Cryptic Megafauna

What Branch Of The Family Tree Does Patty Belong?

Cryptic Megafauna

Pretty good presentation about archaic and paleo humans and diffusion and what that means.

Might give you some good ideas about hybrids, hominid migration,, and treatment by paleo archeology, science, techniques, dating, implications.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

guyzonthropus

Ok..I just found this post and kinda scanned through it and I get the sense that this clip may well present a very similar dispersion/integration model as I just outlined in another thread. Once I have time I'll watch this one all the way through, as it looks fascinating, detailed, and informative, and maybe,with any luck, not feel like such a dork!

CM- for posting this cool clip, I say both thanks and frickin' thanks a lot! lol

• Upvote 1

Cryptic Megafauna

Your welcome guyzonthropus

Here is another one I'm about half through, the guys a great speaker and does a great coverage.

Backdoc

Hunting season Q:

Ok so it's hunting season in many places in the country. I know it is here is Iowa.  During the regular year we have in my neighborhood deer commonly in the wooded area where I live.  This occurs all year.  In October/ Nov. it is esp active.  I see many big bucks now looking for a date.

I don't pretend to know the breeding habits of apes let alone a sasquatch.  However, could such a time of the year be a time that might bring such an animal out.  I am using the Deer in my 'hood as a reference point. Admittingly there is no comparison to the two types of animals.  Yet, I see some huge bucks in my 'hood in Oct Nov when I rarely see this otherwise.  I do see momma deer and young deer as a usual hit and miss occurrence Jan-Sept.

Could this explain Patty and the October 20th lucky encounter.  Could it explain why Patty was out in the open vs shy and hidden?  I guess if it did this it would mean most Bigfoot sightings would be in Oct Nov to make my point and I doubt that is the case.    I am just wondering out loud with it being 'hunting season' after all, if this might explain another reason why Bob and Roger happen to see Patty?

If my goal was to take a pic of deer I could do so with moderate success during Jan-Sept.  It would be hit and miss.   By Oct and Nov, I could do so almost any time.  Animals looking for a date might be a motivator to be on the move more, out in the open more, taking risks more.  Thought?

Edited by Backdoc

SWWASAS

This was addressed by our data base people months ago and quite frankly I don't think they had enough data to make a determination.     I expect they looked at sightings of BF with young or carrying young.      My encounter with the juvenile was in July.    The juvenile was probably (just guessing) several months old.  Certainly less than a year.  Still being carried by an adult.    That would imply a spring birth like sheep etc.   But without significant other sightings,  of juveniles of similar age in July,   it could be happenstance just like human births.   It could be that if BF hole up in dens in the winter that increases chance for pregnancy just like it does with humans during power outages and snow storms,  where humans are shut in with time on their hands to "monkey" around.    

hiflier
18 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

where humans are shut in with time on their hands to "monkey" around.

Not bad, SWWASAS, not bad at all ;) In fact a good snowstorm could be a very good time to be with one's prime mate.

Backdoc
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

This was addressed by our data base people months ago and quite frankly I don't think they had enough data to make a determination.     I expect they looked at sightings of BF with young or carrying young.      My encounter with the juvenile was in July.    The juvenile was probably (just guessing) several months old.  Certainly less than a year.  Still being carried by an adult.    That would imply a spring birth like sheep etc.   But without significant other sightings,  of juveniles of similar age in July,   it could be happenstance just like human births.   It could be that if BF hole up in dens in the winter that increases chance for pregnancy just like it does with humans during power outages and snow storms,  where humans are shut in with time on their hands to "monkey" around.    

Good thoughts.  

This seems to illustrate a problem.  Let's assume Bigfoot is real.  We know little about what it's tendencies might be.  Some things such as what it might each are an easier educated guess than to determine other things.  

For me it just makes general sense if more deer are hit on the highway in Sept-Dec then it makes sense more deer are out and about. I am just wondering if it could be the same with Patty and her like to explain Patterson's Oct success vs June success.  

• Upvote 1

MIB
26 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

I am just wondering if it could be the same with Patty and her like to explain Patterson's Oct success vs June success.  

