A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

That's a good point, "who's to say what's crazy?" I can only decide for myself what I think is or isn't. And yes, a lot of folks here believe these things. I comment on them at times but generally stay away from it. If they want to believe it, more power to them, they might be right. Most of that is a distraction from what should really be the focal point though, and that is first finding proof they actually exist.

You call it crazy stuff but how do you know? I am willing to bet that at least some of the items listed, which you think are crazy, are believed by others here. The infrasound thing is bandied about like it's definitively real - which just baffles me. You might think that pancake eating is crazy but, in all honesty, there's no real way to separate the crazy from the realistic in this field. Just because you think Ketchum's reports of braided hair is nutty doesn't mean it's not true, you can't know at this point.

That's the dilemma and the point of my post.

Because much of it defies the laws of physics? Just sayin...........

BFF Patron

Something that is recordable seems pretty real to me and completely within the laws of physics.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Who cares what most think? Are they buying my grub and gas?

I've never been one to go along with the crowd because its the popular thing to do.

I base my life and beliefs upon my own logic and observations. And because of that I choose to come here on a Bigfoot forum and discuss what I find compelling and interesting and I dont appreciate being preached to by nay sayers every time I turn around.

As a lifetime hunter I saw a trackway one time I found pretty darn compelling, Im sorry you were not there. But telling me that MOST of science does not give any credit to this subject IS NOT a newsflash to me.

Most people at one time thought the sun revolved around the Earth.......and very recently most people did not believe any other species of the genus Homo walked the Earth 10,000 years ago except us. Both popular opinions have been smashed........

Back on old BFF I posted of the trackway I saw moving from one side of a 5 acre expanse of sand in a sand pit near my house.  I was perhaps 9 at the time.  It had no reason or business being there but it looked like a big biped had strode acoss the sand.  The impressions dwarfed our own.  But there was nothing in the region in any way shape or form that could have been on two legs and made them.  As kids it scared the hell out of us and I ran home and got my older brother 1f 13 to come back and see them.  He grabbed his 22 magnum semi automatic that I am caretaker of these days.  Yeah it was a real head scratcher.  The marks remained for a few months.  So did bigfoot make an appearance there?  No there's no logical or illogical reason to put it there.  Did a human being do something perhaps on horseback and in full gallop left those marks? There were a number of riders in the area.  Here's the location and here's some prints on a beach.  Imagine the imprints in very loose soil, the consistency of dry beach sand and it'll give you an idea. What appears in the photo is much more concise being horse.   I can tell you though if a pro bogfooter had been there it would have been proclaimed bigfoot trackway.  But it was a singular event and nothing like ever reappeared.  There are many things that point folks in the wrong direction and the need to believe is one of them.

sand%20pit%20GGE_zpsddfc9qwn.jpg

sand%20prints_zpst9lns4dc.jpg

Edited by Crowlogic

i dont "need" to believe in anything............I saw a bipedal trackway in deep snow.

I'm sorry your track way was less compelling than mine. But please stop projecting your experiences onto me.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

i dont "need" to believe in anything............I saw a bipedal trackway in deep snow.

I'm sorry your track way was less compelling than mine. But please stop projecting your experiences onto me.

I've seen that video I didn't know it was you at the time.  It's a good one and it reminded me of my sand pit tracks which is why I made the post.  How you felt is exactly how I felt except and with a 9 year old's blind terror.  I saw something about animals traversing deep show a while back it even had specific animals and how they do it.  I noticed your video shows somewhat wet snow and sound crunchy as if having gone through freeze and thaw cycles.  Those tracks have a lot of melt back but only you know what the finer details were that the video shows.  But back to what i posted  yes you saw a trackline in deep snow, I saw a trackline in soft sand.  Two tracklines two conclusions.  But that's a fine video one of few decent ones.

