Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

I see swirling clouds.......

So are you suggesting that the PGF is a dust devil?

Apples and oranges.

No not really apples and oranges. You see swirling clouds because you're looking at it objectively, but there are millions who will tell you that you're wrong. Just watch the videos and hear their voices- the belief is strong. If you flat out told them that dragons don't exist then they would call you a scofftic.

Just as many have suggested the PGF is a man in a suit because they are looking at it objectively and that is what they simply see, many will tell them that they are wrong. Some of them don't see Bigfoot ever existing like you view dragons (I'm assuming), and they are also labeled scofftics.

Belief in Dragons in China is far greater than belief in Bigfoot in the US. The parallels are probably more comparable to the Native Americans because of the spiritual belief. Both claim to have evidence of existence and both stand their ground. Regardless of what you "see" in the videos, there are people that will flat out tell you that you are wrong. Are you wrong?

Now to clarify (again), I am not a scofftic of Bigfoot because I am open to the possibility and would actually like it to exist. But I can totally understand their position.

Edited by roguefooter

Roguefooter, the videos and the article bringing all the written claims of actual physical dragons that have been written down in Chinese literature going that far back is very compelling. I would not tell them they were wrong. I have my plate full with explaining the things I have experienced, I do not have a picture of a dragon track nor a cast of a dragon track, or 3 family members that seen the silhouette of a dragon all here in the same spot. If I ever have an experience with a dragon Then maybe I would be looking on a dragon forum to try to explain them. Where is Incorragible when you need him to talk about the Thunderbird. There have been a miniscule amount of reports of the thunderbird compared to the reports of Sasquatch. I would see them as easier to locate than Sasquatch, intelligence of a bird, should build a nest the size of a volkswagon that could be seen for miles, yet none of these things have been found. But you know what I still believe that the largest amount of the reports of them are true. I believe Incorrigable seen one when he was young. I cannot explain that either.    I would be open to experience any of these phenomenon on a personal level that would clearly make up my mind on what I thought was going on. I was not criticizing the people that experience other phenomenon I was criticizing  all of them being lumped together. Which basically means anything without the scientific corporations little stamp of approval on it , like we already know everything that there is to know in this world. This is not aimed at you Roquefooter, it just me explaining myself and my posts with a little more background on where I am coming from.

Rogue,

It completely is apples and oranges.....no two ways about it.

Here is the crux of our disconnect. If a Chinese film maker had a ten second clip of a large Lizard like beast walking across a creek bed? And there was a trackway associated with the film to boot?

I would not dismiss the footage out of hand as a hoax and declare that Dragons don't exist.

Put it another way, if the PGF was nothing but a swirling mist that vaguely resembled a Primate? I would dismiss it offhand as a natural occurance.

That's because my mind doesn't accept that we have discovered everything on this planet yet. We haven't even as a global community made contact with all of our own species yet.

Albeit I will openly admit that our planet is shrinking fast and the resources that could sustain cryptid animals or lost tribes is shrinking along with it at a alarming rate. Which brings us to the next question..... what are we losing that we dont even know about. What are the unknown unknowns?

Ultimately the PGF is declared a hoax for the simple reason that we do not have a mundane explanation for it, and more importantly because we think the possibility of a relic hominid living in north America is absurd. We being the majority of humanity, with very few of us ever walking those mountains in our life time.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 2

^A Chinese dragon doesn't need to be a physical Lizard beast in order to be comparable to the PGF. Eastern dragons are deities and not necessarily physical creatures- you're confusing them with the Western mythology of dragons. The dragon videos posted are in direct correlation to Chinese beliefs, just as the PGF is a physical creature in direct correlation to our beliefs.

The dragon videos have a mundane explanation- cloud anomalies.

The PGF also has a mundane explanation- just a man in a suit. 

In both cases people see very simple explanations, but neither explanation can be proven. Are you open to the possibility of deity spirit dragons? If not, then you would be considered a scofftic. Just as those not open to the possibility of a Western great ape are considered scofftics.

I don't see scofftics as being bad people, I just see them as people applying what they consider to be a realistic mundane world view onto the subject. It's only when they become antagonistic with some sort of agenda does it become a problem. There have been scofftics here that were nice guys though- Dmaker being one.

Edited by roguefooter

Even if the PGF is a man in a suit?

That is light years away from being as mundane as swirling clouds.

And what if your wrong and it aint a man in a suit?

Then its the exact opposite of mundane.....its Earth shattering.

Bigfoot is either a living breathing animal that eats and poops or it doesnt exist. I do not have the patience nor the time for spirit Dragons or shape shifting Bigfoots.

Edited by norseman

Bigfoot   absolutely does not exist.  2015 and still not  proven. Six inch  rare rats can be proven in the PNW.  Seven foot elusive  primates can't. 

HD  wild life photos  are captured daily.  Trail cams, Night vision,no creature.  One great film.  1967. Case closed.There is only one fellow scientist  who can change my mind. Your up  Kathy  :)

norseman, on 30 Aug 2015 - 9:41 PM, said:

Even if the PGF is a man in a suit?

That is light years away from being as mundane as swirling clouds.

And what if your wrong and it aint a man in a suit?

Then its the exact opposite of mundane.....its Earth shattering.

You're forgetting that dragons have also been sighted in physical form over the centuries- not exactly mundane. They can be physical or spiritual-type entities (like Bigfoot is fast becoming). 

It even goes through modern hoaxing just like Bigfoot. This is a 'real dragon' that was caught by a fisherman just last year and made the news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRqUAMrS1X4

It was later shown to be a hoax prop covered in rabbit fur.

Bigfoot is either a living breathing animal that eats and poops or it doesnt exist. I do not have the patience nor the time for spirit Dragons or shape shifting Bigfoots.

It goes back to the argument that was brought up here- "Every one of the reports cannot be fake, hoax, misidentification. Currently there are 4836 reports on the BFRO and that does not include the ones they keep private. I have read a lot of them and there are more than several that are from what anyone should call reputable people.."

Can something with so much history and reports involving reputable people be written all off as misidentification, hoaxes, etc.? Of course.

The Chinese dragon is just an example of a cryptid with a very large base of belief including very reputable people, and an extensive history of accounts and evidence. The whole enchilada can reliably be written off that way.

A plant on a tiny island ...that eats rats.  A PLANT.  No, no way a highly mobile intelligent animal that tends to travel fast and solo - yet thousands of people have seen it and found its tracks - could be real.  No way, now.

A PLANT.

http://www.livescience.com/10561-giant-plant-eats-rodents.html?cmpid=514627_20150830_51613746&adbid=10152968975936761&adbpl=fb&adbpr=30478646760