Cryptic Megafauna

What Branch Of The Family Tree Does Patty Belong?

norseman
BFF Donor

Its not just about the receding chin. Although her chin is nowhere as prominent as mine.

Look at the cone shaped head, no neck and prominent brow ridge. And we are looking at a female subject.....not male!

southernyahoo

I'm not even seeing the supposed receding chin of patty. It looks prominent to me,and as much as the brow. Unfortunately I don't see much detail on the face because of angle, brief turn and film grain. The overall shape of the head is pointed but a sagittal crest isn't clearly the culprit.

• Upvote 3

norseman
BFF Donor

I guess context is in order......

This picture is a comparison of a homo erectus head vs a homo sapien head. Which one most resembles Patty?

The homo erectus has a receding chin or to say the lips extend past the point of the chin.

post-735-0-79042200-1454447134_thumb.jpg

Edited by norseman

MIB

Hmmm ... no, i don't think so.   In the picture in post 44 I think she's looking downwards at a pretty steep angle.  Look at the line from the base of her skull down into her shoulders.   Spine at shoulders is at the back, not front, of the chest.   If you rotate the picture in post 44 so her neck area is vertical so you get an apples to apples comparison to the other two, it is pretty striking: her chin is considerably more prominent than either the H. sapiens or H. erectus.    

MIB

norseman
BFF Donor

We will have to agree to disagree.

In #48 the homo sapien chin sticks out PAST the lips. This is how my chin is, its also called a lantern jaw.

Pattys lips stick out past her chin and quite possibly her nose. Which matches the homo erectus figure quite nicely.

MIB

Yep, since I don't see that at all (because I think she is looking down at a pretty steep angle which you're not correcting for) we're just going to have to disagree.   Onward!  :)

MIB

xspider1
BFF Donor

In the image above, both the erectus and the sapien lips extend beyond the chin.  That feature seems nearly as common with humans as does the opposite feature: chin extending beyond the lip.  

In this gif, I can see what you are referring to, norseman:

post-131-0-17884700-1454460457.gif

Patty's appearance seems to be somewhere in-between.  Isn't that the same thing we are seeing with the other new primate discoveries?  

Good Topic, Cryptic Megafauna

• Upvote 1

Oonjerah

Hmmm. Seems a futile argument to me.

Look at 1,000 human faces from around the globe; look at 'em in profile, full face &

three-quarters views. The amount of variation in human faces is great and amazing!

That's what keeps caricature artists in business.

... Patty's hooded nose is a nice, homo feature.  :)

Cryptic Megafauna

Just conjecture, but maybe gigantism developed during the ice ages as it did with many other animals.

It did in response to toxins in vegetation, likely as  you state if I was a gambling cryptid.

Here's my theory:

When an organism moves in to exploit an environmental niche, it often develops two forms, the Robust and the Gracile. Examples include wolves and coyote, raven and crow. Its already known that humans are the gracile form of our species. Is there a robust form? If so what is it? Interesting coincidence: 'Bigfoot' hair under analysis always comes back as 'human'.

The robust form of a human would look pretty close to what a human is; larger might be one difference. We already see how much hoaxing is done where humans try to pass themselves off as BF; apparently the two forms are pretty close to each other...

Neanderthal,  Heidelbergensis where the robust forms. They are considered extinct though they may have Patty to contend with. There are robust humans but they have not individuated into a new separate species as yet. 

Look at 1,000 human faces from around the globe; look at 'em in profile, full face &

three-quarters views. The amount of variation in human faces is great and amazing!

That's what keeps caricature artists in business.

... Patty's hooded nose is a nice, homo feature.   :)

I'll go with a hooded nose, although the sunshine spectral reflectance of Patty's face washes out a lot of what would have been very good detail on the nose, cheek, and forehead on the sun-ward side. Still if gorilla like I think I would see prominent nose holes. The nose is extremely broad and flat however and seems to merge with the angle of the cheek planes at a very low angle.

Cryptic Megafauna

Interesting comparison of the two primates, CM.  I see some significant similarities and some significant differences as well.  The Homo Habilis rendition somehow looks more 'human'.  I think that's primarily because of the shape of the top portion of Patty's head. 

attachicon.gifPatty-face.jpg

I'd have to say though that Patty would have opposable thumbs like all of the great apes and that her feet are more human than not (i.e., no 'opposable' big toe).  Makes me wonder why our feet are, in some ways, less functional that those of the other, supposedly less developed, great apes.  : |

It is considered by Meldrum that Bigfoot likely developed walking independently of the Genus Homo. (That would be assuming it was more Genus Australopithecine and/or on the borderline with Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, and possibly a hybrid of all these. Apes had to use their feet in the trees so The fact that BF may not be tree dwellers anymore but retained more functionality of the foot. Perhaps for the more uneven and difficult terrain of high elevations? The linear model for human evolution probably does not do justice to how BF would have had to evolved to be present in the modern era.

southernyahoo

This picture is a comparison of a homo erectus head vs a homo sapien head. Which one most resembles Patty?

The homo erectus has a receding chin or to say the lips extend past the point of the chin.

You should google "human receding chin" for some more context, but if I'm choosing between these two, Patty could easily fall within genus homo. :biggrin:

Maybe she's somewhere in between those two.

xspider1
BFF Donor

Yes, but physical variation among the other great apes is not nearly as diverse, right?  dk why that is but, i have 'suspicions'  haha

Edited by xspider1

Cryptic Megafauna

Here are a couple profile I picked out of the PG film that shows the best profiles for this I hope.

post-25212-0-44325100-1454466986_thumb.j
If you click on it, it expands to a larger size.
Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

norseman
BFF Donor

You should google "human receding chin" for some more context, but if I'm choosing between these two, Patty could easily fall within genus homo. :biggrin:

Maybe she's somewhere in between those two.

Ok, so you think her chin falls within the range of Homo Sapiens do you?

What about the rest of her peaked head? Her neck? Her bulk? The two inch deep tracks she left behind? Her furry coat of hair that covers her entire body? The fact that she is naked in fall in the coastal mountains of California? The fact she carries no kit what so ever? The fact that she drawfs a 6'6" homo sapien male? Her ape like arm length?

I think you guys need to refine what you consider "human" and why.....because from my perspective you guys are awarding this to her based on the fact that she walks on two feet and has two arms and a head attached to the top of her torso....... nevermind that the similarities come to a screeching halt there.

I'll tell you guys what! Dress her in a summer dress, pumps, lipstick and give her a purse and see if you can get her through a shopping market check out line with out causing a mass exodus. Good luck....

I've said it before I'd feel about the same dating Koko the gorilla as I would about dating Patty. Thats because she isnt remotely close to our species.

post-735-0-76168600-1454466604.jpg