BigTreeWalker

Tracks At Bumping Lake In Wa.

BC witness

Thank you, Crowlogic, for taking the time to rewatch the video all the way through. I too feel that it could have been handled in a more professional, or "scientific" manner, but they did at least document most of the trackway, unlike many other vids, they did measure the different tracks against a visible scale, and they didn't trample the tracks to oblivion, so they're way ahead of most track reports that we've seen in the past.

I'm not convinced that these are unmistakable Sasquatch tracks, but the described circumstances do seem to indicate that it is unlikely to be human prints, unless they're deliberately hoaxed. I'd love to see these prints studied by someone like Meldrum, and a full report of the study posted for all to see.

As for the source's previous offerings, I have no experience of them, so a link would be nice, to judge for myself.

Edited by BC witness

slabdog

Looks like the lowest temperature that day in nearby Goose Prairie WA was 48 degrees, not 32 degrees or below as explained.  That said, valleys and large bodies of water can have impact on temps.

historical weather 

Regardless, that looks like it would be a tough place to navigate in the night time with bare feet , especially given all the rocks.

My question would be - 

What are time line parameters?  

Are they sure those tracks were not there the evening before?

Have they determined that the tracks were laid at night?

salubrious

I agree that some of the tracks were made by a living foot. One of the tracks, however,  seems bit odd (2:35). I have added circles to highlight the areas I question. Anybody seen these characteristics before?

Yes. All those pressure releases are aspects within the lateral ridge that describe motion elsewhere in the body. The red circle by the small toe has to do with balance. The one around the "mid tarsel break" is called a 'dish' and indicates slow forward movement. The heel area indicates that the owner led the foot print with the heel- showing a certain amount of confidence of the surface material (otherwise would have led the print with the small toe).

• Upvote 1

BigTreeWalker

Not sure where that weather station is. It says nearest airport. No airport in Goose Prairie. I clicked on it and it took me to Enumclaw, which is on the west side of the Pacific Crest. Not the same! However, I did find a weather station called Mbum on the lake. It registered temps in the low to mid 30s for the weekend of the 3 & 4 of Oct. So surface ice or frost was possible. The 9th was the day the video was posted.

I don't know if these tracks were BF juveniles or not. Without seeing them in person I withhold my decision one way or the other. Would definitely like to see the casts they took. The idea that some of the multitude of tracks were fake and others made by a live individual is ludicrous. That there was someone out there in the dark walking around in the mud and rocks also seems ludicrous to me, but it takes all kinds I guess. One other possibility is that the tracks were already there and they missed them. Don't see how they could do that but there are dog tracks supposedly from the previous day in amongst the trackways. And there is no dog in the video that morning. Unless they found the tracks earlier that morning when the dog was with them, then they took the dog back to camp to make the posted video. I mention this to try to get an idea of the actual age of the tracks. There are no expert trackers in their group so if by chance they missed them the day before who knows how old they are. They could have been made the day before they arrived at their campsite.

The choices to me are BF or human and the jury, as far as I am concerned, is still out.

The Bumping Lake area is interesting because it it surrounded by the 264 sq. mi. William O. Douglas wilderness area. Rugged wild country.

Thanks for that description salubrious, and having the patience to explain it. I understand these things from years of tracking, but to be able to explain it like that, not so much.

Edited by BigTreeWalker

daveedoe

Thank you, Crowlogic, for taking the time to rewatch the video all the way through. I too feel that it could have been handled in a more professional, or "scientific" manner, but they did at least document most of the trackway, unlike many other vids, they did measure the different tracks against a visible scale, and they didn't trample the tracks to oblivion, so they're way ahead of most track reports that we've seen in the past.

I'm not convinced that these are unmistakable Sasquatch tracks, but the described circumstances do seem to indicate that it is unlikely to be human prints, unless they're deliberately hoaxed. I'd love to see these prints studied by someone like Meldrum, and a full report of the study posted for all to see.

As for the source's previous offerings, I have no experience of them, so a link would be nice, to judge for myself.

