Wally - Walas Bigfoot Suit And Patty.

kitakaze

Chris Walas's suit is a lame shame.  We've actually done talking about it.  It's so obviously a suit (and you know Patty is so obviously real next to it and so obviously a different species from H.sapiens in suitus) that this thread - and all like it - were shoot shovel shut up from the get go.

The following are pieces of footage other than the PGF which Sweaty considers to be impressive...

I've always thought it was impressive someone could run that fast while wearing a bigfoot suit with big floppy feet. But then, at that distance they could have been wearing track shoes and we couldn't tell.

DWA,

To be fair, we should in fact see the extra material Kit will be providing soon.  At first glance I am not impressed but a thread is devoted to it and Kit has promised to offer more when Walas gets it to him after Halloween.

We only have a couple photos to review. This is from a movie as is the PGF.  Lets see the thing move and see how it holds up. Then this thread will be fired up.

BD.

Much of WRMP's content was previously available through the Munns Report, the rhi papers and elsewhere.

Bill released images of his 'costume test' and the naked painted ladies right here on this forum long before WRMP was printed.

Hence Kit's readiness to write a rebuttal.

This link contains Kit's review, as well as former member Tontar's review

http://www.amazon.com/When-Roger-Patty-William-Munns/product-reviews/1500534021/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt_rgt?reviewerType=all_reviews&formatType=all_formats&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

Squatch,

That has nothing to do with it.

Back to the facts you wish to ignore in your defense of Kit's hypocrisy:

Kit accused a poster of doing exactly what he did.  He did not have or review the whole work or even half the work of WRMP. He did make some assumptions by reading the Table of Contents I gather.

There is no defense to that hypocrisy.  None.

If you can't understand that, I have a carpet ape suit I can sell you.

BD

Edited by Backdoc

DWA,

To be fair, we should in fact see the extra material Kit will be providing soon.  At first glance I am not impressed but a thread is devoted to it and Kit has promised to offer more when Walas gets it to him after Halloween.

We only have a couple photos to review. This is from a movie as is the PGF.  Lets see the thing move and see how it holds up. Then this thread will be fired up.

Nah.  We're done.  I'm tired of "being fair" to people who don't know what they're doing, or talking about, and acting like it's everyone *else* who has that problem.

One does not need film (any more than I needed it after seeing Frame 352 of P/G).  The figure has human proportions - consistently NOT reported in sasquatch sightings - and a baggy saggy butt.  Nothing is being served here but the usual scoftical crapload.

Edited by DWA

Squatch,

Kit accused a poster of doing exactly what he did.  He did not have or review the whole work or even half the work of WRMP. He did make some assumptions by reading the Table of Contents I gather.

BD

Backdoc,

What's equally funny...or sad...was how kitakaze had mentioned his distaste for Long's first chapter of his book, how it grates him so that he will never read it again. Yet his Amazon review is pretty much the same, tryin' to belittle an attack Bill with stuff like... " time and again is dragged down by self-congratulatory wanderings and the transparent fact that Munns clearly wants the book to be as much a discussion about himself as it is about the film."   or   ".. the average, impartial reader not familiar with Munns or his previous forays into Internet culture will time and again throughout the book be subjected to sudden, seething, highly unclinical outbursts of anger.."   or    ".. too much time with self-fascination and self-backpatting. The non-Munns fan Bigfoot enthusiast is going to quickly tire of Munns spending too much time talking about himself in non-sequitur ruminations and fist-shaking rants against skeptical criticism."   or   "..obscure FX creator.."  ".. he relies on pseudo-logic that reads far too much sophistry into the limited film data and rejects any flaws as something a professional makeup artist would not due." 

I guess it's not so funny...just sad really.

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton
  • Upvote 1

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

It's as sad as they claiming a man wearing a wood carving made a deep track in the ground, while not caring how that is supported by another man being able to only walk on top of the ground.

track%20depth%20compared%20to%20shoe%20p

The following are pieces of footage other than the PGF which Sweaty considers to be impressive...

I've always thought it was impressive someone could run that fast while wearing a bigfoot suit with big floppy feet. But then, at that distance they could have been wearing track shoes and we couldn't tell.

There are a few impressive aspects of the Memorial Day Video, Rockape. 

Several years ago, I was able to obtain a full copy of the footage...with the audio track. One aspect the video shares in common with the PGF is the extended length of the video. It isn't seen in the LMS version of the footage....but Lori continued filming for a significant length of time after the subject disappeared from view.  

This particular aspect is different from the vast majority of hoaxed Bigfoot footages. Most of them you see on YouTube are very short, in duration. 

One other detail...Lori's father, Larry, became interested in the subject of Bigfoot after their encounter. I had a short conversation with him via email....and he was very supportive of Lori and Owen's story/video. Since it is extremely unlikely that Lori hoaxed her own father....the probability that the video is a hoax executed by the Pate's is extremely low....(effectively 'nil').

