Cryptic Megafauna

What Branch Of The Family Tree Does Patty Belong?

BigTreeWalker

ShadowBorn, it's really quite simple. They are not afraid of us. I've read many sighting reports where they've simple walked away or stood and watched, then walked away. That and the PGF leads me to the conclusion they don't fear us. They are illusive. They avoid us. But they don't fear us.

• Upvote 2

ShadowBorn

ShadowBorn, it's really quite simple. They are not afraid of us. I've read many sighting reports where they've simple walked away or stood and watched, then walked away. That and the PGF leads me to the conclusion they don't fear us. They are illusive. They avoid us. But they don't fear us.

If they have no fear of us then they had to have observed us to not fear us, this only make sense. If she had no fear then she must have not been alone that day to walk off that calmly, otherwise she would have bolted out of there and disappeared. My first sighting the creature just stood there and did not move which I thought was strange and not normal. The second sighting the creature acted as though that it was going to bolt when I pointed the starlight towards it, but the creature stopped.

The other strange thing with patty is that she did not have that forward body motion walk, where her body is forward and here knees are bent as she walks. Just things that I find strange.

BigTreeWalker

Why do you think she would have bolted? You yourself have had sightings where they didn't. They are not your normal animal that turn tail and run at first sight of us. Depending on the time of the year and location even deer and elk will just stand there and watch us at times. Last weekend I had this happen with a herd of elk in Ecola state park on the Oregon Coast. They were just feeding in the edge of the timber and people were everywhere. The elk didn't feel any threat.

ShadowBorn

Why do you think she would have bolted? You yourself have had sightings where they didn't. They are not your normal animal that turn tail and run at first sight of us. Depending on the time of the year and location even deer and elk will just stand there and watch us at times. Last weekend I had this happen with a herd of elk in Ecola state park on the Oregon Coast. They were just feeding in the edge of the timber and people were everywhere. The elk didn't feel any threat.

Bigtreewalker

There it is what I was trying to find, that yes where there are people on trails where there are deer and elk  that can be seen they will not bolt.  But that is cause these deer and elk are use to seeing these people all the time and do not feel threaten. So did patty did not feel threaten since she was in the presence of humans before? The reason I never drew my pistol on this creature that I saw was that it never confronted me nor made a threat towards me, so no need to pull my pistol on it. The same goes with Bob Gimlin who had his rifle pointed on it as Roger filmed it. So in some way they seem to be comfortable around us rather then not fear us. But they have a strange behavior that I do not understand and it is some thing very primal.

pri·mal

/ˈprīməl/

adjective

relating to an early stage in evolutionary development; primeval.

"primal hunting societies"

synonyms: original, initial, earliest, first, primitive, primeval

"the primal source of living things"

Like maybe they do not know why we do the things we do with them. That they are trying to figure out why we are reaching out to them, when there is no need to. 

Cryptic Megafauna

primal - the origin

BigTreeWalker

ShadowBorn, it's doubtful that Patty had ever seen very many humans. They were just opening that area to logging. So except for an occasional prospector it's not likely there were many humans in that area at the time. Access was very limited as attested to by Roger and Bob using horses and following a creek bed. Yes there were new logging roads but they were just pushing into an area that was largely wilderness at the time. It's not like today where everyone and his brother goes out in the woods on the weekend and blasts away with their firearms. Patty may never have had contact with a hunter before. So there was really nothing to instill fear in her. Simply evasion and avoidance.

Edited by BigTreeWalker

guyzonthropus

Of course she may have ventured close to humans out of curiosity or training when young...Or not..one might think that word would spread amongst them about the shifting nature of man(arrows->guns, native Americans->white devils, etc)but maybe she had to see for herself...but she does seem rather self assured in the face of both camera and rifle...

maybe she was more worried about what the rest were gonna say "oh man! I'm never gonna hear the end of this one...So I made a mistake, and a couple pinks got me on film...no one's gonna believe it to be real, Heck I bet fifty years from now they'll still be arguing about it...."

