Sign in to follow this  

Entire Reel Of The Pgf?

Drew

Drew, on 09 Sept 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

She wuz skerred.

I would have used the word "intimidated".

She had all of a sudden had three horses come upon her and become alarmed - one man on foot - and all on the move. I would have found myself feeling somewhat intimidated and would have wanted to distance myself from it.

Exactly my point.  Why didn't she truck it out of there?

Maybe it was the leg hernia, or a baby in the woods, but she should have been bookin it.

To add..

952 frames

52 secs

0.0144 hr

18.3 fps

11.2 frames/step

85 steps

41 in/step

290.7 ft

0.0551 mi

Patty was walking at 3.8 mph

PS, i know you watched a video of a certain duration.  But how do you know how many frames were contained in that video?  And the 41" step length is an assumption based on how many samples? 

Backdoc

Drew,

They have every single frame scanned frame by frame.  They know.

Backdoc

Drew

Right, but you don't know how many were in the video that was recorded.

Backdoc

The average human walking speed is about 3.1 mph, so Patty's speed on that film (if correct) is well within human ability.

I do not discount this. 

We do need to ask what is walking speed in a costume under the conditions Patty walks?  This includes on unfamiliar ground of a creek bed, looking out of an ape mask, and so on?

(and if Bob H is to be believed we need to add looking out of only one eye hole and walking the way Roger showed him to walk maintaining it.)

A man can walk in a suit as fast as a man is capable of walking in a suit. Whatever that recorded speed that person would have just proved in front of us they could move that quick on the issue of Speed.  We just need to admit there is more the person walking must achieve in the task before him if the walk is at X speed and results in a Patty look which is the issue here.

Backdoc

Bigfoothunter

Right, but you don't know how many were in the video that was recorded.

The strides can be measured for consistency. And did not Gigantofootecus compute the distance from point A to point B and divide the number of steps in between for an average stride.  If so, what are you confused about?

The average human walking speed is about 3.1 mph, so Patty's speed on that film (if correct) is well within human ability.

We do need to ask what is walking speed in a costume under the conditions Patty walks?  This includes on unfamiliar ground of a creek bed, looking out of an ape mask, and so on?

Backdoc

One would think that would be a worthy consideration, Backdoc.

Easy field test .... let someone walk hurriedly for 75 yards and then do it again while walking hurriedly and carrying a 50lb bag and see if the same stride and speed is still as it was without the extra weight.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Backdoc

^^^

Good point.  What would a Gorilla suit weigh?

OkieFoot

Drew, on 09 Sept 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

She wuz skerred.

I would have used the word "intimidated".

She had all of a sudden had three horses come upon her and become alarmed - one man on foot - and all on the move. I would have found myself feeling somewhat intimidated and would have wanted to distance myself from it.

Exactly my point.  Why didn't she truck it out of there?

Maybe it was the leg hernia, or a baby in the woods, but she should have been bookin it.

To add..

952 frames

52 secs

0.0144 hr

18.3 fps

11.2 frames/step

85 steps

41 in/step

290.7 ft

0.0551 mi

Patty was walking at 3.8 mph

PS, i know you watched a video of a certain duration.  But how do you know how many frames were contained in that video?  And the 41" step length is an assumption based on how many samples? 

Maybe I'm wrong on this but I think in most reported Bigfoot sightings the creature just walked away into the woods, or wherever it was headed.

Maybe others can fill in, and I haven't read a large number of reports, but I can't recall any reports that said the creature took off running when it was spooked. Bigfoot isn't like a deer when it sees or smells something strange.  

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

Step on a treadmill and set the walking speed at 3.8 mph.  Video someone walking at that speed and we can compare it to Patty.  I personally can't do 3.8 mph so I can't do it myself.  Preferably someone about 6'3" to 6'5" maybe?  And make sure they're wearing cowboy boots inside costume gorilla feet.  That should be an easy one for the skeptics to produce to prove it can be done.

Bigfoothunter

^^^

Around 50lbs

Patterson-Gimlin

That makes perfect  sense. I saw an interview where Gimlin said the creature walked fluently  like a man walking downtown. Never did break into a run.

Bigfoothunter

^^

Anyone wanting to look into any restrictions to movement that an extra 50lbs or thick padding might add to someone's walking stride and pace - or would that not be desirable at this stage.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
  • Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

↑↑

No need to. We know the answer. It would be very difficult and certainly would alter the stride.

I am much larger than the individual who claims he wore the so called suit. I still would not fair

well.

masterbarber

^^^

If we believe it's a gorilla suit, we'd need to know what THE suit weighed- not just A suit. Any suit would hinder mobility but to what degree, we don't know without duplicating the conditions seen on the film. So far, the film remains a mystery but I haven't seen anything that conclusively demonstrates the size or speed of patty is outside human parameters. 

• Upvote 2

xspider1

^ I totally agree that if it had been a suit (which it wasn't) then the general tendency would be to underestimate the affect that such a suit would have on a mime attempting to walk as naturally as Patty does.  I think that is one of many reasons why no one has ever been able to duplicate the PGf within a country mile, although many have tried.  She also appears to be covering more ground than I could even without wearing an elaborate Bigfoot suit that would need to include all-over padding, giant costume feet and a 'helmet' that would virtually eliminate any clear vision and I'm about 6'4".

Thank-you for the link, Gigantofootecus.  Everyone interested in this subject should definitely see that.  8  )

Backdoc

^^

Anyone wanting to look into any restrictions to movement that an extra 50lbs or thick padding might add to someone's walking stride and pace - or would that not be desirable at this stage.

watch a police video of a Police Dog attacking a trainer in heavy padding. He will walk like the Ghostbusters Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.

Backdoc

Sign in to follow this