2016 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Guest Admin

Crow, the solutions to the first two problems weren't trying or even able to avoid us and neither were mountain gorillas. What does that have to do with an entity that knows how to and effectively uses avoidance tactics as mentioned clearly in the video. Of course when you've already thrown out that possibility in your mind as preposterous, I guess I can understand your quandary... Nah, probably not! ;)

BFF Patron

Well BTW I hope you don't go the YouTube route.       I was impatient to put my findings out and I went that route but found it the most incredible waste of time.     Worse even than the Forum is.   Putting together a good video is very time consuming and then you have people who attack you because it is not Hollywood quality.   .     Here you have a few mostly disgruntled skeptics taking pot shots at you and for the most part forum rules prevent them from really getting nasty but Youtube comments are as nasty as they come.   Mostly from Millennials who rarely get out of the house much less have any time in the woods, and there are thousands of them on Youtube.  .    Probably 75% of the YouTube stuff posted on bigfoot is hoaxed.    That is very bad company to be in unless producing hoaxes is your thing.   I basically have yanked what I had on Youtube and it is no longer available for viewing.        

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

SWWSP, never really considered it, though it has been suggested that I do so. For me YouTube is simply entertainment. To call it research is a stretch. I feel the same about Finding Bigfoot. Occasionally there are useful and interesting tidbits of researchable value. But the majority of the time it's just a nature video. The people that take the time to sit down and take field notes of their findings are doing actual research. I also understand the time factor involved. Just servicing and reviewing my trailcams and what little audio I work with takes large blocks of my time. Then on top of that the continued finding and review of our bone research leaves very little time for the other things in my life. Though it can be supplemental, video doesn't take the place of good, written, documentation.

We made an atomic bomb in less than five years from scratch, we went to the moon in ten years,  It took less than four decades from the Wright Bros first flight to exceed the speed of sound.   

You might want to retract that, your desperation is showing..

The Manhattan Project cost about $26 BILLION dollars, 2016-equivalent, to develop the a-bomb.   The build up and accomplishment of putting the first man on the moon cost about $174 BILLION, 2005-equivalent.    Total investment in bigfoot research .. I think we worked out to something under $10 MILLION a while back, but lets say $20 million to give you the benefit of the doubt and have nice round numbers to work with.

So you're saying that you expect a bunch of disorganized, private individuals to achieve what the full, coordinated might of the US Government accomplished .. and do it with 1/10,000 of the budget.

That's just ridiculous.  Likely the best you can do, but still ridiculous.  

Your last comparison is just as ridiculous.   The correct comparison would be official discovery of sasquatch vs the first manned flight at Kitty Hawk.    If you want to compare something to the time from that first flight to supersonic flight, wait 'til we officially discover sasquatch then see how long it takes us to talk to them.   That's apples to apples.

Game, set, and match.   Foolish, foolish Crow.

MIB

• Upvote 3

Guest Crowlogic

We made an atomic bomb in less than five years from scratch, we went to the moon in ten years,  It took less than four decades from the Wright Bros first flight to exceed the speed of sound.   

You might want to retract that, your desperation is showing..

The Manhattan Project cost about $26 BILLION dollars, 2016-equivalent, to develop the a-bomb.   The build up and accomplishment of putting the first man on the moon cost about $174 BILLION, 2005-equivalent.    Total investment in bigfoot research .. I think we worked out to something under $10 MILLION a while back, but lets say $20 million to give you the benefit of the doubt and have nice round numbers to work with.

So you're saying that you expect a bunch of disorganized, private individuals to achieve what the full, coordinated might of the US Government accomplished .. and do it with 1/10,000 of the budget.

That's just ridiculous.  Likely the best you can do, but still ridiculous.  

Your last comparison is just as ridiculous.   The correct comparison would be official discovery of sasquatch vs the first manned flight at Kitty Hawk.    If you want to compare something to the time from that first flight to supersonic flight, wait 'til we officially discover sasquatch then see how long it takes us to talk to them.   That's apples to apples.

Game, set, and match.   Foolish, foolish Crow.

MIB

We weren't talking about money.  It was science often moves at a slow pace, not the cost of science moving at whatever pace it's moving at.  Now if you want actual correctness start addressing that bigfoot is nothing more than a cultural myth.

Guest Crowlogic

Norse the "bomb program" existed as math and physics.  The nuts and bolts of it didn't begin until the Manhattan Project and they were as often as not in uncharted territory.  Now by master bigfoot cinematographer Roger Patterson's estimation we'd have bigfoot in the bag  within 10 years of his film.  How do you think that's all working out time wise?

We weren't talking about money.  It was science often moves at a slow pace, not the cost of science moving at whatever pace it's moving at.  Now if you want actual correctness start addressing that bigfoot is nothing more than a cultural myth.

