Area X Presentation/ Bob Strain

norseman

I am a scientist who needs  concrete proof. I have seen very little since 1967. This is 2015. Where is the specimen ?

Watch Finding Bigfoot and you will have your answer. Very very few groups/people are attempting to collect a specimen.

Discoveries in the world just spontaneously HAPPEN.............. they just fall from the sky like manna!!!!

The flyovers were beautiful, thanks for posting this.

Discoveries literally could be falling out of the sky like manna. With the team documenting over 1000 rock throws (37:11) has any thought been given to utilizing the rocks for touch DNA? Any chance of changing the rock throw documentation protocol to limit DNA contamination for possible future testing? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_DNA

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/21/dna-from-rock-cigarette-helps-solve-15-murder/

I think your Wiki article says it all Bill its a pretty unreliable discipline and not used by the prosecution. But I suppose it is better than nothing....

Except for the times it is used by the prosecution like the fox news story I linked. I'm starting to believe that DNA analysis is much like computers in that it is making great strides almost exponentially. Certainly worth considering properly handling the rocks and storing them properly in hopes of being able to test them when possible. 

Thanks for posting this, Norse. Just sped through it (at work ;), but found it to be a very credible report of their encounter (seeing the larger and somewhat smaller BF busting up the hill at "awesome" speeds, completely silent at that--remarkable).

Anecdotal? Sure. By the letter of the law. To me, a very telling bit of reported evidence (testimony, for those splitting hairs) that helps to further provide insights into these creatures' behaviors. Their motivations for said behaviors are less clear, no doubt.

I look forward to watching this at length.

Guest OntarioSquatch

They still have blood samples from the 2011 shooting. They didn't get anything out of it the first time, so they're now waiting for technology to catch up. I don't think the thrown rocks would be any easier to get DNA from.

Anecdotal? Sure. By the letter of the law. To me, a very telling bit of reported evidence (testimony, for those splitting hairs) that helps to further provide insights into these creatures' behaviors. Their motivations for said behaviors are less clear, no doubt.

I had the chairman of my experimental psychology department tell me, when I was an undergrad, that all evidence came though men's perceptions, and in a very clear sense was both subjective and anecdotal. That observation has stuck with me for over 4 decades. Call it the myth of objectivity. Ponder it, don't dismiss it out of hand.

• Upvote 2

I am a scientist who needs  concrete proof. I have seen very little since 1967. This is 2015. Where is the specimen ?

Watch Finding Bigfoot and you will have your answer. Very very few groups/people are attempting to collect a specimen.

Thank you. I do watch it. I am sorry if I offended you and  wrecked your thread. I really do appreciate your efforts and for sharing the link.

Hello Airdale,

Folks, we may be missing the forest for the trees here when a possible answer to one of the great and frequently disputed mysteries in all of Bigfootery is right in front of us! I direct your attention to the following excerpt from the WWF report that's been bandied about in this thread:

Biological Distinctiveness 
This ecoregion contains distinctive freshwater communities. The Ouachita and Boston Mountains also were minor Pleistocene refugia. The ecoregion is also home to an endemic earthworm, Diplocardia meansi. Restricted to the drier soils of Rich Mountain, this worm is the second largest known earthworm in the United States and is bioluminescent. When tweaked or shocked the worm secretes a fluid that glows in the dark (Robson and Allen 1995).

The peak of Rich Mountain is just over five miles east of the Arkansas-Oklahoma line, and I've yet to read anything even suggesting that Wood Apes care a whit about human political boundaries. And what's five miles to one of our hirsute forest friends anyhow, a little warm up before keeping Kathy, Bob, Brian and friends from a good nights sleep with a nocturnal rock concert? So where am I going with this, you may ask?

This may explain the oft reported phenomenon of eye glow! Is it possible that the Ouachita Wood Apes (what a great team name that would be) are engaged in Bigfoot barter? They could be making Diplocardia meansi gathering trips on a regular basis, returning to Area X and thence distributing them to their cone domed cohorts continent wide. That may also explain their year round domicile in the valley; it may actually serve as the national hub for UBX  (United wood-Booger eXpress, of course). This opens up a veritable plethora of new avenues of research for dedicated Squatchologists everywhere. Just for starters, perusing data bases to determine if there are any patterns to reported eye glow that may suggest possible Skunk Ape Silk Road Analogues. And how do the creatures actually utilize the biggish wigglers for illumination; is it a dietary adaptation, do they drape them over those Brobdingnagian brows and do a face palm, or could it be as simple as tilting the head back, holding the eyelid open and tweaking, a kind of Momo Murine?

Far be it from me to hog all the vast possibilities now before us. Have at it my friends, hopefully the servers can handle the traffic increase! You're welcome. 

Thank you, I really enjoyed this on a couple of levels. The first is that it shows a very high level of connecting research genres. The second is that you presented the idea in a very good thread and place in time. The third is that It really should be a thread in and of itself as it touched on a bunch of areas to research for ourselves into database and pattern.  

I myself would like to discuss the actual dynamic of rock throwing and how the dynamic itself could be harnessed to solve a large part of the phenomenon which I recently brought up to NAWAC just last week. But probably not for here.........maybe.

Thank's for the thread Norseman. It's a danged good one!

• 7 months later...

The original Area X (Branson) is moot, Area X 1.0 (Holland) is also moot, so, will Area X 2.0 (~Lynne mountain) render the same alleged activity level?