A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Bodhi not to worry.  But when the forum goes to pay for the privilege then I'll invest those  dead presidents elsewhere.   

I hope that becomes the general feeling for the scoftics here. This bigfoot 'discussion' forum should be for those who take the subject seriously, or seriously enough to discuss it without mocking, ridiculing or trying to tear it down, with aspersions of people being "unhinged", wearing "tinfoil hats" and needing to "grow up" blah blah blah..

Edited by Neanderfoot

The Minnesota track is most likely a Voyageurs National Park ranger looking for a radio collared moose or wolf. They spend their winters counting and molesting animals and their summers molesting eaglets and fishermen. Never could figure out why they can climb into an eagle nest and band and draw blood, but if you fish within a half mile of one it's a hefty fine.

Any way, VNP is mostly water. If you are on dry land you are probrably only a short walk in any direction to a lake and many people walk to them. I know this because I've lived here on the MN/Canadian border my entire life.

I hope that becomes the general feeling for the scoftics here. This bigfoot 'discussion' forum should be for those who take the subject seriously, or seriously enough to discuss it without mocking, ridiculing or trying to tear it down, with aspersions of people being "unhinged", wearing "tinfoil hats" and needing to "grow up" blah blah blah..

Your personal desire for a pure echo chamber of believers is noted.

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

Well it'll be the perfect storm.  It's kinda like holding an AA meeting in a brewery then.  But the dynamics of things change when folks pay to participate.  The woo flying bigfoots and the portal paranormal bigfoots proponents will have the right to say that their money is as good as anyone else's.  Also certain bylaws installed on free sites do not apply when the site become a pay only site.  If I were to stay on board it might be even harder to enforce the way the expression/delivery of those unpleasant realities that skeptics present which make them so vilified.  The forum will be reduced to an insular community and insular community with all of the infighting bigfootism is famous for.  You'll grow to miss the skeptics.

You dont appear to want a serious discussion... right on this forum there are some that continually make statements like " the science is clear ", " Patty is proven to be real ", further down the list are " bigfoot lives in my backyard " and " I can telepathically communicate with bigfoot ".

If proponents want to have an honest discussion then they need to realize that none of the above are true.

The science isn't clear. It's twisted to follow a narrative. It could be heading in the right direction but who really knows.... it's certainly not clear.

Patty is a big question mark but she's certainly not proven to be real just as she hasn't been proven to be a hoax.

If proponents want to be taken seriously they must be open to discussion from a realistic position. Just as skeptics can't be close minded to possiblities.

• Upvote 1

Well it'll be the perfect storm.  It's kinda like holding an AA meeting in a brewery then.  But the dynamics of things change when folks pay to participate.

What dynamics do you anticipate changing by having a paid membership?

The woo flying bigfoots and the portal paranormal bigfoots proponents will have the right to say that their money is as good as anyone else's.

They have the same rights today without paying....(they are bound by the same rules everyone else is).

Also certain bylaws installed on free sites do not apply when the site become a pay only site.

Such as?

If I were to stay on board it might be even harder to enforce the way the expression/delivery of those unpleasant realities that skeptics present which make them so vilified.  

How so?

The forum will be reduced to an insular community and insular community with all of the infighting bigfootism is famous for. 

We already have that going on.

You dont appear to want a serious discussion... right on this forum there are some that continually make statements like " the science is clear ", " Patty is proven to be real ", further down the list are " bigfoot lives in my backyard " and " I can telepathically communicate with bigfoot ".

And how are those statements met?  Are they all welcomed open armed by the membership? 

If proponents want to have an honest discussion then they need to realize that none of the above are true.

Oof....I'm not certain how to respond to that.  Too broad a brushstroke, but I see what you're trying to get at.

The science isn't clear. It's twisted to follow a narrative. It could be heading in the right direction but who really knows.... it's certainly not clear.

Agreed. 

Patty is a big question mark but she's certainly not proven to be real just as she hasn't been proven to be a hoax.

Agreed.

If proponents want to be taken seriously they must be open to discussion from a realistic position. Just as skeptics can't be close minded to possiblities.

I think your last statement is the product of the vocal minority.

Edited by Cotter

No wrong........ we want to have a serious discussion but we get drowned out by "got monkey" mantras.......

If a skeptic wants to debate the finer points of the evidence? Fine!

But we all are well aware that this creature is still not proven to science.

Try to have some respect here that some people have came here trying to find answers to experiences that are seared into their brains. We dont need Capt. Obvious shouting in our ears every five seconds that we dont have any proof to back up these experiences...........

Again I am going to point out that a body on a slab is going to do nothing for skeptics. This is why the PGF is the best proof of a BF and also that Patty is real. How do we know this? Simple: her joints are in the wrong places for her to be a dude in a suit.

