georgerm

Look Again: Bigfoot Filmed Independence Day

Crowlogic

Crowlogic can you be more specific about Blevins?

Jeff Kelly at Squatcher's Lounge did an episode on it. 

Edited by Crowlogic

OkieFoot

That was a Blevins job.

Leroy Blevins has stated he did not make the video.

Wheellug

Still going with suit and prop for this one. 

If you enlarge the view and try stopping as it moves.. 

Head.. its got a high forehead and the domus is not in the back, but mid to front to give the appearance of a sagital crest.

2 distinct catches or gaps, back of the head, and on the upper back - ones, the kind you would see as the fabric off the head piece rest on the upper back/shoulder.

The side view shows a flat back, not contoured to shape, squared raised shoulders, Indicative of a suit.

Arms - elbow position is like that of any person, shorter arms.  

Legs, lower legs are stove pipes, again not formed or contoured to show calf definitions.   

I think its a great attempt, but not that of a living creature but more of someone in an excellent suit.  

• Upvote 1

Crowlogic

That was a Blevins job.

Where did Blevins make that claim?

OkieFoot

That was a Blevins job.

Where did Blevins make that claim?

Crow, this is where it came from.

bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/.../who-really-filmed-this-clear-video.htm...

This convincing video originally surfaced back in 2010.  It was noted by FBFB as a video created by a well-known Patterson-Gimlin film skeptic named Leroy Blevins. Blevins had been working on a replica of the "costume" represented in PGF for years, but this isn't it apparently. Blevins claims he was not the person responsible this video purportedly taken on Independence Day. He left this comment in a post from July 5th, 2011:

Leroy Blevins:

The video on here that claims FB/FB about Leroy Blevins making a video hoax is all lie's I am Leroy Blevins Sr. and I never made a video on a hoax and that is not me in the video and that is not me suit. This hoax was made up by FB/FB and posting it to making false claims and pointing the finger at me when in fact it was them that pulled off this hoax and not me. FB/FB does not know one thing about Bigfoot so that is why they pull off these hoaxs to full people and making people think they know what they are doing in in fact they are clowns and they don't know nothing.

salubrious

I always thought the head was too vertical atop the shoulders on this video. Its different from Patty as her head is further forward and slightly down.

Fake, human walk, looks like a coat on ''her''(him), baby is a puppet, clever, but stupid. If BF were this stupid, then chasing them would be a credible hobby.

Nipissing

The back is very straight and flat with no S-curve, and no butt movement either.

xspider1

Thanks, georgerm.  I agree that one is definitely worth at least several looks.  I have to go with very good costumes and good staging for some of the reasons mentioned above.  The upper arm seems too short, the back seems too flat and the walk just looks like a mime in a gorilla costume to me.  Also, the subject seems more interested in looking at the camera than anything else.   

This seems real to me. If it's fake, its the best fake suit made to date. Costume re-creators can't seem to get a suit this good.

JiggyPotamus

The camera starts panning left before the creature pops out and starts moving in that direction. That right there is enough to cast serious doubt on this video in my opinion.

You can see its a bad suit after the puppet is picked up, plain view. Also, this seems to be story-lined from the famous 90's film that could be real.

A gorilla might behave like this, not a BF. Probably a gorilla suit on rental.

Last good BF film was from Christmas, Oregon, IMO. Estes Park video might also be real, thats sort of good also.

Edited by Wag

David NC

Red flag for me is the turning twice of the head all the way over to look over the shoulder without turning it's upper body. I believe it to be a human in a suit.

FootDude

Didn't miss it.

IMO an obvious hoax.

Shelly

Seam around the head where it sticks onto the body is very apparent as it walks by.  The butt looks like the overhang of the top half of a suit over the suits legs