Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

i was thinking the same thing.....

With 6,408 BF Forums posts, who could disagree? For someone who doesn't believe the creature exists, you sure do spend a lot of time here.

Surely you can't be serious...

Yes, I am. He agreed with my comment on my doubting their existence. Does that not indicate he feels the same way? 

While on the subject... If these animals exist, why has no one captured a single picture via game cam? There must be thousands of cameras of out there, yet not a single pic? How about home surveillance? Footprints up the butt, but not a single shot of Sasquatch. Oh well... 

They're probably never going to catch one on a trap cam. 

Trap cams are made and designed for animals.

Your assuming this is an animal - and I'd suggest you're wrong in your assumption.  That assuming gets a whole lot of folks in trouble on a whole lot of topics.  Maybe you assume too much.

Maybe likewise, you assume the behavior of these critters should meet your assumed expectations and reveal themselves as you'd prefer - trap cam, or home surveillance.  Maybe they're smarter than anyone who would assume such options.

Don't worry too much about your evidence.  It's coming.  And then you can fret over the different species of these things.  And they'll start to add up.

• Upvote 1

It would be interesting to see a CGI rendition of "Patty" without any hair. There is no doubt in my mind, that what we are seeing is not a human in a suit.

Even when I consider my possible encounter, the PG film, ThinkerThunker's excellent video forensics, stories from relatives, and all of the great research that's been done... I'm going to have to call BS on BF! I'm sorry, but one piece of footage from 1967 just isn't proof. Without a live specimen for study, the animal does not exist.

Hats-off to anyone who can make a buck off spinning tall-tales of giant apes! I suggest doing something more productive, but hey, that's just me.

That's a quick change of opinion.

• Upvote 2

Guest 67Mopar

It would be interesting to see a CGI rendition of "Patty" without any hair. There is no doubt in my mind, that what we are seeing is not a human in a suit.

Even when I consider my possible encounter, the PG film, ThinkerThunker's excellent video forensics, stories from relatives, and all of the great research that's been done... I'm going to have to call BS on BF! I'm sorry, but one piece of footage from 1967 just isn't proof. Without a live specimen for study, the animal does not exist.

Hats-off to anyone who can make a buck off spinning tall-tales of giant apes! I suggest doing something more productive, but hey, that's just me.

That's a quick change of opinion.

Yeah... I'm all over the place with it. I need to stop listening to Sasquatch Chronicles. 

With 6,408 BF Forums posts, who could disagree? For someone who doesn't believe the creature exists, you sure do spend a lot of time here.

Yes, I am. He agreed with my comment on my doubting their existence. Does that not indicate he feels the same way? 

While on the subject... If these animals exist, why has no one captured a single picture via game cam? There must be thousands of cameras of out there, yet not a single pic? How about home surveillance? Footprints up the butt, but not a single shot of Sasquatch. Oh well... 

They're probably never going to catch one on a trap cam. 

Trap cams are made and designed for animals.

Your assuming this is an animal - and I'd suggest you're wrong in your assumption.  That assuming gets a whole lot of folks in trouble on a whole lot of topics.  Maybe you assume too much.

Maybe likewise, you assume the behavior of these critters should meet your assumed expectations and reveal themselves as you'd prefer - trap cam, or home surveillance.  Maybe they're smarter than anyone who would assume such options.

Don't worry too much about your evidence.  It's coming.  And then you can fret over the different species of these things.  And they'll start to add up.

Bruce's description of how "it" was staring down at the area where he had been digging, most certainly sounds like an intelligent animal. At the very least, curious. I just don't know what to think? My experience was easily blown-off, since I could not see what was outside of the trailer... Maybe, I'm better-off not knowing. 

Edited by 67Mopar

Hardly.  But as far off as he is...he could be Aldebaran.  You see what I did there.

Mopar:  we spell that "dmaker" here.

Edited by DWA

Simply read 150 more sighting reports. Our resident self-proclaimed scientist will congratulate you once you come around.

• Upvote 2

Yeah... I'm all over the place with it. I need to stop listening to Sasquatch Chronicles.

