Sign in to follow this  
Crowlogic

How Did Ane End Up With Thee Camera Master In The First Place

Crowlogic

Well how did it end up with ANE?  

Redbone

I assume you already have a theory, even though I have no idea what you are asking.... Spill it...

Crowlogic

The camera original ended up with ANE.  Patterson was connected with ANE as a staff wildlife photographer.  This came after he made the PGF if I remember.  The question is how and why did this happen when he made the film with his own resources or those of Al DeAtley.  What did ANE hold over Patterson to get the camera original if Patterson did the film on his own.  Did as some suspect ANE assist with a suit and mime for what became the PGF.  If ANE had no legal reason and no reasonable purpose  to demand the film was Roger that much of a yokel to turn it over to them only to have the core of his crown jewel lost forever.  One  question worth asking is whether the PGF is better described as the PGANE film

Bigfoothunter

No conspiracy pertaining to Roger's film - he was sloppy in his handling of it. In other words - instead of making a loaner copy .... Roger was allowing people to use his original to make copies. Beckjord got the original and had both a color and black and white made. This is how Green got his copy as John had both the first and second reels. John had both films for two weeks he has told me. ANE hired Roger after the film was taken. At the time they were wanting to do a documentary using the original. One thing led to another and Roger died. The BBC had the second reel, which there were no known copies made of that reel - only segments that Green had made. Roger certainly could have done a better job in allowing people to have access to his film(s). Geesh - more than once I have loaned money out and been burnt and then turned around and did it again without getting a written agreement to have it paid back. I was sloppy and paid the price for it - Roger wasn't much better.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
  • Upvote 1

Martin

^ didn't Beckjord get his copy from Rene D.?

Bigfoothunter

^^

Green maintains that EB got his by copying Roger's original film. That is why the B&W film images I used in my arm swing shows the chest muscle movement as it was made from EBs first generation images. Green made a speaking copy for both he and Rene and John paid for both copies.

norseman

Who is ANE?

Martin

American National Enterprises

They were the Studio that had the Eagle sitting in a tree and swooped off during the intro.

You would most likely recognize the intro from your childhood.

Edited by Martin

SweatyYeti

Who is ANE?

A.N.E. produced this documentary, Norse...

I believe they used footage from the original reel, in the documentary. 

norseman

Thanks

xspider1

No conspiracy pertaining to Roger's film...  ANE hired Roger after the film was taken. At the time they were wanting to do a documentary using the original... 

Thanks for posting that BFH.  It seems as though Crowlogic may just possibly have been searching for a new conspiracy theory to chirp about?  On second thought, no way!, why would anyone think that!!?  8 -B

norseman

I think that a hypothesis like this holds a lot more promise than insisting 3 cowboys and a suit pulled off a hoax like this.

But just like proving Bigfoot real, there would need to be real work done to uncover this as a hoax.

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Who is ANE?

A.N.E. produced this documentary, Norse...

I believe they used footage from the original reel, in the documentary.

Thanks for sharing. I just finished watching it. Not bad.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

SweatyYeti

^

You're welcome, PG...and Norseman. :)

DannySpanks

What is the actual physical length of the reel of film containing the Patty footage?

And what is the actual physical length of the second reel of film that doesn't contain Patty?

Sign in to follow this