The Strange Case Of Cullen Finnerty

Rockape

Indeed it is rock. The suggestion of finnerty inhaling or being submerged is plausible with the coroners report of pneumonia in one of his lungs. It doesnt take but a spoonful as they say.

No one will ever really know what happened to this poor guy. Could be as simple as tripping or a fall.

• 2 weeks later...

David Paulides (Missing 411) who literally built his missing persons investigations on Sasquatch as being the most likely protagonist. Multiple videos were uploaded, most of which are now curiously missing from YouTube. He appeared on Coast To Coast not too long ago stating; "I'm through with the Bigfoot thing..." He is now retelling the same stories, but has now replaced Sasquatch with "spirits of the forest" and UFO activity. The Dennis Martin case is one of the most perplexing I've heard. Mr. Paulides originally stated that the subject seen carrying the body Dennis Martin was described as a "Bigfoot". When he tells the story now, he describes it as "a wild man wearing animal skins."

I hadn't heard that Paulides was recanting on his BF abductions theory.

Really? "Spirits of the Forest?"

Yeah, that's way more believable.

Hello All,

The waders he was wearing. Running around in waders can get one pretty warm, even hot and sweaty. Heat exhaustion/heat stroke? Also knowing the weather for the days after his disappearance would be of benefit. Were his clothes and the inside of his waders wet? If so then does it mean he fell into water? Perspiration from exertion such as running, struggling? 

Time of death? A body is somewhat pliable until full rigor mortis sets in at around 8-12 hours. Some of the factors determining the rate of RM is air temperature and the physical condition of the deceased.

Just too much we still don't know. Maybe finding out why there is so little info would help.

Edited by hiflier

David Paulides (Missing 411) who literally built his missing persons investigations on Sasquatch as being the most likely protagonist. Multiple videos were uploaded, most of which are now curiously missing from YouTube. He appeared on Coast To Coast not too long ago stating; "I'm through with the Bigfoot thing..." He is now retelling the same stories, but has now replaced Sasquatch with "spirits of the forest" and UFO activity. The Dennis Martin case is one of the most perplexing I've heard. Mr. Paulides originally stated that the subject seen carrying the body Dennis Martin was described as a "Bigfoot". When he tells the story now, he describes it as "a wild man wearing animal skins."

Again I ask: Please show me anywhere that Paulides has definitively stated, without equivocation, what he believes is responsible for the disappearances.

The pneumonia thing has always struck me as odd, but after re-reading the ESPN article here: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9550462/cullen-finnerty-died-pneumonia-had-brain-disease, I was struck by the realization that this is the type of "pontoon boat" that Finnerty was piloting that evening:

IMG_20110611_094521.jpg

While in my mind, I had previously envisioned him aboard something like this:

pontoon.jpg

It it quite obvious how easily Finnerty could have fallen into the water while attempting to land the smaller craft (or at any time during his float, TBH). Inhaling even a relatively small amount of water could have begun the development of pneumonia. To me, that removes some of the mystery of the pneumonia diagnosis, but still, pneumonia (alone, at least) most certainly did not ultimately kill him.

Again I ask: Please show me anywhere that Paulides has definitively stated, without equivocation, what he believes is responsible for the disappearances.

I never said that! Here's what I said; "...his missing persons investigations on Sasquatch as being the most likely protagonist." 

Mr. Paulides never had an issue with Sasquatch as a possible protagonist. Then, in a single CTC interview with George Noory, he informs the listeners that he has decided to drop Sasquatch from the Missing 411 discussion. Why? That particular CTC interview can be found on YT. 

Mr. Paulides is a high-profile commentator. As such, he may have been instructed by the DOI to cease any further promotion of the "Sasquatch" topic. Sasquatch was never a sole culprit in his investigations, but merely one possibility. However, logic dictates that only a living thing could be responsible for some of these disappearances... So, given the oddity of details surrounding many of these cases, who or what it most likely candidate? 

Edited by 67Mopar

I never said that! Here's what I said; "...his missing persons investigations on Sasquatch as being the most likely protagonist." 

Mr. Paulides never had an issue with Sasquatch as a possible protagonist. Then, in a single CTC interview with George Noory, he informs the listeners that he has decided to drop Sasquatch from the Missing 411 discussion. Why? That particular CTC interview can be found on YT. 

