Todd Standing Finally Exposed?

Guest Maxtag

I'm pretty sure he pulled them himself right after the conference when things started heating up due to the fact that he couldn't produce the evidence he had promised.  He did a disappearing act.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I doubt that anyone could shut down his "operation," unless blatant fraud was proven or something like that. What chelefoot mentioned is a much more likely scenario, although I do not keep up with what goes on with the various personalities within the community and thus do not have firsthand knowledge. My lack of interest and knowledge about the "politics" of the community in general is also the reason that in certain instances I have been slow to move to the right side of a position- such as some of the Ketchum stuff. Anyway, I skimmed through a couple of the videos norseman posted, and as always I started to get annoyed by listening to Standing and thus could not watch everything. I did notice that the Youtube user that norseman linked to has some other videos about Standing, and I also noticed that there were individuals in the comments section bad-mouthing the Youtube guy because he was talking about Standing in a less than flattering light. I just found that slightly puzzling, and I think it indicates that there are certain individuals who may not view Standing as a hoaxer.

Regardless, we know that all the "evidence" Standing has presented has been highly questionable at best, and obvious fraud at worst. Standing's wife also described herself as a make-up artist, which is interesting to me, since obviously such skills would come in quite handy if creating a bigfoot hoax. We also know that around the same time Standing was hiring actors for a bigfoot movie. Of course everyone knows all of this stuff, but the point I want to make is that as the majority of the community has come to gang up against him, he has to either try to explain the many inconsistencies in his statements and evidence, or realize that he has dug a hole much to deep to climb out of, meaning he has to hang it up. There is one thing that bothers me about this latter option though. From what I have noticed about other hoaxers, at least those who actually create hoaxes for personal gain, they never really seem to give up completely. They likely know they can always keep squeezing those gains by keeping up the hoax or creating new hoaxes, even if the gain has declined considerably from what it once was. I asked the question a good while back of why hoaxers, when their hoaxes are so blatantly obvious, would think that they could get away with another one when they've repeatedly failed...and I think the aspect of personal gain plays a large role. So my point is that I have a feeling that we have not seen the last of Standing. He is too invested in his hoaxes in my opinion to just drop everything, even if the community has turned against him considerably. He likely still has supporters and this is enough to keep a certain share of the "bigfoot market." Especially since he has appeared on television multiple times. I forgot about that actually. Think of how many people do not know the truth about the man. Yep, he will be back... I am certain of it. But I also feel that he will continue to be more and more careful with his claims and his "evidence." He might step up the conservation aspect just to make more of a name for himself, which is why I think he took that route in the first place.

I really didn't know who this guy was until I clicked on some of the links - and then I also saw some videos of faces this guy presented as bigfoots.

I know that I can't prove anything, but at least on the one I saw up close - his eyes were quite large, and much higher up on his head.  That dark one looks like a B movie wolfman. 

This Todd fellow was with Survivorman?  I bet he's ticked.

Edited by FarArcher

and Meldrum and Bindernagel.

But I really dont blame those guys for going over and taking a look. It was worth a shot. I think they just looked at all the smoke with no or little fire and quietly walked away.

If you are Todd whats left?

Was there any press releases parting ways with les stroud. Meldrum. Bindernagel. Sonya Zohar? Etc etc ?

Lol at Whonever this Snow Walker guy is on the video Norse posted. He seems to really love Todd. Funny Video. THX

Then I'd pay more money to see snow walker interview standing than for a ppv documentary from sylvanic...

Kinda bummed honestly. Was really hoping somehow some of that evidence was real.

I did not hold my breath....... although I like using his blinky head video to torture skeptics with.

No CLEAR video??? Muahahahaaaaaa!

Its a hoax? How do you know?

You'll just know real footage when you see it? Riiiight.

I assume there are others who've seen critters here.

Were the eyes not much higher on the head than a human?  And a lot bigger?  I mean, these things have a big head.

BFF Patron

I doubt that anyone could shut down his "operation," unless blatant fraud was proven or something like that. What chelefoot mentioned is a much more likely scenario, although I do not keep up with what goes on with the various personalities within the community and thus do not have firsthand knowledge. My lack of interest and knowledge about the "politics" of the community in general is also the reason that in certain instances I have been slow to move to the right side of a position- such as some of the Ketchum stuff. Anyway, I skimmed through a couple of the videos norseman posted, and as always I started to get annoyed by listening to Standing and thus could not watch everything. I did notice that the Youtube user that norseman linked to has some other videos about Standing, and I also noticed that there were individuals in the comments section bad-mouthing the Youtube guy because he was talking about Standing in a less than flattering light. I just found that slightly puzzling, and I think it indicates that there are certain individuals who may not view Standing as a hoaxer.

Regardless, we know that all the "evidence" Standing has presented has been highly questionable at best, and obvious fraud at worst. Standing's wife also described herself as a make-up artist, which is interesting to me, since obviously such skills would come in quite handy if creating a bigfoot hoax. We also know that around the same time Standing was hiring actors for a bigfoot movie. Of course everyone knows all of this stuff, but the point I want to make is that as the majority of the community has come to gang up against him, he has to either try to explain the many inconsistencies in his statements and evidence, or realize that he has dug a hole much to deep to climb out of, meaning he has to hang it up. There is one thing that bothers me about this latter option though. From what I have noticed about other hoaxers, at least those who actually create hoaxes for personal gain, they never really seem to give up completely. They likely know they can always keep squeezing those gains by keeping up the hoax or creating new hoaxes, even if the gain has declined considerably from what it once was. I asked the question a good while back of why hoaxers, when their hoaxes are so blatantly obvious, would think that they could get away with another one when they've repeatedly failed...and I think the aspect of personal gain plays a large role. So my point is that I have a feeling that we have not seen the last of Standing. He is too invested in his hoaxes in my opinion to just drop everything, even if the community has turned against him considerably. He likely still has supporters and this is enough to keep a certain share of the "bigfoot market." Especially since he has appeared on television multiple times. I forgot about that actually. Think of how many people do not know the truth about the man. Yep, he will be back... I am certain of it. But I also feel that he will continue to be more and more careful with his claims and his "evidence." He might step up the conservation aspect just to make more of a name for himself, which is why I think he took that route in the first place.

It was Standing's sister the makeup artist and faux email supporter in his earlier life as a hoaxer.