Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

SSR Team

Bigfoot doesn't exist.  It's great fun for some it's even a living for others but it doesn't exist.

It did up until recently right though crow ?

In your world I mean ?

Crowlogic,  the unicorn, dragon, fairy thing is very old.   Show me a report of a Law enforcement officer that has publicly reported a dragon, a unicorn, and or a fairy.  A serious report not some lame joke report. I can show links to several Sasquatch reports from Law enforcement individuals only. 

You know in China a lot of the people believe in dragons- it's a big part of their culture. This is a news report of what people believed was a flying dragon-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCtp8vsC_cw

Another video of the dragon over Xian-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmaJz2S6sD8

More footage of real dragons from China-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3tFCO1mlSs

Another clip that made the news of a dragon-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHEdBoVYgu8

Edited by roguefooter

^Continued-

A few reports of dragons in China from the past two thousand years to recently, involving the government and police-

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1516883-the-mystery-of-the-dragon/3/

Those are just scratching the surface. Dragons are very real in China today and always have been throughout history.

Edited by roguefooter

So 48000 Sightings is only 1/16, that means there are 768000 reports plus the ones that go unreported. Upwards of a million sightings and still not one scrap of physical evidence. Why is that?

There's actually a lot of physical evidence. It's just not the kind we want- biological.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Excellent thread, Bonehead. I just hope it can remain civil so that both sides can make their cases, although I'm afraid that there will be no conclusive cases made as things stand at the moment.

I personally believe it's possible for the creature to exist. My own mother claims to have seen one, and she's one of the most honest and reliable people I know. I, myself, have had some very strange circumstances to occur that I can't explain - Cries and growls I'm unable to explain, an incident where I experienced a strange fluttering (for lack of a better term) in my right ear during a dark night - both in Davidson Co., NC. There's also been a strange footprint find in Johnston Co., NC in the crawl space of a home under construction (I also had a sighting at this location, although I've not shared it publicly for some very personal reasons). All of these things lead me to believe that the creature does indeed exist. Note my use of the word "believe."

Then there are the reports, which have always fascinated me, especially when you consider that they are not only numerous, but are put forth by people that don't have anything to gain by speaking out about what they saw. In fact, many have a lot to lose - Careers, as an example. While I admit that there are more than likely some bozos that are attention seekers that are willing to make up some of these reports, there has to be a number of the reports that are accurate based on statistics alone. I feel that all of them can't be true, but all of them can't be false, either.

This leads me to make the following commentary based on logic - or my perception of logic - in spite of my experiences and my opinion stated above: I can present little evidence to justify my belief(s) from either side of the spectrum.

Yes, I have footprint images, but I wasn't present when the print was made. Just because I found it doesn't mean that a Bigfoot made it.

I've heard the sounds and experienced a strange event, but I didn't see what caused them.

My mother witnessed something. Although I believe her, she's not Marlon Perkins, so she could have misidentified a known creature, although I feel it's unlikely. She's not stupid, but I have to remain open to the fact that she could have been mistaken.

Like I said - I believe the creature could exist. However, evidence from myself or someone else that shares the interest is severely lacking.

If/when evidence becomes available to emphatically prove its existence, nobody will be happier than I'll be. Yet I cannot jump on the "Bigfoot lives" bandwagon unless and until proof is provided. I already believe that it could based on reports and what I consider to be circumstantial evidence.

Nobody wants the creature to be real more than I do. Many here probably don't believe this, but it's true. But I require evidence, as I feel that any rational individual should.

Unfortunately, there are many that take a request for evidence (proof?) as an attack on their character. However, it's my belief that if you make claims, and dogmatically defend them without evidence,you've already assaulted your own character. Although it's fine to believe something, as I myself do, you have to base reality on facts, not a passionate belief.

Prove it to me, yourself, and the world. I can't seem to find the time or resources to do it, so I'm rooting for those of you that can. Photos, video, DNA evidence, or a slab monkey would all be helpful on differing levels.

Obviously, the slab monkey would shed all doubts, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Existence has not been proven by science but there is enough evidence to warrant more serious investigation than seems to have been done.   There are masters and doctoral theses just waiting to be written on THE PROCESS if not the results.   I really wish I were 20 again ...

MIB 

There's actually a lot of physical evidence. It's just not the kind we want- biological.

MIB is spot on. For those who have not had a visual encounter, it is entirely possible (and acceptable) for two rational people to evaluate the same evidence and come away with two different conclusions on existence - it does/does not exist.  But, a reasonable investigator with the information available at this time is warranted in conducting further investigation into the issue. 

Where I would disagree is that it is possible for "two rational people to evaluate the same evidence and come away with two different conclusions on existence - it does/does not exist."

