Sounds Of The Night

Lake County Bigfooot

Well my recording is now done for the season, it is generally done when the leaves are down and the area is pretty frozen. I think that at this time of year they have made their way to safer spots to spend the winter months. Places where humans are highly unlikely to intrude upon them. Perhaps venturing out to hunt occasionally, or if need be relocate due to human activity.

I know of several snow print finds, one recently in Beach Park, and another in Bedford Park. Both demonstrate that they are still occasionally moving about in the winter months with cold and snow in place. That activity does not seem to include my marsh though, and for good reason as it becomes pretty visible in the winter, This years activity was primarily in July with a good stretch of wood knocks daily, then another brief stretch in September, then basically nothing. So once again they have proven to me the seasonality of my location.

We keep our audio recorders and cams out all year long. Bigfoot down south doesn't migrate so we put them out all year. Only time we don't is right now. Starting in Nov through middle of Dec, there is deer hunting allowed in certain areas in our closest place. So we just stay out of this place until the first of Jan. But we have other places to visit and research during this small downtime of our closest spot which is only about 12 miles from my house.

Given the late fall and warmth we have had, I might give it one more try, because I have had some activity shortly before the first snowfall. I cannot say they are absent completely in the winter from my marsh, only that all my investigations proved fruitless, including checking areas for snow tracks. I will be attempting to record elsewhere perhaps, areas near my work place on my route interest me, and I have a few spots with sightings near them to try.