Guest Crowlogic

dmaker
13 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

I certainly debunked Dennett's BS claim

Is that your own assessment?

Guest Bigfoothunter
47 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Is that your own assessment?

No it is not. Two other witnesses - two science articles - and a horse came to the same conclusion. You can also vouch for that assessment as you were made aware of it - have had ample time to test it - and its repeatable. You were supplied

And so to be clear - Dennett did not say that it was not possible that Patty could not make deeper tracks than a horse. He said based on weight alone that in theory it should not happen. Dennett was correct in part as he had Patty's weight to be less than a horse and her weight was supported by a larger surface area than a horse. What he missed was that he had left out the additional attributes that effect track depth mentioned in the science articles. I understood those additional attributes  and was filmed making tracks deeper than a horse made that was 3X my weight. End of story!

tracknumbers1b_zps612c4712 copy.jpg

Squatchy McSquatch
19 hours ago, PBeaton said:

In your opinion, an that's fine with me Squatchy McSquatch.

My response was to your goin' on about John havin' never seen one an the lack of relevance to the conversation on the BCM tracks ? The fact John has never seen a sasquatch bears no significance in his seein' hundreds of tracks, you know, what we're actually talkin' bout here.  

Have you ever actually seen an alleged sasquatch track ?

No Pat I haven't.

I've never seen unicorn dropping either.

dmaker

I saw a movie with a unicorn. More than one, actually. According to Sweaty's logic, I've seen a unicorn.

Backdoc
3 hours ago, dmaker said:

I saw a movie with a unicorn. More than one, actually. According to Sweaty's logic, I've seen a unicorn.

You have seen a Unicorn. It just so happens it was a man-made one by design appearing on film.  If we doubted that, any Hollywood Unicorn maker could replicate what you saw in a same or similar way.  That would highly suggest it was not real.

Might be nice if the same thing was accomplished with the PGF.

I want to see these two science articles that came to the same conclusion concerning footprint depth in man vs horse.  

Not one but two scientific endeavors set out to study, publish, and conclude the tantalizing question of who creates a deeper footprint man or horse.

From my understanding large animals like a horse or bigfoot strive to lessen the stress on their joints due their large mass.  A foot, gait, and footfall is favored which lessens peak forces and therfore lessens footprint depth.  It's not surprising then that a large animal would not have prints deeper or God forbid 5x as deep as that of a man.

Guest Bigfoothunter
4 hours ago, Faenor said:

I want to see these two science articles that came to the same conclusion concerning footprint depth in man vs horse.  

Not one but two scientific endeavors set out to study, publish, and conclude the tantalizing question of who creates a deeper footprint man or horse.

From my understanding large animals like a horse or bigfoot strive to lessen the stress on their joints due their large mass.  A foot, gait, and footfall is favored which lessens peak forces and therfore lessens footprint depth.  It's not surprising then that a large animal would not have prints deeper or God forbid 5x as deep as that of a man.

The first thing you should do is read 'Michael Dennett's Paper' and apply that to what you just posted.

SweatyYeti
23 hours ago, dmaker said:

Actually, according to my logic....your post is meaningless. 

You have seen Bigfoot, though. :) 

Guest Bigfoothunter
2 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

The first thing you should do is read 'Michael Dennett's Paper' and apply that to what you just posted.

Then Faenor - apply what Dennett theorized to this seen below. 

Class dismissed.

trackdepthtest1_zpsb1d72782.jpg

tracknumbers1b_zps612c4712 copy.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter
dmaker

^

How do we know your experiment was conducted in identical soil conditions to the pgf? That looks like mud, not sandy loam.  That experiment would be more helpful if you did at the pgf site. 

Given that and the lack of convincing evidence to unquestioningly place the track prints you provide at the pgf site, I find your experiment interesting but certainly not the home run you seem to think it is. 

EDIT: I was thinking this was a PGF thread. My mistake. But the point remains relevant. You conducted your experiment in common mud (it looks like anyway). Is this to support the depth of the track photos you present for both the pgf and bcm? Neither of which appear to be in mud, nor are they described as being in mud. 

