Where You Think Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

kitakaze

I've lived here 47 years.

How many Sierra Nevada Red Fox have you seen?  Photographed?

off topic.

^^^^ Nope.   Dismissing any report without thorough investigation is possibly even more of a mistake than accepting a report without a thorough investigation.  

MIB

So there we go. dumpster diving sasquatch is as reasonable as deep woods sasquatch is as reasonable as portal sasquatch. If you can't admit that some thing are to be winnowed you're lost in space....  The thread topic is: Where does sasquatch NOT exist. If you deny that there is such a place then go to another thread, there's plenty of 'em here for those who credulously examine every claim without using some filter. Can you name an area in which, if a claim were made, you'd immediately set it aside as being unworthy of examination?

Edited by Bodhi

As for probabilities, from all I can tell, you can have a pretty good predictor of the frequency of reports by overlaying a map of annual rainfall amounts. There is a good case to be made a minimum of 30" annually is the threshold.  This is not to say they don't occur with some frequency outside of those areas, but they do occur less frequently. In my necka, the annual precipitation is north of 50". Speaking of probabilities, we got 'em down here.   

To paraphrase John Green:  people's imaginations have an interesting way of drying up where the rainfall is less than 17" per year.

Me neither, John.

<So there we go. dumpster diving sasquatch is as reasonable as deep woods sasquatch is as reasonable as portal sasquatch.>

How so? One can believe it is possible for a flesh and blood creature known as bigfoot to exist without thinking they teleport or mindspeak. I think it's possible the Thylacine could still exist but if someone told me it teleports I would not give it an ounce of creedence.

Rockape,

I was replying to MIB's post and asking him/her to give me an example of a place where sasquatch ISN'T as the topic suggests. And just because you are rational doesn't mean others also eschew the woo Trying to have a conversation in a thread with someone who is woo prone is tough because rationalists jump in, I know it's tough not to do so though.

So, MIB and Rockape; where in north america does sasquatch definitely not exist in your opinions? How can we start to narrow down the search area to something approaching consistency and reasonable size.

off topic.

Nice dodge , I'll take that as zero and then ask why you think 47 years in a state w/o seeing a BF makes BF not be found in said state.  (I'll also take it as you recognized the fallacy in your previous statement).

;-)

off topic.

Nice dodge , I'll take that as zero and then ask why you think 47 years in a state w/o seeing a BF makes BF not be found in said state.  (I'll also take it as you recognized the fallacy in your previous statement).

;-)

Off topic, again. PM me if you wanna talk about endangered foxes it has not business here.

I've lived in MD for more than five decades and have never seen a mink there.  The state is crawling with them.  Coyote neither and there is a breeding pop in every MD county.

(One mink, and two Eastern coyotes, lifetime:  about as many as some have reported seeing sasquatch.)

No, one guy ain't selling me wolf tickets.

Rockape,

I was replying to MIB's post and asking him/her to give me an example of a place where sasquatch ISN'T as the topic suggests. And just because you are rational doesn't mean others also eschew the woo Trying to have a conversation in a thread with someone who is woo prone is tough because rationalists jump in, I know it's tough not to do so though.

But you are making that a general claim by saying a flesh and blood creature is as reasonable as one that teleports. I don't think reports of a squatch that can pass through portals should be investigated the same as say a policeman saying they saw one.

So, MIB and Rockape; where in north america does sasquatch definitely not exist in your opinions? How can we start to narrow down the search area to something approaching consistency and reasonable size.

I've already answered that...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52083-where-you-think-bigfoot-does-not-exist/?p=923974

Absolutely NOT off-topic!  You can't make claims, then ignore follow-up the follow up questions pertaining to your claim.  Below you posted:

Bohdi went off topic with portal squatch, so I'm reporting him. I'm reporting you too, just because you are from Wizcaaahnsin.

Absolutely NOT off-topic!  You can't make claims, then ignore follow-up the follow up questions pertaining to your claim.  Below you posted:

I've lived here 47 years, I'd love to be surprised. I've seen all manner of strange humans, some of them hairy as all get out, but no sasquatches. Are you also a resident of the silver state?

You claim there are no sasquatches b/c in 47 years you've lived there you have not seen a BF, but have indeed seen all sorts of hairy humans.

I simply inquired if you saw any Sierra Nevada Red Foxes, a rare creature of the Nevadas as well.  Thus, I was challenging your logic on why you think BF doesn't exist b/c you haven't seen one.

We're trying to limit the potential area of BF's livable range.  I don't necessarily want to throw Nevada out b/c 1 person has lived there almost 50 years and hasn't seen one.

So I say we keep Nevada on the table!

Hey hey hey.... I'm giving my opinion on areas I believe sasquatch isn't. I think claims of sasquatch in nevada are bunk. You can disagree and you can looking into claims of nevadasquatch all you want but I think any claims coming out of here are, ex facie, bunk.

Admin

2.Hoaxers,liars,misidentifications ,wishful thinking.

Just curious, how would you break down the percentage of each?

I would not say absolute zero chance anywhere.   I think the probability might be vanishingly small, but not zero.

I think your approach of eliminating places to look is invalid.   Since it only takes one to prove existence, every single place has to be checked ... simultaneously ... because that's the only way to absolutely eliminate the possibility it was there, just not while you were there looking.

I would say instead the productive approach is to start with the most probable locations.   You can look at report history, look at weather, topography, everything you think might modify the probabilities.  Look at those with an eye towards proximity to your location so you're not wasting any more time than necessary traveling.  Finally, look at  your resources and don't take on what would be an otherwise likely seeming spot but your limited resources turn your search into a needle in a haystack approach. 

Start at the top of your "value list" and work your way down.  

There is no end.   There is no proof of no bigfoot.   There may be a point where you've reached a personal limit in your search.  That's fine.  But that's not an answer, it's just an end of your search.

MIB

• Upvote 2