Rockape

Bigfoot, Ghillie, Or Hoax? 2015

Titanpat57

The subject appears to be Huge, It also exhibits the swaying back and forth, which has been attributed to Bigfoot. As well as rising from a crouching position without the use of Hands. I also noticed that it was using the leaves as cover, when peeking at the cameraman. Once the subject made a visual, it retreated quietly and swiftly. It isnt very clear, but I can not see a Human with a Bulky costume on, moving so smooth. A comparison with a human would help to see how big the subject is. Curious to see more details regarding this video.

This...

When it "rose up" my initial thoughts are "it's huge"

chelefoot

These are the guys who posted the Guy chasing the Bigfoot into the woods.  Their site is all about click bait, but they say as much. They do not believe BF exists but are happy to post videos. (Not sure why, if I got a good video, I would submit it to them). They were involved with a recent BF movie "Curse of Blood Mountain".  When asked questions regarding the origins of their video, they say, "Sorry, we signed a NDA - Shocker, right?"

Regarding their involvement with the movie:

We knew that we would lose credibility with some of the Bigfoot community by our affiliation with a Bigfoot movie. I guess now, we'll need to be the ones who catch a Sasquatch! Great video SnowWalkerPrime and valid point. We are called Legends Beware, however, because in our opinion it's all a hoax. You're not going to hurt OUR feelings.

• Upvote 1

OkieFoot

I was going to mention in my post that it seemed possible that whoever received the video decided to add the sound effect. I just wonder why someone would add such an obviously fake effect into a video that they are attempting to present as real. Why do something to damage the credibility of the video when putting bigfoot footage out there is an uphill battle in the first place?

I know just what you mean. When you start adding in fake sounds, it makes the whole video look more like a school project or a "production" than it does a real spur of the moment video of a possible real creature.

They need to just show the video as is.

Edited by OkieFoot
  • Upvote 1

OkieFoot

The subject appears to be Huge, It also exhibits the swaying back and forth, which has been attributed to Bigfoot. As well as rising from a crouching position without the use of Hands. I also noticed that it was using the leaves as cover, when peeking at the cameraman. Once the subject made a visual, it retreated quietly and swiftly. It isnt very clear, but I can not see a Human with a Bulky costume on, moving so smooth. A comparison with a human would help to see how big the subject is. Curious to see more details regarding this video. 

If it was a hoaxer, it has to be one of two things;

1.) If it's a more normal size person in a costume, they would need a heavily padded suit to make the person appear so bulky. I would wonder just how much padding would be needed.

I tend to agree with you, I'm not sure a human in such a heavily padded suit would be to walk as quickly and smoothly as the figure did, and in thick woods no less.

2.) If it was a thinner, skin tight type suit with only fake fur on a cloth lining, the type that doesn't really add much bulk, then the person himself had to be that big and bulky on his own.

I can't say for certain but I'm not sure a human with the size and bulk of what is seen in the figure in the video would be able to walk as fluidly as the figure does, and in thick woods.

Height is the one thing that can't be faked so it would sure be good to be able to make a comparison with a person in the spot. I think we can safely rule out a hoaxer wearing shoes with 4-5 inch soles or a suit with feet that had real thick soles to make the wearer look taller. ;)

It would also be great if we could hear what the person that made the video has to say about what they saw and noticed with their own eyes.

SWWASAS

I immediately assumed the sound was added for dramatic effect by the distributor of the video. Most video cameras do not have good enough microphones to pick up much sound from very far away. Real or not it is not good enough to determine authenticity with any degree of likelihood. Just put it in the big group of maybes.

WV FOOTER

Regarding the sound, My first thought was, all of the sound was added. I have always been leery of videos with added sound. If it was a real Bigfoot, the video should speak for itself.  A size comparison is needed.

Teegunn

I still don't see how anyone can make anything conclusive out of this.  It could easily be a hoax IMO, and there are many red flags for hoax.  A click-bait site that readily says it thinks all BF videos are hoaxed.  Blurry, shaky video that doesn't show nearly enough detail.  And the creature is mostly hidden by branches or tree's the entire time.  The cheesy eerie music.  My personal opinion is not enough video evidence of anything even close to conclusive, and coupled with several red flags I personally can't take it very seriously.

roguefooter

These are the guys who posted the Guy chasing the Bigfoot into the woods.  Their site is all about click bait, but they say as much. They do not believe BF exists but are happy to post videos. (Not sure why, if I got a good video, I would submit it to them). They were involved with a recent BF movie "Curse of Blood Mountain".  When asked questions regarding the origins of their video, they say, "Sorry, we signed a NDA - Shocker, right?"

Regarding their involvement with the movie:

We knew that we would lose credibility with some of the Bigfoot community by our affiliation with a Bigfoot movie. I guess now, we'll need to be the ones who catch a Sasquatch! Great video SnowWalkerPrime and valid point. We are called Legends Beware, however, because in our opinion it's all a hoax. You're not going to hurt OUR feelings.

They have a really nice looking Bigfoot suit. I wouldn't doubt that they made the video clip themselves.

• Upvote 1

FootDude

Up until the abrupt stoppage, one of the more believable hoaxed videos I've seen.

SWWASAS

Somehow I think if I ever get something close to the P/G film that will be the most common comment.    "One of the more believable hoaxed videos I've seen".     Not sure I could deal with that.   

OKBFFan

Do gillie suits have tight fitting arms? If no, I don't see how this is a gillie suit, as I don't see anything dangling..

TD-40

Like others, the perfect timing of the battery issue is a problem for me. I am also not comfortable with the way it briefly took a step backward and looked down before it started moving forward. It seemed to look like this was done with more control in the neck, but I don't know if bigfoot have necks that would allow it to move like that. For some reason that looks unnatural. And how does anyone get that close while walking over sticks and crunchy leaves without the boogeyman noticing?

Gotta Know

I like it.

I found the hand silhouette/profile to be particularly interesting. Would love to see a Thinker/Thunker analysis on this to see if body proportions are in the right range.

As a fan of Scott Carpenter's work, what makes me question even this blurred footage is just that: this guy got CLOSE and the BF in question got caught with his proverbial pants down. If BF are as stealthy as they seem to be for Scott (back cameras are his stock in trade), it surprises me these things are ever seen.

Still, I like it.

SWWASAS

I like it.

As a fan of Scott Carpenter's work, what makes me question even this blurred footage is just that: this guy got CLOSE and the BF in question got caught with his proverbial pants down. If BF are as stealthy as they seem to be for Scott (back cameras are his stock in trade), it surprises me these things are ever seen.

Still, I like it.

If they make mistakes and can be seen, they can be photographed if a camera is ready.        Cell phone cameras take too long to get into the camera mode for most encounters.     The BF is out of sight before the witness recovers from the shock of seeing and recognizing what they are witnessing, then thinks to get the cell phone into camera mode.   Most never get to the third step.     Most stand alone cameras are too slow unless the BF is unaware the human is there.   So basically to see or photograph a BF you have to catch one that does not know you are there, because when it detects a human it immediately goes into hiding mode.    

adam2323

It does look big.... I do like the fluid movements.... Yes sound is dubbed in why? I am ok with the shakiness .... I don't like the fact that the battery died that's a red flag to me. However after watching it several times I still like the movement. A size comparison would do wonders to prove or disprove . If it is indeed a hoax it's a good one...... On a side note BF's can't zap batteries. Imo