Mr. Paulides is a high-profile commentator. As such, he may have been instructed by the DOI to cease any further promotion of the "Sasquatch" topic. Sasquatch was never a sole culprit in his investigations, but merely one possibility. However, logic dictates that only a living thing could be responsible for some of these disappearances... So, given the oddity of details surrounding many of these cases, who or what it most likely candidate? 

Mopar,

Are you positing that Paulides is now acting as a dis-information agent for the fed? Why would the fed care about his activities at this point?

Hey guys.

I realize this blog was written over two years ago. However, it still pertains to a few comments in this discussion, and it did answer my own question of what/who he does think is responsible for these tragic cases. This is from Mr. Paulides. I copied/pasted from his blog and included a link to that page. (If this was previously quoted I didn't see it. Sorry.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog #183 - March 14, 2013 - Reading and Understanding

"...One of the most astonishing and remarkable statements made in some posts about the “Missing 411†books is that WE name bigfoot as the culprit. Again, readers understand that I DO NOT name anything or anyone as a suspect in any disappearance. If you are able to identify who or what is doing this, I recommend you contact the appropriate law enforcement agency and file a report, quickly."

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/bigfootblog.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being new to this entire subject, I'm not sure what to make of all of these websites. I will say though, that there are many questions addressed there, that have been discussed here in various threads.

Mopar,

Are you positing that Paulides is now acting as a dis-information agent for the fed? Why would the fed care about his activities at this point?

Not at all! I'm just pointing out that he has dropped Sasquatch from the discussion. I would just like to know why? I will try to locate the interview. Please stand-by...

Mopar,

No, not at all. No information is not disinformation... It is non-information. The feds wouldn't care about his activities at this point, since the topic of Sasquatch has been sanitized from the conversation. 

Anyone who has been listening to Mr. Paulides interviews since 2012, who recalls his comments on BF, knows that the Missing 411 conversation has changed. So much so, that I have stopped listening to the interviews. Why did Mr. Paulides tell CTC AM (on-air) that he is through covering the topic of Bigfoot? He is entertaining ideas like "mind control", "UFO's", and "spirits in the woods", but not Sasquatch. Why? In every interview prior to his announcement, the host would invariably bring up the "Bigfoot" angle... Not anymore. He still talks about missing people in areas like Yosemite, Mt. Rainier, and the Appalachian mountains, etc... Under the new format, the topic of Sasquatch is no-longer mentioned. Not by Mr. Paulides - not by the host. 

No problem with discussing BF here... As a matter of fact, it's the primary topic! 

Here, he announces his departure from BF. I'd post the entire interview, but it is no-longer available on YT. He does not deny their existence, rather, he is quite convinced they exist. So, why would he decide to drop the topic? 

Edited by 67Mopar

The pneumonia thing has always struck me as odd, but after re-reading the ESPN article here: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9550462/cullen-finnerty-died-pneumonia-had-brain-disease, I was struck by the realization that this is the type of "pontoon boat" that Finnerty was piloting that evening:

It it quite obvious how easily Finnerty could have fallen into the water while attempting to land the smaller craft (or at any time during his float, TBH). Inhaling even a relatively small amount of water could have begun the development of pneumonia. To me, that removes some of the mystery of the pneumonia diagnosis, but still, pneumonia (alone, at least) most certainly did not ultimately kill him.

Here's a photo of his boat and where it was found.

50d6d7e3-04a7-4f0c-866b-c2c78657b8f5-mis

True he could have fell in, and maybe he did inhale some water, but the coroner said he contracted pneumonia from inhaling some of his own vomit.

Oops. Thanks for pointing that out, Rockape. I went back and read the pathologist's report again. You are correct, the COD was aspiration pneumonia. I had read it a while back and failed to remember that detail. I hereby rescind my previous statement. :D

Here, he announces his departure from BF. I'd post the entire interview, but it is no-longer available on YT. He does not deny their existence, rather, he is quite convinced they exist. So, why would he decide to drop the topic? 

Maybe it has something to do with making a fool of himself over the Bluff Creek Massacre thing? Or maybe being involved in the failed Ketchum study? Maybe he's just not selling as much merchandise and books as he had hoped? Could be a number of things.

• Upvote 1