Sign in to follow this  
Crowlogic

How Did Ane End Up With Thee Camera Master In The First Place

Squatchy McSquatch

What a glib interpretation of my words. 

I can tell you something else whose every lead to try and find its where-a-bouts has hit a dead end. But it doesn't keep people from searching for it, 

Would I like the camera original to turn up one day? Absolutely. It would be a fascinating discovery to lay hands on a piece of PGF history that has been missing for so long.

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

We can only hope it is being stored somewhere other than under a leaky garage roof.

glib words = glib interpretations

Squatchy McSquatch

One of us is trying to stay on topic. One of us is not.

Do you have any opinion as per  ANE's acquisition of the camera original?

Bigfoothunter

^^

Yes I do and it is that you will never be allowed to store it.   :)

The last I heard it had been stored under the title 'American Gorilla" and when someone checked - it was missing. Could have been misfiled - who knows. I offered some years ago to put up the money for Mrs. Patterson to have it found, but nothing ever became of my offer.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Squatchy McSquatch

Thanks for the input.

I'm researching a different lead right now.

Crowlogic

I thought Bill Munns went to Mrs. Pattersons house and personally transferred it onto digital by hand frame by frame?

I saw this on TV, dont remember which show.

The idiots that make bigfoot documentaries never get it right.  They think everything is the original as in camera original.  Or maybe they just don't care as long as it impresses the folks in the cheap seats.

Bigfoothunter

^^

Those documentaries are only as accurate as the people doing the initial research for the producers. It's the same principle found in some peoples post here where they make claims based on erred data because they didn't bother to check their facts beforehand. You can certainly relate to that.

Backdoc

2nd Reel.

We all have seen some episode of the Tonight Show where they interview a guy like Tom Selleck. Then, Jay Leno would pull up of clip from the early 1970's when Slleck appeared on the Dating Game as a contestant and everyone gets a big laugh.  This type of thing makes me wonder if there are surviving 'tapes' of the appearance of Roger Patterson on these TV shows.  If so, it is possible some of the 2nd reel would appear on the tape even if we never find the second reel.

That would be my hope.

This to me seems like a good place to potentially look for the second reel footage until we have other leads or others who might have it come forward.  Somewhere there could be a shoe box with the stuff in some attic of the key early players of the PGF.  Until then, the Old TV Show vaults might yield results.

BD

Bigfoothunter

^^

John Green mentioned to me that a local TV station(s) had shown parts of the second reel following its showing on the 26th of October 1967.

Maxtag

Most local (interview, news etc) TV shows produced in the 60 and 70s by station used the same TAPE over and over unfortunately and no true archival was typically done.

Tape was expensive back in the day...

This has been my own personal experience and findings when researching for this type of thing anyways.... (non bigfoot related)

Crowlogic

^^

Those documentaries are only as accurate as the people doing the initial research for the producers. It's the same principle found in some peoples post here where they make claims based on erred data because they didn't bother to check their facts beforehand. You can certainly relate to that.

No need to put Rhode Scholars to work on the fools errands of bigfoot documentaries.  All that's needed is a suitably serious sounding narrator and the audience does the rest on their own.

• Upvote 2

Bigfoothunter

^^

I can think of a few posters that could use a serious sounding narrator as well.

Sign in to follow this