Cryptic Megafauna

What Branch Of The Family Tree Does Patty Belong?

SWWASAS

I have wondered the same thing as to why Patty did not go to the nearest cover but continued down the creek diagonally.  Nearest cover would have been 90 degrees to the creek away from Bob and Roger.      The fact that she seemed to be lactating and not carrying her young makes me wonder if she had parked her young one in a tree in the direction of travel of Roger and Bob and wanted to make sure she got there before they did.    She seemed to be determined to get well ahead of them and less concerned about regaining cover than heading in a certain direction.  

Backdoc
BFF Donor
2 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I have wondered the same thing as to why Patty did not go to the nearest cover but continued down the creek diagonally.  Nearest cover would have been 90 degrees to the creek away from Bob and Roger.      The fact that she seemed to be lactating and not carrying her young makes me wonder if she had parked her young one in a tree in the direction of travel of Roger and Bob and wanted to make sure she got there before they did.    She seemed to be determined to get well ahead of them and less concerned about regaining cover than heading in a certain direction.  

I am not real good on all the set up of the PGF terrain.  It would seem the thing Patty was doing was creating distance between her and Gimlin and Roger. This is esp true with the trees both dead and tall in the way of the filming.  Had she gone to the deeper woods to her left at the time of filming it would seem this might be uphill and she might have to have he back to Roger and Bob to some extent. I wonder if this was on her mind.  Patty was also taking the path of least resistance. I think of myself in a football stadium.  If these was something that went down I dart across the level ground looking for the best exist over running up the sides/ bleachers and exiting that way.  

SWWASAS

If Patty is an ape (no one knows that) then apes typically do not have prominent breasts unless they are lactating.    So lactation may be a factor somehow.       If she is human of sorts then lactation and breast size is not a factor.      We will never know that until we get one on a lab table.       From what I remember from Bobs account they were traveling in pretty much the same direction Patty did in the film, picking their way along the creek bed on their horses.      Remember that they tried to follow and track her on their horses but could not catch her.    So logic tells me that if she could move faster than them on horseback, she should have been able to move away as they approached  and they never would have seen her.    Unless some other factor was at play like her getting to her young first or leading them away from her young.     We will never know what was at play.    

Twist

We also have to consider that she was merely careless and once aware of her situation was indifferent.   Legend has it that BF is the ninja of the woods so sometimes maybe we forget they to can err and this was such a case, as many sightings would be and we are fortunate enough to have it on video.  

norseman
BFF Donor
10 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Breeding season and hunting season might overlap.  Either way, if there was a breeding season (dermined by nature) vs hunting season ( determined by people) a shy animal might be out because they are looking to mate.

Consider Patty is out in the open which might be unusual  for a shy animal.  Is water or food enough motivation or drive to get her out in the open or to come out during the day?  These might found in other places with less risk.  Yes she was behind an overturned Crows Nest but otherwise was not exactly hidden.    

Natures breeding force would be a strong motivator and just might explain why she was out in the open on a sunny day.

Its very doubtful that Bigfoot would have a “breeding season”.

https://sciencing.com/chimpanzee-mating-habits-6703991.html

SweatyYeti
5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

The path Patty took makes sense to me, SWW.....considering the fact that there was no trackway leading onto the sandbar that she was walking on. 

Given the lack of any other footprints/trackway on the sandbar….she most likely arrived via the other side of the creek. So, heading off to her left....(to the nearest tree cover)....she would have exited the sandbar, onto the mountain opposite of the one she most likely arrived from. 

And, as you suggested...if she had a young one nearby....it may have been on Roger's side of the creek, and the two creatures would then have wound up on opposite sides of the creek.

As Bob Titmus reported, after visiting the filmsite….Patty's tracks led up onto the mountainside that was on Roger's side of the creek...(the south/east side)…...the side she probably arrived from. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

hiflier
BFF Donor

But since there was no apparent trackway leading from the Southeast side, i.e., one set of prints then she must have entered the creek bed from either the West or Northwest. Since Bob and Roger came in more or less from the South it would seem Patty was traveling West to East then veered Southeast after Roger relocated himself and the camera West of her line of travel. So when Patty was walking away she was heading more or less East and then angled to her right toward the Southeast? During the look back her face was in full Sun so she was looking closer to South at the camera.

Edited by hiflier

SweatyYeti
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

But since there was no apparent trackway leading from the Southeast side, i.e., one set of prints then she must have entered the creek bed from either the West or Northwest. Since Bob and Roger came in more or less from the South it would seem Patty was traveling West to East then veered Southeast after Roger relocated himself and the camera West of her line of travel. So when Patty was walking away she was heading more or less East and then angled to her right toward the Southeast? During the look back her face was in full Sun so she was looking closer to South at the camera.

That isn't necessarily the case, hiflier.  Patty could have arrived from any direction...and, from either side of the creek. The one thing that is certain, is that she did not get to her "starting point"....(right beside the creek)…..by walking across the sandbar. There was no other trackway on the sandbar, besides the one leading away from Roger and Bob. 

She may have been walking through the creek, for some distance....and hence....no readily apparent 'arrival trackway'. 

My thinking is simply that the more likely side of the creek....(and mountain)…..that Patty arrived from, would be the south/east side....a.k.a....Roger and Bob's side.

I base that on two reasons.....first, if Patty was initially anywhere along the side she was seen on...(the north/west side)….she could have easily walked across the sandbar, to get to the point alongside the creek where she was first seen. She wouldn't have needed to walk through the creek, to get to her "starting point".

The 2nd reason...footprints leading to the creek from Roger's side could easily have been missed...since there was a hard-packed road running alongside that side of the creek.

Between that road surface...and the possibility of Patty walking through the creek at an angle....there could have been a limited set of footprints, not easily found. 

wiiawiwb

Has anyone ever done a digital recreation of the encounter, sandbar, trees, and trackway?  I'm sure it would be quite involved but I wonder if something like that might be able to provides further insights. 

SweatyYeti
31 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Has anyone ever done a digital recreation of the encounter, sandbar, trees, and trackway?  I'm sure it would be quite involved but I wonder if something like that might be able to provides further insights. 

Sure, wiiawiwb…..Bill Munns did.  Here is his digital recreation of Roger's and Patty's movements, during the encounter...

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

^

You're welcome, Wiiawiwb. :)