of the conversation, That is my opinion on the matter.

^^That pretty much.  I can't get over how some people think "it's not real because I think it isn't, just 'cause" is something worth enunciating once, much less over and over.

did a quick google scholar search for Dr. Paabo, looks interesting - thanks. Not sure who's pocket you believe Dr. Disotell is in, he's always seemed fairly open to the possibilities to me. He's been a friend to the community for awhile, what has he done which casues you to distrust him?

Couple of points of clarification Bodhi, and I'll have to go for now....

Real. or not real, is not anything anyone here controls, or probably even influences.  Any of us "wanting" to know, without rigor,  is as useful as teets on a bull.

I believe  that only a  fraction of the credible witnesses, of those who claim to "know", really have the possibility of knowing. Those without any experience know the least and their opinions without fully appreciating the possibilities mean squat to me.  Between those two poles are those who are judicious in what they believe, and see nothing extraordinary in a good deal of the evidence.

But, unresolved is unresolved.  This is not to be confused with complacency.  Trying to force a determination of non-existence,  based on the current state of the inquiry, is worse than complacency too.  Sit on your hands if you can't do anything else and still want to be part of the conversation, That is my opinion on the matter.

never seem to answer the question but I'll ask one last time before I accept that you cannot allow yourself to give a straight answer; Are you satisfied with the level of progress since the PGF came out?

But on the whole, "don't make it personal" complaint. 

I'm sure you are a very nice person, as are all who post here. I'm sure we could have a great time swilling beer and telling war stories late into the evening.  On this topic though, there is no polite way to tell you you are whack, so I don't try. 

Just take one area of evidence, the footprints: You are required, given your position on the matter, to say that ALL (Not most...ALL) footprints (thousands, over centuries) are fabrications and hoaxes. Either that, or you disconnect completely from reality to believe footprints are made by nothing. Either statement is complete ka-ka. You know it, but yet you and many others persist in that. That is a personal failing on your part, and I hate to have to be the one to bring the news to you, but somebody must. 

• Upvote 1

If you believe in bigfoot you will believe in anything.  How's that for starters?

Really? Then how come I don't believe in ghosts, alien abduction, werewolves, vampires, mermaids, fairies, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, re-incarnation, ESP, Heaven, Hell, God etc etc etc?

And how come Crowlogic believes in...well, if he believes in what he is peddling here, "anything" is a fair estimate of the rest?

And...my personal satisfaction as to what now? Who cares? I have no yardstick to measure progress in this field. If you ask me if I think we've expended a sufficient EFFORT towards progress, I'd say hell no we haven't, and it shows. 

^^ I have to say I've learned a lot about BF since frequenting this site.

And based on that the answer to the above is 'yes'.

Once you sort out what the creature is about, its easy to see why. I think a lot of skeptics are frustrated because they have an (arrogant) impression that BF is just a regular animal and never even try on the idea that it may be as smart or smarter than humans. If you don't think its smart, then it makes no sense and must not exist because it does not show up on game cams and we don't find dead bodies laying around.

But if its smart, (and has better night vision than we do) then avoiding game cameras is not that mysterious if you also entertain the idea that maybe it wants no contact with humans whatsoever. This starts to make sense, as all those sightings out there are the ones that screwed up and got seen. Of course I could be making all this up, the only thing is that I know they exist.

But really when it comes down to it I don't blame skeptics and skoftics one bit for disabusing the idea of BF. The only response I have is: 'fine- no worries- go ahead and live your life and enjoy the woods. However, should you ever have an encounter, just be forewarned that your thinking might go out the window in one heartbeat."

• Upvote 2