Here are just a few quotes from you across various threads describing the substrate:

"Natural loamy sand..."

"...the sand had a loamy texture to it"

And id men could leave 1/4" deep tracks in the loamy sand

"...If you knew anything about loamay sand"

"The sand  was loamy"

"What I mean by this is that the soil was a mixture of soil/silt and sand"

I do not see sand or silt in the pictures from your experiment. Should the soil conditions not be the same?

Edited by dmaker
Cotter

Hi dmaker!

Well 'common mud' isn't really all that common as mud can be comprised of a variety of components.  Here's a link that describes mud vs silt vs sand vs clay.  

http://kremesti.com/water/silt_clay_mud.htm

Silt - Clay - Mud - Sand - Soil: What Is The Difference?

Silt is granular material of a size somewhere between sand and clay whose mineral origin is quartz (made up of a continuous framework of SiO4 silicon–oxygen tetrahedra, with each oxygen being shared between two tetrahedra, giving an overall formula SiO2) and feldspar ( KAlSi3O8 – NaAlSi3O8 – CaAl2Si2O8). Silt may occur as a soil or as suspended sediment (also known as suspended load) in a surface water body. It may also exist as soil deposited at the bottom of a water body. silt particles range between 0.0039 to 0.0625 mm or 3.9 and 62.5 micons.

Clays are formed from thin plate-shaped particles held together by electrostatic forces, so present a cohesion. According to the USDA Soil Texture Classification system, the sand-silt distinction is made at the 0.05 mm particle size. The USDA system has been adopted by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). In the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS) and the AASHTO Soil Classification system, the sand-silt distinction is made at the 0.075 mm particle size (i.e. material passing the #200 sieve). Silts and clays are distinguished mechanically by their plasticity (the deformation of a material undergoing non-reversible changes of shape in response to applied forces).

Mud is a mixture of water and some combination of soil, silt, and clay. Ancient mud deposits harden over geological time to form sedimentary rock such as shale or mudstone (generally called lutites). When geological deposits of mud are formed in estuaries the resultant layers are termed bay muds. Mud is closely related to slurry and sediment.

Sand is a naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles. The composition of sand is highly variable, depending on the local rock sources and conditions, but the most common constituent of sand in inland continental settings and non-tropical coastal settings is silica (silicon dioxide, or SiO2), usually in the form of quartz.

The second most common form of sand is calcium carbonate, for example aragonite, which has mostly been created, over the past half billion years, by various forms of life like coral and shellfish. It is, for example, the primary form of sand apparent in areas where reefs have dominated the ecosystem for millions of years, like the Caribbean.

Soil is composed of particles of broken rock that have been altered by chemical and mechanical processes that include weathering, erosion and precipitation. Soil is altered from its parent rock due to interactions between the lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and the biosphere.[2] It is a mixture of mineral and organic materials that are in solid, gaseous and aqueous states.[3][4] Soil is commonly referred to as earth or dirt; technically, the term dirt should be restricted to displaced soil.[5]

Soil forms a structure that is filled with pore spaces, and can be thought of as a mixture of solids, water and air (gas). Accordingly, soils are often treated as a three state system. Most soils have a density between 1 and 2 g/cm³. Little of the soil of planet Earth is older than the Tertiary and most no older than the Pleistocene.
Darkened topsoil and reddish subsoil layers are typical in some regions.

On a volume basis a good quality soil is one that is 45% minerals (sand, silt, clay), 25% water, 25% air, and 5% organic material, both live and dead. The mineral and organic components are considered a constant with the percentages of water and air the only variable parameters where the increase in one is balanced by the reduction in the other.

and loam:

loam
lōm/
noun

1. a fertile soil of clay and sand containing humus.
    • GEOLOGY
      a soil with roughly equal proportions of sand, silt, and clay.
    • a paste of clay and water with sand, chopped straw, etc., used in making bricks and plastering walls.
norseman

I don't think it matters, so long as the horse and human are being tested side by side. The rate of compaction may change in various substrates but the ultimate outcome of the test should remain the same.

• Upvote 1
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic