SweatyYeti

Bayanov And Bourtsev's Analytical Paper

SweatyYeti

This thread is for the analysis performed by Dimitri Bayanov and Igor Bourtsev, in the early 70's. Since the

resulting Paper they wrote is difficult to find on-line...or in print...I thought I'd create a thread for it....so it can gain a little more visibility. 

Here is a link to the webpage which has links to the Paper, in three different parts...

http://alamas.ru/eng/publicat/Bayanov_on_American_BF.htm

This Paper was published in the book... "THE SASQUATCH AND OTHER UNKNOWN HOMINOIDS" by Vladimir Markotic and Grover Krantz.   Unfortunately, though, the book is very hard to find...anywhere. 

Here is an excerpt from the article...(by Dimitri Bayanov)...on the website I linked to...:

"As the Markotic book is little known among Bigfoot investigators, Chris Murphy repruduced at my request our two articles contained in the book (my thanks to him!) and they are available below, together with the illustrations reproduced from America’s Bigfoot. . . I offer them here because the evidence we discuss, the 1967 Documentary (the PGF) in particular, has not been given its due yet. In this connection, I regard the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson as gross violation of human rights in America." D. Bayanov

I'm with him... :thumbsup:

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

dmaker

"the 1967 Documentary (the PGF) in particular, has not been given its due yet. In this connection, I regard the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson as gross violation of human rights in America." 

That is a ridiculous statement. Particularly so soon after such a hard fought battle for actual civil rights in America. People died to protect their civil rights. That is an insensitive, ignorant and embarrassingly callous comment to make.

The gross violation of civil rights were the people dragged out of their homes and hanged to death, or shot, or burned alive.  

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 2

MikeZimmer

This thread is for the analysis performed by Dimitri Bayanov and Igor Bourtsev, in the early 70's. Since the

resulting Paper they wrote is difficult to find on-line...or in print...I thought I'd create a thread for it....so it can gain a little more visibility. 

Here is a link to the webpage which has links to the Paper, in three different parts...

http://alamas.ru/eng/publicat/Bayanov_on_American_BF.htm

This Paper was published in the book... "THE SASQUATCH AND OTHER UNKNOWN HOMINOIDS" by Vladimir Markotic and Grover Krantz.   Unfortunately, though, the book is very hard to find...anywhere. 

Here is an excerpt from the article...(by Dimitri Bayanov)...on the website I linked to...:

"As the Markotic book is little known among Bigfoot investigators, Chris Murphy repruduced at my request our two articles contained in the book (my thanks to him!) and they are available below, together with the illustrations reproduced from America’s Bigfoot. . . I offer them here because the evidence we discuss, the 1967 Documentary (the PGF) in particular, has not been given its due yet. In this connection, I regard the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson as gross violation of human rights in America." D. Bayanov

I'm with him... :thumbsup:

Thanks for providing these links Sweaty. This is good material.

Mike

SweatyYeti

^

You're welcome, Mike. :)

There is some good/interesting analysis in their Paper.....and, as far as I know...it hasn't been easy to find, anywhere. At least for future reference....it will be easy to find.

SweatyYeti

"the 1967 Documentary (the PGF) in particular, has not been given its due yet. In this connection, I regard the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson as gross violation of human rights in America." 

That is a ridiculous statement. Particularly so soon after such a hard fought battle for actual civil rights in America. People died to protect their civil rights. That is an insensitive, ignorant and embarrassingly callous comment to make.

The gross violation of civil rights were the people dragged out of their homes and hanged to death, or shot, or burned alive.  

'Human rights' may not be the best choice of words, in this case, dmaker....but the thought he's trying to convey is 100% valid.

There is a moral element to how Roger and Bob have been treated, over the years. As far as I'm concerned...even if the Film was a hoax....it's such a **** good one, that Roger and Bob would deserve credit.....not verbal assaults. 

Bigfoothunter

I think you are confusing human rights with civil rights.

dmaker

Please explain the difference as you see it, BH, and how it is relevant. Whether it is civil rights or human rights, in this context, is mostly a semantic quibble on your part. I would hardly describe anything about the treatment of Roger and Bob as a "gross violation" of human or civil rights. To say so, cheapens the suffering of those who had to fight for basic human and civil rights. 

Perspective is sorely lacking in bigfootery sometimes. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

One deals with the right to being treated well.  Bayanov attributed it to the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Gimlin and Patterson. In other words he felt those two men were being labeled before a proper analysis of the film and site had been thoroughly studied. An example would be having someone claim the film was a hoax based on a 'gut feeling'.

Human rights extend far beyond virtues of citizenship. 

dmaker

I understand the difference. When someone normally refers to a "gross violation of human rights", one is not normally talking about accusing someone of hoaxing bigfoot evidence. 

Why don't you google gross violation of human rights and see how many times slander is mentioned?   The comparison was in bad taste. 

Hold on a second there, hoss. You're now saying that because I have, in the past, stated that my opinion is that the film is a hoax based on my gut reaction to it, is a gross violation of human rights?

SweatyYeti

^^

One deals with the right to being treated well.  Bayanov attributed it to the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Gimlin and Patterson. In other words he felt those two men were being labeled before a proper analysis of the film and site had been thoroughly studied. An example would be having someone claim the film was a hoax based on a 'gut feeling'.

'Before' or 'after' a scientific analysis doesn't really matter, BH. As I mentioned in my previous post....(in my opinion)....even if the Film was a hoax...it doesn't call for Roger and Bob to be villified. 

Simply because....regardless of what the Film shows....it is a ONE-of-a-kind film. It is a landmark film....the main subject stands/walks 'head and shoulders' above and beyond any other films/videos of it's kind.

In my book...Roger Patterson deserves credit, for accomplishing what he did.

As for the phrase 'human rights'....it could be replaced by something more appropriate....like...

In this connection, I regard the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson as gross violation of human respect, and dignity....in America.

Or, possibly some other terminology. The main point is.....there is a moral element to how they have been treated/mis-treated, over the years.

Edited by SweatyYeti

dmaker

Do you extend the same respect to other possible hoxers?

OkieFoot

'Human rights' may not be the best choice of words, in this case, dmaker....but the thought he's trying to convey is 100% valid.

There is a moral element to how Roger and Bob have been treated, over the years. As far as I'm concerned...even if the Film was a hoax....it's such a **** good one, that Roger and Bob would deserve credit.....not verbal assaults. 

Exactly.

If the Film was truly a hoax, Roger and Bob should have been in great demand in Hollywood by Universal and Disney and others that created creatures for movies. After all, if it was a fake, RP and BG  had accomplished something no one in Hollywood had ever done.  

If a couple of cowboys could outdo Hollywood, they would deserve praise and not criticism.

Edited by OkieFoot
  • Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

dmaker wrote:

Do you extend the same respect to other possible hoxers? 

You mean like Todd Standing....and his Muppets?? :haha:  I have no respect for him....or his filming "accomplishments".

I give respect to people who deserve respect....such as Roger Patterson....regardless of whether he filmed a real, near-human being, or a guy dressed-up in a suit. For the reason I explained above. :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Bigfoothunter

dmaker:

Hold on a second there, hoss. You're now saying that because I have, in the past, stated that my opinion is that the film is a hoax based on my gut reaction to it, is a gross violation of human rights?

I would not say that a gut feeling is a violation of human rights. If anything, it would be a gross violation of investigative ethics to accuse someone of hoaxing without having conducted a thorough inquiry.

When someone normally refers to a "gross violation of human rights", one is not normally talking about accusing someone of hoaxing bigfoot evidence.

Who cares what someone normally means .....  he was quite clear as how he  saw it.  "I regard the disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson as gross violation of human rights in America"

Edited by Bigfoothunter

dmaker

Do you agree that the "...disrespectful, suspicious and slanderous treatment of Robert Gimlin and the late Roger Patterson..." qualifies as a "...gross violation of human rights..."?