crabshack

Missing 411 The Movie

TedSallis

At one time it was mentioned it might air on a cable network such as SyFy.  I wonder if that is still in the mix?  Either way, very compelling trailer; while the books are fascinating, seeing and hearing the folks personally involved really adds another level to the story.  It makes it so very, very real and I think the human quality is what is needed to push for more information and continued investigation.

Arrowhead

Received my DVD yesterday and watched it last night  (no special deal, I was on the site a couple of weeks ago to order another book and noticed the DVD was available to purchase and was being shipped this week).  I'm not the best critic, but I can give you my opinion.  I thought it was very good although of course anyone can find fault with anything.  

The photography was excellent and I think the movie was very well done.  Much like the books, it's very fact based with first person interviews and news reports.  It brings you the actual site of some of the incidents and walks you though the time line. And spoiler alert - no there is no revelation to who or what is the cause of these missing people.

I kind of wish there was more emphasis on the volume of cases as represented in the books.  There was a lot time spent on the Kunz boy, that was kind of a story line through the movie with smaller segments of other cases in between. It can be a bit slow at times and there are a lot dramatic pauses.  Defiantly not a Hollywood production made for ticket sales - but I think the rawness of the interviews add a level of authenticity.  Not sure if it's a good pick for family movie night though.  There are some slightly disturbing screens showing the remains of one of the boys, i know my wife would probably loose it have way through.  Just the thought of young children going missing like that and how the movie brings heart wrenching storys to life could be a lot to take for some.

Overall it was well worth the purchase price and i'll be watching it again.  

OKBFFan

Thanks for the review. My copy is on the way