I won't blame you if you stop and leave it at that.  But you have a great opportunity to research whether there are animals in the region that may have been on the move and navigating that snow.  The thing that got my looking at animals in deep snow was Legend Meets Science where a trackline in snow is shown.   On the old forum a poster had an alternate explanitation.  I'm pretty close to the end of my tenure here but I hope you figure it out.

Edited by Crowlogic

I don't think that was Norse in the video. I believe he posted that video as an example of what his trackway looked similar to, but I could be wrong (but I don't think so this time).

Yeah chele, I think crow is confused. I think Norse said this happened when he was young and I don't think they even had video cameras way back then. :D

Guest Crowlogic

I don't know what year Norse saw his trackline but when I saw mine the term bigfoot hadn't been coined.  There was nothing is the pop culture of the region to attribute it to something like bigfoot.  So we didn't, we just marveled at the strangeness and made up our own personal brand of monster that could have made it.  But if bigfoot had been in our minds there is no question we would have called it bigfoot.  And herein lies the difference between then and later times.  When and idea or definite image is put out into the public's mindscape a trigger like strange tracks can bring a definite construct into play.  The mind if it has something to grab on to in order to rationalize something that's out of ordinary it will.  Bigfoot is so ingrained for better or worse that it's impossible to extricate it from pop culture awareness.  You can take the boy out of bigfootville but you can't take bigfoot out of the boy any more.

I don't think that was Norse in the video. I believe he posted that video as an example of what his trackway looked similar to, but I could be wrong (but I don't think so this time).

Norse seemed very attached to the video I assumed it was his and it is his in some ways I suppose.

Because much of it defies the laws of physics? Just sayin...........

Ok, is that the line? Are you the arbiter? But if flying and portals are out does that mean that pancakes and horse hair braiding are good to go? I'm being a bit hyperbolic, but honestly man, any line which you draw is just your own arbitrary line of comfort.

This is yet another reason I'm a skeptic; this field breeds all sorts of "crazy" reports of behavior which get reported on some podcast and then start to invade the sasquatch zeitgeist. Then all of a sudden more reports of "infra sound" start rolling in and on we go....

I've seen that video I didn't know it was you at the time.  It's a good one and it reminded me of my sand pit tracks which is why I made the post.  How you felt is exactly how I felt except and with a 9 year old's blind terror.  I saw something about animals traversing deep show a while back it even had specific animals and how they do it.  I noticed your video shows somewhat wet snow and sound crunchy as if having gone through freeze and thaw cycles.  Those tracks have a lot of melt back but only you know what the finer details were that the video shows.  But back to what i posted  yes you saw a trackline in deep snow, I saw a trackline in soft sand.  Two tracklines two conclusions.  But that's a fine video one of few decent ones.

I won't blame you if you stop and leave it at that.  But you have a great opportunity to research whether there are animals in the region that may have been on the move and navigating that snow.  The thing that got my looking at animals in deep snow was Legend Meets Science where a trackline in snow is shown.   On the old forum a poster had an alternate explanitation.  I'm pretty close to the end of my tenure here but I hope you figure it out.

Dude, please don't bail.

Ok, is that the line? Are you the arbiter? But if flying and portals are out does that mean that pancakes and horse hair braiding are good to go? I'm being a bit hyperbolic, but honestly man, any line which you draw is just your own arbitrary line of comfort.

This is yet another reason I'm a skeptic; this field breeds all sorts of "crazy" reports of behavior which get reported on some podcast and then start to invade the sasquatch zeitgeist. Then all of a sudden more reports of "infra sound" start rolling in and on we go....

Well i certainly dont think supporting an unknown with more unknowns is constructive.

So i dont buy into the dogmatic approach of skeptics that insist that if you buy into one report that is plausible then you have to buy into all of them no matter how ridiculous.

Guest Crowlogic

Dude, please don't bail.

Bodhi not to worry.  But when the forum goes to pay for the privilege then I'll invest those  dead presidents elsewhere.