Of course, one could then just say that the Pate's were hoaxed....but the problem with that explanation is Owen's verbal testimony. He claimed he saw a Bigfoot creature at fairly close range while he was higher-up on the hillside, before the footage was shot. It was because of his sighting that he went back down to the campsite, and asked Lori to get the camcorder ready to shoot. 

If the Pate's were being hoaxed...then there isn't any reason to think Owen was lying about seeing a creature...at close range.

So, there are problems with both hoax scenarios....the Pate's executing a hoax...and the Pate's being hoaxed. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest Bigfoothunter

DWA,

Nah.  We're done.  I'm tired of "being fair" to people who don't know what they're doing, or talking about, and acting like it's everyone *else* who has that problem.

One does not need film (any more than I needed it after seeing Frame 352 of P/G).  The figure has human proportions - consistently NOT reported in sasquatch sightings - and a baggy saggy butt.  Nothing is being served here but the usual scoftical crapload.

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013           That goes for me too, DWA.    

Guest Crowlogic

There are a few impressive aspects of the Memorial Day Video, Rockape. 

Several years ago, I was able to obtain a full copy of the footage...with the audio track. One aspect the video shares in common with the PGF is the extended length of the video. It isn't seen in the LMS version of the footage....but Lori continued filming for a significant length of time after the subject disappeared from view.  

This particular aspect is different from the vast majority of hoaxed Bigfoot footages. Most of them you see on YouTube are very short, in duration. 

One other detail...Lori's father, Larry, became interested in the subject of Bigfoot after their encounter. I had a short conversation with him via email....and he was very supportive of Lori and Owen's story/video. Since it is extremely unlikely that Lori hoaxed her own father....the probability that the video is a hoax executed by the Pate's is extremely low....(effectively 'nil').

Of course, one could then just say that the Pate's were hoaxed....but the problem with that explanation is Owen's verbal testimony. He claimed he saw a Bigfoot creature at fairly close range while he was higher-up on the hillside, before the footage was shot. It was because of his sighting that he went back down to the campsite, and asked Lori to get the camcorder ready to shoot. 

If the Pate's were being hoaxed...then there isn't any reason to think Owen was lying about seeing a creature...at close range.

So, there are problems with both hoax scenarios....the Pate's executing a hoax...and the Pate's being hoaxed. 

People believe Todd Standing too.

Thanks Salubrious and BigfootHunter. Were you close enough to see their faces? One thing that has always bugged me about Patty is the facial hair.

I was close enough but the subject did not turn to look at me; I only saw a side profile. FWIW it was completely covered with hair, although the hair was lighter in some places including the hair near its face and beneath its arms.

People believe Todd Standing too.

The Memorial Day Video is not as simplistic a picture as just believing, or not believing, one individual's verbal testimony. 

I'll go over it again for you, Crow...

In order for the 'Pate's created a hoax' scenario to be true....it would require Owen, Lori, Lori's father, Tom Lines, and others to be lying....including at least one child.

In order for the 'Pate's were hoaxed' scenario to be true....one has to account for the up-close sighting testimony of Owen Pate....along with the evidence contained in the video....which includes an odd lifted object, on the film subject's shoulders.

Edited by SweatyYeti

I have always considered the Memorial Day footage problematical because the figure doesn't appear to me to be doing anything a human would find impossible.

That said:  glibly tossing it off as a hoax is unacceptable, for reasons already given, to which I would just add:  it is distinctly and I mean as distinctly as P/G unlike any hoax video I have seen.

Every and I mean every hoax video has hoax markers.  This one, like P/G, has none.

Squatch,

BD

Backdoc,

What's equally funny...or sad...was how kitakaze had mentioned his distaste for Long's first chapter of his book, how it grates him so that he will never read it again. Yet his Amazon review is pretty much the same, tryin' to belittle an attack Bill with stuff like... " time and again is dragged down by self-congratulatory wanderings and the transparent fact that Munns clearly wants the book to be as much a discussion about himself as it is about the film."   or   ".. the average, impartial reader not familiar with Munns or his previous forays into Internet culture will time and again throughout the book be subjected to sudden, seething, highly unclinical outbursts of anger.."   or    ".. too much time with self-fascination and self-backpatting. The non-Munns fan Bigfoot enthusiast is going to quickly tire of Munns spending too much time talking about himself in non-sequitur ruminations and fist-shaking rants against skeptical criticism."   or   "..obscure FX creator.."  ".. he relies on pseudo-logic that reads far too much sophistry into the limited film data and rejects any flaws as something a professional makeup artist would not due." 

I guess it's not so funny...just sad really.

Pat...

Continuing the thoughts on Long's book, I am intrigued by how much of his own story he put into it, and how he keeps the literary style of writing so prominant. Just as a matter of personal taste or preference, I think his effort would have been the better if he'd spent less time talking about himself. 

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic