crabshack

Missing 411 The Movie

crabshack
Film project on kickstarter.com   About this project
328c42f8a675725d667e94b4aa44aa81_origina

A National Park Ranger told writer David Paulides a troubling story. Over his years of involvement with numerous search and rescue operations at several different National Parks, he had detected a trend that he couldn’t understand.

The Ranger explained that during the first 7 - 10 days of a disappearance he would witness massive Search and Rescue activity and significant press coverage. Following this initial week -long effort there was almost always an immediate halt to the coverage, a discontinued search for the victims and no explanation from the search authorities...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1032329905/missing-411-the-movie

• Upvote 1

Titanpat57

I have about a 50 min. ride to work everyday, and lately I've been listening to Mr. Paulides on Youtube....that some class A creepy azz stuff right there....it's like a horror movie you can't stop yourself from watching.

There is only one set of woods that I've been in PA. that gave me the willys so bad, I wouldn't walk into without a gun or someone else...and now I know why...

Highly recommend watching, listening or reading....but not at night all by yourself

Edited by Titanpat57

Bonehead74

Thanks, Crabshack. Has the potential to be a powerful film. The trailer looks great.

UPs

Bonehead took the words it of my much as this will be a very powerful movie if it is down properly and everything is fact checked. I read the first 3 books and did find at least one geographical error that was obvious to me. Does the amount they are seeking seem a bit low to anyone else? This film could be done on a shoestring budget, but it seems to me this may be a film that could really take off if it is produced and marketed correctly. I also can see the government being very unhappy with this film and I imagine they will throw up as many obstacles as they can to try and derail it. UPs

TedSallis

The trailer looks very powerful and moving.  I hope this gets made.

Jumpin Johnathon

I'm tempted to toss some in the Kickstarter

MagniAesir

Les Stroud is pimping this kickstarter campaign on his Facebook page

I wonder how involved he may or may not be

TD-40

They will hit their goal. I'll take a look at my finances this week and see what I can come up with.

bfriendly

Thanks for sharing Crabshack.......Disturbing to say the least. I have spent some time listening and reading the missing 411 info as well..........I would not go into the woods without my gun. No chance

TedSallis

I hope the film gets wide distribution.  With a budget that low, it's a bit doubtful, though.

The trailer was quite moving, though.  Maybe it will garner a place at Cannes or some other film festival and gain word of mouth from that.  I hope so.

Curious Cat

They have a stretch goal to $150,000 graphic further down the web page, indicating they will be able to hire more professional staff if met.

5dba528610c3d43c58f422bb14426ea5_origina

Curious Cat

They have hit $153K with 9 hours left to go, should make for a good start on the upgrades for the movie!