You're having an internal debate at the moment. I see it now, but was a bit confused at first. Whatever happened at your home was enough to bring you here so it must have been a bizarre experience. Hang in there, we're here for ya.

Guest 67Mopar

You're having an internal debate at the moment. I see it now, but was a bit confused at first. Whatever happened at your home was enough to bring you here so it must have been a bizarre experience. Hang in there, we're here for ya.

Thank you! It's good to hear from someone who understands. :)  

Norseman insists - as the mainstream is indicating may be necessary - on a body to establish the species.  That he's on here trying to *organize a collaborative effort to get that body* isn't quite "doubt."  It's a long time back but I thought he'd had an encounter.  Norse...?

It's very counter to scientific practice to say something isn't real because this one thing.  (We have a *movie* of one.)  One characteristic of successful game cam placements is knowledge where to put them.  If anyone has that knowledge for sasquatch they aren't sharing it.  And the footprints - thousands of them found where there is no logical reason to suspect a hoax or known species - still need to be explained, pics or no.  I find it easy to do.  Most apparently don't.

Edited by DWA

BFF Patron

Great, we have another skeptic that had an experience, but refuses to look at evidence now, but now has declared that BF does not exist because some other skeptic has declared the P/G film a hoax. How do we get such enlightened and critical thinkers on a forum that is dedicated to BF? One would think that they would declare the whole subject a myth and stay away but they seem driven to convince everyone else to their way of thinking. Perhaps the rest of us do not realize that the forum serves as a support group for recovering BF witnesses?

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Yah, I'm a proponent that has had a experience with a large bipedal trackway in deep snow with my father.

I'm a overzealous jerk when it comes to my position on being pro kill. And I started Project Grendel for the sole purpose of presenting science with a body.

I think my unicorn comment may have thrown him, I was speaking from the perspective of mainstream science. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

You're welcome! Not that I have any experience in the matter... {sarcasm}

Learning who's who and how to navigate the waters here takes time and I know that for a fact.

Guest 67Mopar

You're welcome! Not that I have any experience in the matter... {sarcasm}

Learning who's who and how to navigate the waters here takes time and I know that for a fact.

Understood. 

When I was a kid, I use to wake-up with an urge to walk downstairs and look out the kitchen window. I would walk to the bottom of the stairs, to the edge of the arch leading into the kitchen. Looking from living room, and through to the kitchen, was a window that gave you a view of the back yard. I would reach the last step, and then lay my back against the wall. From there, I would turn around, and them peek around the wall to view the kitchen window. What I would saw was the most grotesque looking face, that I can't describe it with accuracy. The eyes were very large, it had a large mouth, teeth, and would be grinning at me. It was the most f'd up thing ever!

Every night before bed, I use to look at that window, just to see it I was mistaking something else for the face I was seeing. We had a gaslight next to the pool, so I thought maybe I was catching it in a weird position, combined with being tired? Nope! You could make out the gas lamp perfectly. The happened maybe 3 times that I recall. After that, I use to wake up, but I didn't go down to look. 

Not long after, I came downstairs on a Saturday morning, and saw that the kitchen table was moved, and that the glass was removed from the window. My dad had some tools on floor, and next to tools was a round piece of glass. My dad came into the kitchen and told my mom that he'd be right back. I asked him where he was going? He replied; "Nuts! Ya wanna come along?" I asked my mom, who replied; "He's going to Andy's Hardware to get a new piece of glass..." I was going to ask why, but I could see that she was in no mood for questions. Whenever she was nervous about something, she would lose her temper easily.

My sister Lynn pulled me into the living room, and told me that a hole had been cut through the kitchen window! That was the round piece of glass that I had seen laying on the floor. Later that evening at dinner, my dad said; "There's no-way in-hell anyone could have cut that glass like that... Not without breaking the glass, and not without waking everyone in the house..." 

I tell you this, because as in my Carollton, OH possible encounter, I awakened in the same state... A sense of impending danger! I'm not saying that what I saw at home was a Sasquatch... Not at all. What I saw was through the kitchen window was hideous looking! And for the record, I have not a single instance of sleep walking. The event in Carollton carried-on until the break of morning, so no... It was not a dream. 

Edited by 67Mopar