Sign in to follow this  

Entire Reel Of The Pgf?

Sorry if this is old news but here is a youtube video showing the ENTIRE PGF

This looks like a video of a film screen running the whole PGF reel from start to finish, just as Roger described. Confirmation of this film has huge implications. For one, I see Chico and the packhorse figuring prominently in the pre-Patty footage just as Green described. So if this was all filmed Oct 1st like Bob H claims, then why didn't Bob H see that packhorse when he was there?

Edited by Gigantofootecus

roguefooter

There was no packhorse. Bob was wearing the costume that day. 

41oos4XogBL.jpg

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 2

hiflier

Hello roguefooter,

LOL, you are on a roll, my friend. It's good for the BFF to have a grin at itself once in a while I think. Is Bob H. in the front half or back half. Or was he just SO good that he managed both all by his lonesome? AND, busy guy that he was, he jumps out of the phone booth in the Patty suit (a much more convincing performance IYAM). One of my sons is 6'8''tall. When he grows the winter beard and strikes that famous pose? It's simply hysterical. I just want to toss him in the trunk and run him off to Melba Ketchum's house!

Edited by hiflier

JustCurious

This is the film copy I watched at 25% speed and noticed the pace of the horses compared to the pace of Patty.  I can't remember which thread that was in here. 

Patterson-Gimlin

This is very old,but thanks for the reminder. 

The most significant aspect of this video is that it represents the entire reel and we can calculate the frame rate of the projector. This could potentially give us the camera frame rate.

At 2:36 of this 3:28 video is when Patty 1st appears. That's 52 seconds for 952 frames = 18.3 frames per second. This is the frame rate the projector was running while the film was being filmed. Since the footage with the horses looks correct speed then that part of the PGF was filmed at 18 fps. This was also likely the frame rate setting when Roger encountered Patty. There is no way that Roger changed the setting upwards from 18 fps as he was chasing down Patty. He would have only given himself 40 seconds of footage if he bumped it up to 24 fps. 

IMO, this is **** close to proof that the entire PGF was shot @ 18 fps.

brianmk

It is amazing that useful information is still being squeezed from the film. 

Bigfoothunter

^^

And as posted previously - 18fps is what manufactures sat their internal mechanisms to in the mid to late 50's even though the dials still read 16.fps.

Interesting that the math came to 18.3fps as that was the same running speed the FBI lab gave to the running speed of Abraham Zapruder's filming speed of JFK's assassination. Sounds spot on.

OkieFoot

Doesn't 18 fps rule out the creature being a human in a suit? 

Bigfoothunter

^^

Maybe .... but so does several other things that skeptics do not seem to care to address. Still waiting for Crowlogic to state how a man in shoes and wearing a 40+lb costume made tracks 6x deeper than men in shoes who didn't have on a costume.

What this tells us is that when we watch that video we see exactly how fast Patty was walking. There is no more guesswork. The best stabilized copies of the PGF can now be set at 18 fps to view them properly. Don't underestimate the significance of locking down the PGF frame rate. 

Edited by Gigantofootecus

To add..

952 frames
52 secs
0.0144 hr
18.3 fps
11.2 frames/step
85 steps
41 in/step
290.7 ft
0.0551 mi

Patty was walking at 3.8 mph

Drew

Patty was walking at 3.8 mph

She wuz skerred.

Bigfoothunter

Drew, on 09 Sept 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

She wuz skerred.

I would have used the word "intimidated".

She had all of a sudden had three horses come upon her and become alarmed - one man on foot - and all on the move. I would have found myself feeling somewhat intimidated and would have wanted to distance myself from it.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

masterbarber

The average human walking speed is about 3.1 mph, so Patty's speed on that film (if correct) is well within human ability.

Sign in to follow this