Rockape

Bigfoot, Ghillie, Or Hoax? 2015

OldMort

The subject certainly appears to have plenty of size and bulk, yet is able to move with considerable speed and natural fluidity.

Crowlogic

Oh it's ye ol battery died story yet again..  Well suitably shaky so even if it ran for half an hour it'd be inconclusive.  

Shelly

Inconclusive, sadly.  It's not a misidentification of anything.  So, it has to be either a sasquatch or a guy in a costume.  I don't think its a ghillie suit, for what its worth.  It seems to be hair. You can sort of see a hairy halo around it in the light. Of course that can be fake fur too.  Compared to other more accepted sasquatch footage, it doesn't move that fast.  And, to my eye, the head seems really big and tall like a costume mask. 

I would say too if you were going  out with a camera to look for something you would want to check the batteries. And, if sasquatch was 50 feet away, how hard is it to train the camera on it and not bob and weave around?

Edited by Shelly

gigantor

I like it. I wish they'd go back to the same spot and film a regular man for comparison. As it is, it looks big.

• Upvote 1

Teegunn

Yet another blurry, shaky partial video.  The subject is mostly behind branches and leaves.  Not nearly enough detail to make out if it is a dude in a suit or not.  Inconclusive at best, most likely not the real deal. 

VAfooter

I like it too...a lot. That said, it will probably be exposed as a hoax tomorrow...LOL

Looks very large and bulky, the arms look like they extend down to close to the knees, moves fairly fast through the forest (trail?). Either a pretty darn good hoax or the real thing. Fairly certain it is not a ghillie or mis-identification.

The battery dying at the critical point is a huge red flag though. Very suspicious if you ask me.

Waiting for the stabilized version to appear.

OkieFoot

The figure does look bulky, it's too bad you can't get a real good look at it.

If it was a hoax, they were trespassing on his ranch. I wonder if the rancher has had problems with trespassers in the past.

Patterson-Gimlin

Thank you for sharing. Looks like the dead battery ,blurry  costume routine.

Trogluddite

.....I would say too if you were going  out with a camera to look for something you would want to check the batteries. And, if sasquatch was 50 feet away, how hard is it to train the camera on it and not bob and weave around?

If you were going out on your own property to check on missing, possibly pillaged, livestock (which is I believe what the lead-in script read), I'm fairly certain most farmers/rural folks wouldn't be worry about the batteries in a camera, but instead whether they should be carrying a shotgun w/buckshot, a .45, or a 30.06.

Interestingly, I went back to re-watch the lead in and the video had already stopped, with the YouTube montage of related films replacing it.  I saw the film I thought I wanted and clicked - instead, it appears to be the same "Legends Beware" program, with the same eerie music, and the same rolling script, only this time its hikers who saw something.  There is a close-up of the "creature" that the hikers saw which matches some of the observations above. 

WV FOOTER

The subject appears to be Huge, It also exhibits the swaying back and forth, which has been attributed to Bigfoot. As well as rising from a crouching position without the use of Hands. I also noticed that it was using the leaves as cover, when peeking at the cameraman. Once the subject made a visual, it retreated quietly and swiftly. It isnt very clear, but I can not see a Human with a Bulky costume on, moving so smooth. A comparison with a human would help to see how big the subject is. Curious to see more details regarding this video. 

Airdale

I agree with the desire for a recreation with a human of known size. The subject does seem to be bulky but the motion is fluid and the apparent reddish/brown color matches with common descriptions. Hard to say with the battery issue. I'm a fairly experienced amateur photographer, keep extra batteries handy all the time and yet have had them fail unexpectedly requiring a quick change, usually 30 to 45 seconds depending on how coordinated I am at the time. Most common rechargeable batteries run pretty much full tilt to the end then die suddenly which often surprises folks not familiar with their operational curve.

An on-site study is the only way to get a firm grasp of the speed, measuring the distance covered against the time in the video. If nothing more comes of it, I would suspect hoaxing by someone. 

BC witness

Inconclusive video, and no mention of follow-up. Did the filmer go to the spot the creature is first seen and look for tracks, hair,scat? Did he try to determine what it was doing there? Did he follow the trail the subject took to leave the area? If none of this was done, then huge red flags of fakeness to me! He was, after all, out there to see what was taking his cattle, he surely would try to solve the riddle of what he filmed with further actions.

Celtic Raider

Inconclusive video, and no mention of follow-up. Did the filmer go to the spot the creature is first seen and look for tracks, hair,scat? Did he try to determine what it was doing there? Did he follow the trail the subject took to leave the area? If none of this was done, then huge red flags of fakeness to me! He was, after all, out there to see what was taking his cattle, he surely would try to solve the riddle of what he filmed with further actions.

Agree completely! Looks good but the 'dead battery' is a red flag for me too. It would be quite easy to film a friend at that location to compare size and shape and really no reason not to unless that would be a giveaway........