Here is a link to Squatch'n with Barb and Gabby, Barb has a lot of videos, some are interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Barbshupe1964/videos

JiggyPotamus

There are definitely some barefoot human tracks mixed in there with the alleged sasquatch tracks. There are impressions that could in no way be human, anatomically-speaking, thus they must either be hoaxes or authentic sasquatch tracks. At first I assumed that all of the tracks were human, but once I saw the shape of some of them I automatically drew these conclusions. Obviously since I do not know the individuals involved, the area, what is in the vicinity, etc., I cannot really hypothesize where a hoax is concerned. It is certainly possible that those who discovered the tracks perpetrated the hoax, and it is also possible, albeit less likely, that someone unknown these individuals created the tracks. I think we are going to be left in this quandary, unless there is something I'm missing. It did not appear that the stride length was very large, and I would definitely have more faith in their authenticity as this length between tracks grows, mainly because the larger this distance the more difficult it is to hoax. So again, the tracks are either real or hoaxes. One thing is certain though- the impressions themselves appear to be quite defined and pristine. These types of tracks are not found as often as partial tracks that are not so well-defined.

BigTreeWalker

If they are sasquatch tracks (to me that's still a big if), they would have to be juvenile tracks, as they assume in the video. That being said, we probably can't assume adult sasquatch step and stride lengths or all the track characteristics of an adult. Just as young humans and adult humans vary. Of course as usual they got step and stride confused so it is hard to figure out what they are measuring on the trackways. One place they were measuring steps and calling them strides. At one point I heard them say 42" and I believe they were measuring a stride. Which is easily in human capabilities. That would be a 21" step. But in another place the guy tried to match a step and almost fell down. So there's definitely a little confusion in the video.

OkieFoot

Apparently, Crowlogic, you didn't watch the video attached in the first post; there were definitely numerous casts made of tracks of various sizes, and dermal ridges were mentioned by the videographer more than once.

True, she did mention seeing dermal ridges several times. Did she ever say which direction the dermal ridges ran? I thought dermal ridges on a Bigfoot supposedly ran a different direction than in humans.

It was interesting how a number of the tracks were much deeper than the people's own bootprints right by the tracks.

BigTreeWalker

Most of those footprints are smaller than the boot prints next to them. So a smaller surface area if both individuals weighed the same would impress further into the mud. If the barefooted individual weighed more, then the depth would increase accordingly.

Airdale

When the man tried to match the step, they were measuring from the toe of one foot to the toe of the other at between 36" and 40". While that wouldn't be too difficult for an adult human to match on dry, level ground, it was obviously hazardous to try under those conditions. I'm sure that Barb's dog, Gabby, was present as she mentioned that his water bowl froze over that night. The one thing that they didn't do is say where the tracks ended, unless I missed something. They said the tracks came from the forest near a "tree structure", and obviously meandered all over the beach, but I don't recall anything about where they ended. Guess I better watch it again! One item I do recall that was interesting, while they were following four sets of adjacent tracks, all different sizes, the smallest set on the left took off and looped around, then obliquely crossed the other three sets a ways down the beach from left to right. 

BigTreeWalker

The point I was trying to make about Gabby in one of my previous posts was when she was down on the shore. Her tracks are seen with the trackways. I was using the dog's tracks to verify when the tracks occurred. If Gabby was only down there the evening before there is no way they could have missed the trackways. If the dog's tracks were made in that area in the morning then they could have missed the trackways the night before. Meaning they could be older than stated. Also meaning they could be human made during daylight hours on a previous day. Would still like to see the casts.

daveedoe

BTW I'm not sure if Barb still works at the Greenwater store but it might be worth a trip up there, she would probably show you the casts.

BigTreeWalker

I have talked to her in emails about some other evidence she found with teeth marks in it. She might be willing to show me the track casts if I were to arrange it.

HOLDMYBEER

I agree that some of the tracks were made by a living foot. One of the tracks, however,  seems bit odd (2:35). I have added circles to highlight the areas I question. Anybody seen these characteristics before?

Yes. All those pressure releases are aspects within the lateral ridge that describe motion elsewhere in the body. The red circle by the small toe has to do with balance. The one around the "mid tarsel break" is called a 'dish' and indicates slow forward movement. The heel area indicates that the owner led the foot print with the heel- showing a certain amount of confidence of the surface material (otherwise would have led the print with the small toe).

So can you eliminate these? They make many models.

post-1736-0-40019800-1445693598_thumb.pn

post-1736-0-60702600-1445693714_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

BigTreeWalker

Probably not with the photo quality. But it shouldn't be too hard with the casts. Those seams on the bottom of the ones you show would definitely be apparent in the casts.

• Upvote 1