You laid down a timeline, no conditions added 'til after you lost and needed to move the goalposts.   Typical Crow "logic".   You forgot to mention the difference between a small number of disorganized individuals who won't even share data vs the organizational might of the US Government focusing the efforts of the top scientists in the free world.    Are you going to move that goalpost, too? 

MIB

Norse the "bomb program" existed as math and physics.  The nuts and bolts of it didn't begin until the Manhattan Project and they were as often as not in uncharted territory.  Now by master bigfoot cinematographer Roger Patterson's estimation we'd have bigfoot in the bag  within 10 years of his film.  How do you think that's all working out time wise?

No.

The Germans begin working on the nuts and bolts of it in 38. Hungarian physicists had to convince the US government it was even a reality.

Its a bad analogy....

Roger Patterson claimed that in 10 years we would have a Sasquatch in the BAG!?

Who is doing the bagging???? Certainly not Roger..... A game bag requires a bullet, and trust you me.....being pro kill is akin to leprosy.

Roger had his shot, and he shot film.

Crowlogic:

...The Manhattan Project cost about $26 BILLION dollars, 2016-equivalent, to develop the a-bomb.   The build up and accomplishment of putting the first man on the moon cost about $174 BILLION, 2005-equivalent.    Total investment in bigfoot research .. I think we worked out to something under $10 MILLION a while back, but lets say $20 million to give you the benefit of the doubt and have nice round numbers to work with.

So you're saying that you expect a bunch of disorganized, private individuals to achieve what the full, coordinated might of the US Government accomplished .. and do it with 1/10,000 of the budget

One can't talk about discovery without talking about the cost. In the case of the Manhattan Project and the Moon Landing it was a matter of defense and even more money would have been thrown at those programs if it had been necessary. Sasquatch isn't a defense issue so it won't get the billions. Patterson expected money to flow in and so was confident about discovery. But it didn't happen on scale that would make any difference. He also didn't know that cancer would take him within 5 years after filming the PGF either. I've often wondered if he cut Gimlin out more out of financial desperation once he found out he was dying as opposed to simply being greedy.

Guest Crowlogic

No.

The Germans begin working on the nuts and bolts of it in 38. Hungarian physicists had to convince the US government it was even a reality.

Its a bad analogy....

Who is doing the bagging???? Certainly not Roger..... A game bag requires a bullet, and trust you me.....being pro kill is akin to leprosy.

In the Bag as in confirmation as in success.  We've got it in the bag is often referring to success in a given matter.  You know that or perhaps you don't?  The German atomic bomb project was in a conventional two story house such was it's scale.  They never even came close to a bomb, they were entirely on the worng track.  We didn't need what the German's did, we didn't have access to what they did during the war anyway.  

Edited by Crowlogic

BFF Patron

No.

Its a bad analogy....

In the Bag as in confirmation as in success.  We've got it in the bag is often referring to success in a given matter.  You know that or perhaps you don't?  The German atomic bomb project was in a conventional two story house such was it's scale.  They never even came close to a bomb, they were entirely on the worng track.  We didn't need what the German's did, we didn't have access to what they did during the war anyway.  

You are wrong about what we needed from the German's and the moon landing resulted (von Braun, Saturn IVB to V) as a consequence, friend.  Jet aircraft aside of course.  

As to your knowledge of contemporary Sasquatch and what it might be and what might be evidence, I might say you are on a parallel track of obfuscation. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

With the passing of John Green, I must return to the very question that started this thread. "How have we improved one bit on those researchers of the past that seemed to be able to locate and find evidence of these creatures with far less technology, but a whole lot more skill in the wilderness?" It still seems that the old school methods could prevail more than some aspiration of launching new technologies at the problem, it requires boots or hooves on the ground, and I then maybe a few paws as well. I cannot think of a better way to track one of these creatures than on horseback using dogs, and I know the issues with getting dogs to track them, but even when you cannot get them to cooperate tracking sasquatch, you can have them with you to clue you to their presence. I am about to continue my recording in the marsh behind my house, my small attempt at research, I pay attention to the sounds of all creatures during the summer searching for any indication of their presence. The other night I heard two strange vocalizations on the heals of a siren, not coyote-ish, but more human-ish, that is enough to get me to put out the recorder. Also in another area where I suspect their presence, located near my work outside of Oak Creek Wisconsin, adjacent bottom lands with oak creek flowing through as well as high power lines. A house bordering that area has one of the cardboard sasquatch figures, a possible sign of activity in my opinion, because it might seem like a joke, but certainly not one that most people would make. Has anyone else seen these black wooden or cardboard sasquatch figures around?

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

SSR Team

Oak Creek as in the one just outside of Milwaukee Lake ?

I used to be friends with a little sweetheart from there if so.