I think it is premature to conclude anything based on a single data point which has not been repeated in over 50 years.    It would be more logical to assume dumb luck rather than something deterministic that we just haven't recognized yet.

MIB

• Upvote 1

SWWASAS

Where I live in the PNW deer are around at some elevations year round.    I can say that because I have them in my yard pretty much year round.    Had a young doe that was there two or three days a week ago.   She kept setting off one of my motion detectors.   Some does with fawns will hang out back there so I suspect they return when they are on their own and know it is safe.    I had no idea how much wildlife activity I had in the yard until I installed the sensors.   I learned early not to go outside to see what did it because kept running into some big racoons that wanted to take me on.     I suspect that hunting season may be more of an impact on where deer hang out than BF are in areas that are near humans.   .    Hunters push deer down into more populated areas.        

• Upvote 1

xspider1

^ I'd probably have to draw on one or more of those raccoons, SWWASAS!  hahah  :blink:  Seriously though, it can get very annoying when critters try to take over our homes and/or when they eat our roof, wiring, etc.. We've been warring with a lot of rats here in the city (and some of those are BIG.)  yikes!  Having said that, I have also been seeing plenty of large and small deer alike lately in neighborhoods fairly close to Urban areas.  I wouldn't be surprised if the October film date did have something to do with their luck that day although I agree that, to date, we just don't know.

She probably belongs to the same branch of the family tree as any other shape-shifting, time-travelling Homo erectus.  :wink:  

Edited by xspider1

Backdoc

More on Deer vs Patty:

Insurance co numbers say there is a spike of incidence of hitting deer with a car in the fall.   We all know through general observation there are more deer commonly seen during this time.

All I am suggesting is one possible explanation why an otherwise shy animal (nocturnal ?) would be seen out in the open during the day.

I don't know if apes have a breading season?  Might a creature such a Bigfoot?  If so, would this be expected to be in the fall?

If Bigfoot exists for me it must follow some principles of known animals/ established nature.  Which known animals is mystery.  Would Bigfoot hibernate as an example?  Do they only eat plants?   When I doubt I got to known animals as a consideration but there is not known reference point to compare.  We are left to guess.

Twist

The answer as to more deer seen in the fall is very simple, hunting season.   Could BF be attributed to this?  I guess yeah but I doubt to a noticeable amount, we have hunting seasons,  thats the rise, BF I would venture a guess does not give a rats rear end about seasons lol.   

Backdoc
5 hours ago, Twist said:

The answer as to more deer seen in the fall is very simple, hunting season.   Could BF be attributed to this?  I guess yeah but I doubt to a noticeable amount, we have hunting seasons,  thats the rise, BF I would venture a guess does not give a rats rear end about seasons lol.   

Breeding season and hunting season might overlap.  Either way, if there was a breeding season (dermined by nature) vs hunting season ( determined by people) a shy animal might be out because they are looking to mate.

Consider Patty is out in the open which might be unusual  for a shy animal.  Is water or food enough motivation or drive to get her out in the open or to come out during the day?  These might found in other places with less risk.  Yes she was behind an overturned Crows Nest but otherwise was not exactly hidden.    

Natures breeding force would be a strong motivator and just might explain why she was out in the open on a sunny day.

Twist

I apologize BD, I totally overlooked what you were angling at with Patty being out due to breeding season.  My mind hung up on the deer.  Your thoughts on Patty being out seen viable to me.   

Backdoc

^^^^

ha no problem.  I just mention the deer since they are right under my nose here in Iowa.  I guess it is what this non-hunter in me can relate to.

It is a real mystery to me why Patty needed to be out in the open.  Why take that risk.   Maybe she was digging or looking for fish or grubs or crayfish or whatever when Gimlin and Patterson spotted her.  I start out assuming Patty is real then ask what might she need or require in order to see here again.  We think of what branch of science such a creature would come from.  if we knew Patty's traits we would increase out chances to have another PGF.

I had a nephew who would only color in the color green.  A teacher was worried the little kid might have something wrong with him.  They asked the kid, "why do you only color in the color green?"  He said, "I can color in any color but Green is my favorite"   Sometimes I guess the behavior can be simple and obvious or at least makes sense when we come to know why.  Patty is not talking though.  Let the guessing continue....