• Upvote 1

jayjeti

You can get different reactions from sasquatches but I ascribe to the theory, also held by others, that sasquatches were once more aggressive toward humans but the introduction of the gun into the wilderness has pacified them, and that they do fear humans because of guns.  I've read speculations that they are less apprehensive of people who are not carrying anything in their hands.  I know some researchers who prefer headlamps for that reason.   I read an encounter story of a family on a camping trip observing a sasquatch watching them for some time from behind bushes.  Then when the boy pulled a BB gun out of his tent the sasquatch bolted.

I do believe they talk to each other and the one creature they are apprehensive about are humans.  They seem to not be as shy around children and women, but are more weary of men.  You have to ask why is that?  What about adult human males makes them more leery?   They don't seem to worry about other animals seeing them, but they show extreme caution with people, I believe, because they know we are the one and only creature capable of killing them, although they don't exactly understand what constitutes a gun.

MIB

And yet I've been approached twice (that I know of ... which likely isn't 100%) while I was deer hunting, large shiny stainless steel rifle in hand.   How do you account for that?

MIB

jayjeti

It didn't attack you MIB, it was checking you out like it does with other people entering their area.  The theory is they were much more aggressive to Native Americans and even early settlers, but the introduction of the gun into the wilderness has pacified them some.  Indian legends speak of how their weapons were useless against sasquatches.  Guns changed that.  Most sasquatches exhibit a phobia when it comes to being seen by humans.  Does knowledge of the stand back and kill power of guns impact that behavior? 

You can get different behavior from different ones, with some being less shy, even wanting to be seen at times.  There is no cookie cutter rule governing all sasquatches.

BigTreeWalker

You yourself mentioned supposition and theory. All I'm saying is from experience with other animals is what sasquatch shows toward humans is avoidance rather than fear. I've read reports of even a surprised look on their faces at times. Having been stupidly and unsafely shot at or towards in the woods, I have a strong aversion for people who act stupid with guns too. But I watch them and avoid them. Yes it's supposition as it is with almost everything bigfoot. But it's simply based on my observations. If there is fear there it probably is the cause of the aggression which has been witnessed at times. Rather than turning tail and running.

SWWASAS

There are some reports of people shooting at BF and they just stand and watch for a few seconds of time then walk off rather than bolt.   One would think they simply do not understand how dangerous guns are or that unseen projecticals are whizzing by.     I get the impression at night they are more afraid of flashlights blinding them than anything else.  With the introduction of headlights on cars and electric lights they seem to understand lights which is something they can see and probably know that it does bad things to their night vision.     For all we know if they see into the IR, the IR flash on game cameras could be the thing that has made them camera shy.     They might have no idea what a camera really does other than flash at night and destroy their night vision for a long time.`  They may even think we put up those flashy things to destroy their night vision.       

Why would an adult BF bolt at the sight of a human when they know they can just walk and move far faster than we can?   It does not take an intelligent animal to sense human fear either.    Dogs pick up human fear readily.   I wish I knew that when I was a kid and kept getting bit by a german shepard on my way home from school.  I was scared to death of the thing.    A BF probably knows a scared human is not going to follow it.     I worry about the safety of some of the Mountain Monster types who go charging towards BF.   Any animal capable of defending itself is not going to react well to that behavior from humans.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

ShadowBorn

If I can ever get this video online for every one to see of their eye shine then you will realize just how open their eyes really are. How much light is absorbed with in their eyes, no one or nothing has eye the size of a base ball or at least a gulf ball that walks on land in North America. 

hiflier

This Forum only accepts a limited amount of data at a time. A video is many megabytes in size and so will not upload. Your best bet is to try to upload the video to a site like "Vimeo" or some such similar website and then provide a link to the file. Here's the link if you wish to give it a go:

https://vimeo.com/

Edited by hiflier

Cryptic Megafauna

I've stated before that I think it is possible there may still be individuals that are essentially Neanderthal in nature still living amongst us as cryptic outliers.

Since modern humans have no evidence of a Neanderthal Y chromosome which there has been much discussion of lately then perhaps these cryptic outliers are individuals that posses the Y chromosome?

Perhaps it is only in the female line of certain cryptic lineages?

The method would be unknown as it has not been posited by science as yet.

For interesting further reading and please read the link before making any comments.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0407/Researchers-find-no-trace-of-Neanderthal-Y-chromosomes-in-modern-humans

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna