TD-40

Video From North Carolina

NCBFr

Here is a link with some more info:

I was 40/60 against when I first saw it.  I think I am now 60/40 for it being real.  

Sasfooty

It moves right for a BF and acts like one. It walks much too fast to be a man in a suit & slings his arms the way a BF does.

The dog didn't scare him away, it focused attention on him, & they don't like that, so he left. Somebody said he isn't big enough, but they come in all sizes. A big one would have been unlikely to get himself caught in that situation, but young ones are not so cautious.

I think it's likely to be real.

OntarioSquatch

It looks like it has the body frame of a regular person. It also has a straight posture like you would see with a regular person. Sasquatch are supposedly bulkier, more fluid and at the same time walk with a more compliant gait.

Another issue is that the person taking the video turns around to film the dog instead of the Bigfoot. What's up with that?

• Upvote 2

Wheellug

Leaning towards.. no at this point. 

As it was mentioned above, posture like a person.  The head appears to be above the shoulders vs forward - which makes me think of costume.

I don't see it moving faster than a person what so ever, but we all have our opinions. 

The dog?  well.. ol' sparky goes forward and then left, not appearing to look at or really barking at the subject. 

And the dude?  if he was really worried about ol' Sparky, why wasn't he really calling for the dog instead of a hushed tone? 

Perhaps I will take a moment and review the link also provided above that swayed one persons opinion a bit more. 

Information could be useful, either way. 

.. sorry.. 'Zippy' not Sparky.. 

Watched the link and it didn't really add anything additional.  

I've known dogs to take after something.. not veer away as the dog in the video.  Little dogs can have a big heart, but this was  appeared to be interested in something else. 
Still on the 'No, don't think so' side. 

Edited by Wheellug

Patterson-Gimlin

Here is a link with some more info:

I was 40/60 against when I first saw it.  I think I am now 60/40 for it being real.  

I appreciate the link. He sounds innocent of the hoax. Still looks fake, but what do I know. I am no expert.

possessed

I'd like to see someone with the knowledge and right equipment break down and analyze this.

NCBFr

If you believe the video guy, he thought it was a bear as he was told they were in the area and his immediate concern was for the safety of his little dog that broke away from his grip on their walk.   He had no idea that the bear was really a bigfoot and that he had a chance for the video of the decade.  The dogs behavior was normal in my mind as at 20 pounds it is not going to take on a 600-800 pound anything head on.  My German shepherd does exactly the same thing when she does not know what it is barking at.  As to the actual bigfoot, the quality is so bad nothing will ever be conclusive.  I know the area and most people have some form of a firearm on them at arms length and hunting is still a big part of their way of life,  If it is a hoaxer, he/she is a brave one.

roguefooter

He runs like a chronic smoker who ran out of steam after about 20 feet. Look how slow he's going.

Edited by roguefooter

VAfooter

The dogs behavior was normal in my mind as at 20 pounds it is not going to take on a 600-800 pound anything head on.

Yorkies are typically under 10 pounds. LOL

We have a YorkiePom, 14 pounds, who thinks he is a German Shepard/Doberman/Wolf mix and defender of the universe (the universe consisting of our house and yard...). He would have taken off after the "thing" as well, not sure if he would have turned or not...

NCBFr

Thanks for the correction.  I am a medium to large dog type of guy.  I have a 12 pound cat so I figured it would weigh more than my mainecoon.

David NC

If you were filming an unknown to you wild animal at least as large as you if not a little bigger and it was less than 50 yards from you, would you turn your back on it to film your Yorkie?

Edited by David NC

OKBFFan

Thanks for the correction.  I am a medium to large dog type of guy.  I have a 12 pound cat so I figured it would weigh more than my mainecoon.

I have a 22 lb cat. Normal cats look teeny to me

chelefoot

That's a big kitty! Have you posted a pic of it in the pet pics thread in the Pit? (we have a pet pic thread, don't we?lol)