For those that ask 'got monkey?' the problem is that even if there is a body on a slab you will never ever see it for yourself and so will have to rely on someone else's judgment and experience. In essence you are no better off than you are now. How the PGF releases you from that problem is you can take the time to see that in fact what I said in my first paragraph is true. The only problem there is you have to actually sit down and cause your hand to move to do the analysis, assuming that you don't trust the very good work of others that have gone before you. The PGF is online so this is easy to do. A body on a slab will never be online (who knows? by now there may have been several bodies on slabs that we will never hear about or maybe we already have but no-one believes it) and you will never get to see it. Its really that simple.

Yes but if the smithsonian releases a paper describing a new species and that paper and the evidence is peer reviewed?

Game over.

The skeptic then becomes the flat earther and the proponent comes in out of the cold.

What Norseman said.

You simply CANNOT 'discuss' the subject of bigfoot with scoftics who talk of  "unhinged", "tinfoil hat" wearing people who need to "grow up". These terems have been used in this very thread.

I like talking with skeptics. I'm a skeptic myself on many, probably most, things to do with bigfoot.

It's the mockery and descent of the 'dismissers' that I would personally be happy about if they did not pay a membership fee if it comes and we 'lose' them. These folks are trolls, plain and simple. Out to get a rise out of proponents. And nothing more. They aren't interesting in 'discussion'. They are interested in saying "no!" and nothing else. 

Your personal desire for a pure echo chamber of believers is noted.

You are one of the above I was referring to after your "unhinged" insult seeped out.

I have your number me ol' sandwich.

Well it'll be the perfect storm.  It's kinda like holding an AA meeting in a brewery then.  

So 'footers' have a problem then? They are afflicted and need help?

Thanks Crow.

As usual, you keep on and on putting your massive foot in it. The ironic thing is, you don't even know it.

I rest my case folks.

Edited by Neanderfoot

Guest Crowlogic

Again I am going to point out that a body on a slab is going to do nothing for skeptics. This is why the PGF is the best proof of a BF and also that Patty is real. How do we know this? Simple: her joints are in the wrong places for her to be a dude in a suit.

For those that ask 'got monkey?' the problem is that even if there is a body on a slab you will never ever see it for yourself and so will have to rely on someone else's judgment and experience. In essence you are no better off than you are now. How the PGF releases you from that problem is you can take the time to see that in fact what I said in my first paragraph is true. The only problem there is you have to actually sit down and cause your hand to move to do the analysis, assuming that you don't trust the very good work of others that have gone before you. The PGF is online so this is easy to do. A body on a slab will never be online (who knows? by now there may have been several bodies on slabs that we will never hear about or maybe we already have but no-one believes it) and you will never get to see it. Its really that simple.

It would do it for me.

What Norseman said.

You simply CANNOT 'discuss' the subject of bigfoot with scoftics who talk of  "unhinged", "tinfoil hat" wearing people who need to "grow up". These terems have been used in this very thread.

I like talking with skeptics. I'm a skeptic myself on many, probably most, things to do with bigfoot.

It's the mockery and descent of the 'dismissers' that I would personally be happy about if they did not pay a membership fee if it comes and we 'lose' them. These folks are trolls, plain and simple. Out to get a rise out of proponents. And nothing more. They aren't interesting in 'discussion'. They are interested in saying "no!" and nothing else. 

You are one of the above I was referring to after your "unhinged" insult seeped out.

I have your number me ol' sandwich.

So 'footers' have a problem then? They are afflicted and need help?

Thanks Crow.

As usual, you keep on and on putting your massive foot in it. The ironic thing is, you don't even know it.

I rest my case folks.

As you wish. I stand by my comments regarding you as well.

Guest Crowlogic

Rather than quote a bunch of posts I can explain the difficulty for a non believer/skeptic or most scientists to discuss bigfoot.  Much of the breaking down of the discussion and much of the failure to even have the discussion is predicated on the giant mountain of shenanigans  that the issue is perpetually teetering on.  For instance when I go to the recycling or local refuse dump I don't expect to find a perfect Rolex watch sitting there looking for a new home.  It is reasonable to forgive and ignore the occasional gaff in information and presentation and have a laugh then put the serious glasses on and forge into the solid core.  My minister usually tells a joke before getting into the serious or somber subject at hand (I hope this isn't a religious leaning statement).   However when the history of an issue is steeped in those elements bigfoot is steeped in why should anyone demand an onlooker to take it seriously?  The situation is compounded further by the core itself being tainted in questions and inconsistencies.  Sure I'd shovel a ton of refuse to get to a brand new Rolex proven to be under the pile but I wouldn't do it for a Chinese knock off and I wouldn't demand or expect anyone else to either. 

Edited by Crowlogic