Where You Think Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

kitakaze

I live in Nevada. There are no sasquatches in Nevada. Any reports of sasquatches here are misidentification or hoax. IMO. Anywhere that is mainly desert/high desert is also a "go preceded by a no", IMO.

And, of course, since no one has presented testable evidence which has proven to have been left by a sasquatch I'm defaulting to the position that all claims are VERY much in doubt.

When I had my encounter in Colorado, I remember thinking to myself 'I thought these things only lived in the Pacific Northwest!'. At the time, I thought that was where the PGF was filmed.

But there it was, right in front of my truck so that was that.

Back in the 1970s, I remember hearing about a white BF up north that was taller than a stop sign, which made it pretty big. After my encounter in Colorado I began to entertain the idea that they could be in Minnesota too, on account of 1) now I know there are real and 2) there are sighting reports in Minnesota as well. I found a trackway of about 15 prints in a bog area near Emily Minnesota, so it seems that my surmise may have been correct.

An interesting tidbit, if you look at Native American languages, they all have a name for BF, the exception being all the tribes in Hawaii, wherein there are also zero sighting reports.

Welcome back Dmaker.

dmaker,  All I'd suggest is for you to pick an area and decide for yourself, and follow the evidence as far as you can, if you genuinely have the drive to do it.  If your conclusions at the end of that are uncertain or even if the probability is zero for you, there are plenty, plenty more areas/evidence to consider.  Your probabilities will always differ from mine, as mine do to anyone else's, I'm sure.      

By follow the evidence, you mean read the reports? You don't actually travel around the country "following the evidence", do you?

Edited to add: Thanks Sal :)

Edited by dmaker

Only if those occur in areas where I subsequently visit, but I don't actively seek them out, no.  I've been many wild places on this continent, and seen, heard, smelled, tasted and touched a lot of things. Any reported BF evidence I encounter I match against what I've experienced, and what knowledge I've gained through print and other media.  I find many who have similar experiences, and many who have even more extensive experiences I'm bound to respect,  and all of this certainly influences my probabilities. 

Looking at the map Kit has posted with the alleged sightings, It is hard to believe that with that many sights in North America there isn't any credible evidence.

These sighting could not all be BF sightings the majority of them would have to be misidentified animals, not sure what the stats would be on that many reports with no evidence. Considering these animals seek areas that are uninhabited and secluded, makes the map a joke. 

Looking at the map Kit has posted with the alleged sightings, It is hard to believe that with that many sights in North America there isn't any credible evidence.

These sighting could not all be BF sightings the majority of them would have to be misidentified animals, not sure what the stats would be on that many reports with no evidence. Considering these animals seek areas that are uninhabited and secluded, makes the map a joke. 

Well the source of the reports is the BFRO so I suppose it depends on how you view that organization.

Well, certainly. But we can only use the tools with which we're presented when attempting to winnow some of the areas out. The effort to zero in on some likely areas requires that we reject others. Using the reports is one method. And I would hope that the BFRO had already removed those reports it, the BFRO, thought were liars, mis-identifications, attention seekers, etc.

I've lived here 47 years, I'd love to be surprised. I've seen all manner of strange humans, some of them hairy as all get out, but no sasquatches. Are you also a resident of the silver state?

Surprised I am, indeed, at the continued premise that there would just have to be, HAVE to be, "tangible evidence" by now if so many people were seeing....

...wait for it...

...something that no one believes when anyone says he saw one.

Logic much?  'parently not.

Surprised I am, indeed, at the continued premise that there would just have to be, HAVE to be, "tangible evidence" by now if so many people were seeing....

...wait for it...

...something that no one believes when anyone says he saw one.

Logic much?  'parently not.

Off Topic

• Upvote 2

I share BobbyO's skepticism of the OP's motives for asking the question.  I'll even go so far as to question the OP's **integrity** regarding the question.   Looks like Lucy is putting up another football to yank away from Charlie Brown.   Oh well ...

Honestly, anyone who could ask this question or consider seriously that there's nowhere to hide is pretty uneducated regarding what cover is needed and what cover is available.   In absolute terms, there are no US states or Canadian provinces I'd rule out entirely other than Hawaii.  Step away from the stereotypes.  Spend some time on the ground ... drive through them, hike, hunt, fish, go birding.  Get out there.  Learn.

MIB

I have done and do all of those activities you suggested. Some more than others. Lots of woods in North Florida where  I am from.

No bigfoot, but once there was an escaped orangutan that roamed our forest and was ultimately captured several miles away from the initial sighting .

Bohdi- Aren't the Sierras on the very western edge of Nevada? Lake Tahoe area?

I guess one could technically say that there's Sasquatch habitat in Nevada.

Edited by roguefooter