Why Didn't Patty Run?

SWWASAS

The video of Patty is without question the longest BF movie/video in existence.     I have asked the question before and surely a follow up visit to the site,  after the event could have revealed her speed walking.    But I have never heard a number.     The frames per second and the number of frames from when first in sight to when she walked out of view should have revealed her speed with reference to landmarks at the location.   The fact no one has a number is troubling to me.   Surely someone had to have been interested in that?   Now it is too late because time has changed the location so much.   I guess the answer is that two cowboys were not interested in that.    

Rockape

Maybe what we see on film was Patty's top speed.

Did anyone ever time Heironimus in the 40?

He's never made it that far, Rock. Every time he gets to about the 39th yard....he jumps into a hole, to cool off. ;)

:sarcastic:

I think hiflier has patented the pregnancy theory and we can only speculate, but possible, yes. Not that I'm anyone to say but the lady doesn't look near full term. We'd also have to speculate that bf would know running while pregnant isn't a good idea.  The notion of a casual exit does seem to be reported often.

Guest Bigfoothunter

I think hiflier has patented the pregnancy theory and we can only speculate, but possible, yes. Not that I'm anyone to say but the lady doesn't look near full term. We'd also have to speculate that bf would know running while pregnant isn't a good idea.  The notion of a casual exit does seem to be reported often.

Do I understand you to be saying that animals would know not to run when pregnant?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

You could estimate Patty's height and length of stride and then estimate a length of walkway and get your answer.

Then the film speed gives you another hurdle. Rough guess is 4-5 mph. 

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

In another thread that was dealt with by Gigantofootecus and maybe SweatyYeti. Patty had a pretty good pace going. Many of the TV versions have been slowed down which gives the impression that she was casually walking away.

SWWASAS

You could estimate Patty's height and length of stride and then estimate a length of walkway and get your answer.

Then the film speed gives you another hurdle. Rough guess is 4-5 mph. 

It has to have been faster than that or Patterson could have at least kept up with her.    Not sure what shape he was in at the time but a human can run that fast.     We could know exactly what her speed was at the time if someone had done some measurements with respect to trees in the film.     I mentioned it mostly because we often hear of the fluid gait and rapid movement of BF during encounters which just stroll along but as of yet, no one has measured the speed of that stroll.    Certainly with video that could easily be done.    We have people who expect to find them and shoot them, but at the same time, no one knows how fast a human has to move to keep up with them or even track them.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
kitakaze

Patty looks to me to be comparable in age to a human woman in her mid forties.  Not as limber as she once was.  I'm sure she could run if she felt more threatened, but I think she wasn't inclined to in response to short guy with a camera up to his face.

So human is running directly at Patty with pistol grip camera that as far as the Bigfoot is concerned might as well be a gun and she just walks while this person is charging at her.

Kit,

Using your logic Patty thinks this camera is a gun? Let's play your game. Tell us how patty SHOULD react if: 1) patty think it is a gun. 2) patty does not think it is a gun.

BD

Do I understand you to be saying that animals would know not to run when pregnant?

No, that was the leaping speculation I was implying. Personally, I've no clue as to what any animal thinks about running while pregnant, none, zilch, nada.

Guest Bigfoothunter

Patty looks to me to be comparable in age to a human woman in her mid forties.  Not as limber as she once was.  I'm sure she could run if she felt more threatened, but I think she wasn't inclined to in response to short guy with a camera up to his face.

So human is running directly at Patty with pistol grip camera that as far as the Bigfoot is concerned might as well be a gun and she just walks while this person is charging at her.

No critical thinking cap on today?  When Roger started running at Patty and started filming - she was already walking away with her back to him. And as another skeptic rightfully said about the intelligence of a Bigfoot - :"How does he (Grover) know they have any more intelligence than a bear." With that being said - why would Patty notice a pistol grip - if Roger even had one. As steady as the riding the horse shots were while leading the pack horse .... the image seems pretty steady as if held by two hands. The thing is - was there any mention of it on Roger's rental receipt.

xspider1

I don't mean to pile it on, but by your logic: Patty was not smart enough to know that Roger was holding a camera, but she was smart enough to think he had a gun??  That theory needs a little more thought process applied to it, imo.   

• Upvote 2
SweatyYeti

^^

In another thread that was dealt with by Gigantofootecus and maybe SweatyYeti. Patty had a pretty good pace going. Many of the TV versions have been slowed down which gives the impression that she was casually walking away.

Giganto had calculated a walking speed for Patty, BH. :) 

He used a full-length version of the Film that's on Youtube....but, it looked to me that that video had a speeded-up version of the Film. So, I'm not too confident that his calculated speed is accurate.

Rockape

How would she have known it looked like a gun? Did she watch Gunsmoke? Bonanza maybe?

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1
norseman

Bob Gimlin did have a gun in his hands....

Are you suggesting that a hominoid that doesnt seem to exhibit fire management or stone tool manufacture would know what a gun is?

• gigantor unlocked this topic