"bigfoot Captured" On History Channel

david75090

I noticed this on the schedule for Monday, the 9th of November. Looks like a new series. I'm guessing, the usual fare. Hearing but not seeing. Thought it might be of interest.

Yeah...it has been previously posted....'Bigfoot' day on History Channel today...

all the Monster Quests/Ancient Aliens & Bigfoot Definitive Guide are running all day and night...

with the 'Bigfoot Captured' premiering tonight...the 'captured' part is referring to a photographer who claims to have 'captured' a Bigfoot on film....geeeesh

and it's another one about a 'group' and a cage building part....copying the Mountain/Alaska Monster show...

the trailer for it is here:

http://www.committeefilms.com/news/bigfoot-captured-airs

Guest Crowlogic

Maybe they should just start a Bigfoot Channel.............  They can run the PGF 24/7 and have serious sounding voices describing it.

Edited by Crowlogic

Not wasting my time on this crap, will watch Fargo instead.

Fargo is fiction, not a true story, just so you don't think it is. I know, looked it up on the internet. $20.00 please.

I'll put it on the DVR list and get around to watching it eventually, broke my ankle last week so I do have a bit more time on my hands then usual. However I'm not expecting much.

Ugh. Watching it now as background noise.  The cage group just "circled up" before going into the woods - they're going to cover "at least 5 miles today."  It has a found footage/Blair Witch Project feel to it. Not sure it's worth even extra twisted ankle TV time.  Although just as I mention this, they have a short segment on Dr. Meldrum doing a 3D printing of a hypothetical bigfoot skeleton. 

Well, after having the whole thing on for the last two hours or so, I'll just note that I own a bridge in Brooklyn that I'm willing to sell cheap should anyone wish to buy it from me. The odd thing is that there is very reasonable clips of Drs. Meldrum and Bindernagle mixed in with the tripe. One can only hope that they were conned or that someone has used footage from another show to fill out the run-time on this one. I'm not sure if my favorite part was the rough and tumble field guide going nuts and yelling, "we have to get out our guns now!" (what are you doing in the woods in a supposedly dangerous situation without your weapons out?) or the two guys with guns shooting one of their group in a midnight shoot-out with boulder (not rock) throwing bigfoots, then going, "you're lucky we were using rubber bullets," or the hunters using the same weapons to shoot at bigfoot and to tranquilize bigfoot.

I'll caveat this with one thing - I missed the first three minutes, so if there was a disclaimer saying "This is a wildly fictionalized show about how a bigfoot might be captured," I missed it. 

Like the Megalodon show on Discovery - used some interesting factual items blended in with utter fiction - and then the follow-up Mermaid fiasco, this was cut from that same pattern.

I'm not saying it blows, but it blows.  Even all the acting.

That's two hours (intermittently) I won't get back.

And the nose was wrong, and the eyes were all wrong.  Just for the record.