Stan Norton

Would An Image Like This Convince You?

gigantor

Good thread, I'm not saying the pic is not legit, just that if it were a BF, there would be doubts in my mind because there is no context, it looks like a studio shot.

Edited by gigantor

Stan Norton

Ah. Which is my point: we know it's kosher but it looks iffy! Is there any hope???

DWA

The denial is too strong among the public and the mainstream for one anything to do anything to move the needle much.  Which, as I believe I have said on this thread, doesn't mean that those things don't help.  I am sure that the ones I think compelling changed other people's minds.  Other than a body strung up next to the President of the United States as he makes the announcement to a stunned world - why am I not betting that's how it will happen? - all one can hope for any single thing to do is move the needle.

A little bit.

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

The body is definitely required. Anything else presented is simply conjecture. . Blurry pictures, questionable  foot print casts, eyewitness  fantasies,,inconclusive DNA  have  no place in real science. 

OntarioSquatch

Thermal imaging is way too easy to fake. Check out this fake thermal video of a zombie attack

Edited by OntarioSquatch

DWA

But see that's not a "zombie attack," that's a buncha guys with the words "zombie attack" stitched on.  No reason to believe otherwise; as I like to say:  human proportions + human movements = HUMAN.

Then there's the Grays Harbor video (shot in an area where a lot of other stuff was going on) and this one:

http://cliffbarackman.com/research/field-investigations/the-brown-footage/

One is really stretching things to assert, given backstory and Cliff's analysis, that that's a human.  In fact any such assertion rests solely on assumptions.  (Like the one that goes, "they're lying fake lying fakers," and do people run around lying and faking?  Our daily experience should be enough to tell us, no, they don't, particularly about stuff you are ridiculed for asserting.  We can't say we know what it is for absolute certain, or that a fake is impossible.  But it's intriguing; and one thing people in this field need to get is that "intriguing" = LEAD, to be followed.  It's after that that we have all the other problems, such as:  not knowing travel patterns; researchers have real jobs; etc.

The crippling affliction of bigfoot skeptics is "proof or trash?" Unfortunately, most proponents suffer from it too.

Edited by DWA

OntarioSquatch

Animated characters and their movements are becoming more and more realistic every year. All someone needs to do is create a thermal heat signature overlay for an animation like this with Sasquatch in it and it'll look identical to real life

On5mXq8.jpg

Something simple like this is very easy to fake:

fUU2NiK.jpg

This is why thermal videos are pointless IMO. If someone plans on getting video of a Sasquatch, they'll have to get regular video in high definition, otherwise their video will be quickly dismissed.

Crowlogic

There are billions of published photos of everything this world contains.  When it comes to determining the reality of a real flesh and blood example of an animate object each and every one of us has had a lifetime of images to draw comparisons from.  In the case of bigfoot all we have are poor nearly useless photos or good obviously fake photos.  The best bigfoot photos of recent times is Todd Standings fakes.  In Standing's photos we have clear well lit well focused shots of fake animal heads.   It's unfortunate that we don't have a community/subculture of people wanting or needing to fake photos of known similar animals.  Let's assume for a moment there was indeed a community needing to fake photos of chimps or bears that are published the way bigfoot get's published.  I'm certain that the fakes would be very easily weeded out because virtually everyone has internalized what actual photos and videos of these animals look like.  

If a photo of a bigfoot were to be released with the same quality as this photo it would convince me that the photo is of a real animal.  However we have never even come close to this kind of detail or sense of living flesh and blood in bigfoot photos.

gorilla-face-closeup_zpsui0jc2ih.jpg

OntarioSquatch

Realistic sculptures can be created. Here's one that was made by Bill Munns

aeybehW.jpg

Crowlogic

Realistic sculptures can be created. Here's one that was made by Bill Munns

How does it compare to my photo?  Could you zoom in on it in broad daylight?  Would there be life in the eyes?  How would it look moving?  Now I've presented my standard of what impresses me as real living animal.  It wasn't difficult to find that photo took all of 30 seconds.  100 more of the same quality could be posted in the space of a lunchtime.  

Edited by Crowlogic

MIB

This is why thermal videos are pointless IMO.

"Pointless" seems too strong a term.  Thermal video is, at least at current level of technology available to the public, not a viable end game but it still has value to a researcher.   Any tool in the tool box which can be used to make the others more effective has a value.   If what I see on a "therm" helps me refine where I want to set up trail cameras, hair traps, look for tracks, etc and keeps me from wasting efforts somewhere else, the therm has contributed value. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

salubrious

There are a couple of thermal videos that really haven't been debunked and I'm not talking about the floating cow.

SWWASAS

I think one use of the thermal might be very useful and I never hear of it being used that way.     On cold winter days, especially without direct sunlight on a cloudy day,  daylight use could really highlight a BF in the woods making like a stump.   People that have them seem to only use them at night.   Of course we have a big segment of researchers that think field work has to be done at night, thanks to a certain television show.    In the summer,  or more temperate months, their daytime use would pretty much be useless since anything sunlit would be a big heat bloom.    But the colder the temperature the more something warm like BF will stand out from the woods around them.     If it is near freezing one would think even the expelled air from a BF breathing would be a significant heat bloom.     Can someone with a thermal weigh in on that?   I am curious if human breath can be detected  at near freezing temperatures.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Teegunn

There are a couple of thermal videos that really haven't been debunked and I'm not talking about the floating cow.

I assume the Brown thermal is one of them?  Could you possibly link threads to the thermals you are referencing?  Thanks!