I have never encountered anyone who has properly evaluated the evidence and come down on "does not."  Anyone who has come down that way isn't using evidence and logical deduction; they're stopping at incredulity.  Which is unwarranted.

Likewise, every "skeptical" argument against - most definitely including the ones used by "scientists" which are a tired rehash of what an unschooled layman would say - is an irrational defiance of science, logic and the basic experience of everyday life.

Sorry, way it is.  Anyone who wants to show me different is free to do so.  Just no one has yet.

Edited by DWA

Guest Crowlogic

Bigfoot doesn't exist.  It's great fun for some it's even a living for others but it doesn't exist.

It did up until recently right though crow ?

In your world I mean ?

The one and only half decent case ever made that bigfoot could be real is the PGF.  The PGF is a singular event that was never repeated .  Singularities are not a good indication of reality.  After shaking off the romanticism of the PGF and weighing it against the utter failures that have followed I came to the conclusion that the PGF does not matter it came and it's gone.  Bigfoot does not exist and it is simply an example of the strength of myth making which is something humans are good at doing.  However you'll have to beat your own bushes to convince yourself of the power of the myth. and my bushes have been beaten and have been laid to rest.  Worry about your path Bobby.

RE:  my last post.  ^^Et voila.  (And that is as sophisticated a case-against as I have read.)

Edited by DWA

Crowlogic,  the unicorn, dragon, fairy thing is very old.   Show me a report of a Law enforcement officer that has publicly reported a dragon, a unicorn, and or a fairy.  A serious report not some lame joke report. I can show links to several Sasquatch reports from Law enforcement individuals only.

You know in China a lot of the people believe in dragons- it's a big part of their culture. This is a news report of what people believed was a flying dragon-

I see swirling clouds.......

So are you suggesting that the PGF is a dust devil?

Apples and oranges.

Guest Crowlogic

Apples and oranges.

Well David in NC says law enforcement has never reported a dragon and as we know law enforcement he's correct.  But if we were to go back to the Middle Ages there would be knights and other officials claiming to have seen and or done battle with them.  Witness the story of St George.   There is no doubt people see things and claim to see things.  My Grand Mother used to tell us stories of Trolls in the forests of the old country etc.  My granny wouldn't lie but she would and could tell a story that may or may not have been somebody else's story and or somebody else's lie.    No matter how you slice it the ice covering the bigfoot lake is exceptionally thin and precious little of it is capable of supporting the weight of reality.

Sad to say the PGF no longer holds water for me.  It is a singularity created under mysterious circumstances connected with established hoaxers and requiring luck beyond reason.  It is a big fat question mark and if it's not a resounding yes then it's a no.  I know the sun exists I don't have to make excuses for it and bigfoot is steeped in excuses.  Try approaching the subject without any excuses.  iI won't have a lot of traction.

Well David in NC says law enforcement has never reported a dragon and as we know law enforcement he's correct. But if we were to go back to the Middle Ages there would be knights and other officials claiming to have seen and or done battle with them. Witness the story of St George. There is no doubt people see things and claim to see things. My Grand Mother used to tell us stories of Trolls in the forests of the old country etc. My granny wouldn't lie but she would and could tell a story that may or may not have been somebody else's story and or somebody else's lie. No matter how you slice it the ice covering the bigfoot lake is exceptionally thin and precious little of it is capable of supporting the weight of reality.

Sad to say the PGF no longer holds water for me. It is a singularity created under mysterious circumstances connected with established hoaxers and requiring luck beyond reason. It is a big fat question mark and if it's not a resounding yes then it's a no. I know the sun exists I don't have to make excuses for it and bigfoot is steeped in excuses. Try approaching the subject without any excuses. iI won't have a lot of traction.

============================

Crow? It's not my job to convince you that Sasquatch exists. I really do not care one way or the other what you believe to be true. And I've said all along that it will take a body to end this.

But do not compare swirling clouds to the PGF....... thats not an honest comparison.

If the Chinese were taking photos of a giant unknown Lizard in the bamboo forests of their country? That would be akin to the PGF.

Apples and oranges.

All that is required is *special pleading*, Bigfoot owes its many of its traits to this logical fallacy. Maybe that was a wind dragon, maybe that's how dragons look on film, maybe dragons have a cloaking adaptation, etc...

All that is required is *special pleading*, Bigfoot owes its many of its traits to this logical fallacy. Maybe that was a wind dragon, maybe that's how dragons look on film, maybe dragons have a cloaking adaptation, etc...

===============================

The PGF doesnt require any special pleading, and neither do tracks, these are things that cannot be attributed to swamp gas or venus or swirling wind.

If you think wind can create a bipedal trackway of a five toed foot? Show me.