xspider1

Why Can't Hollywood Replicate The Realism Of The P-G Film Subject?

xspider1

One reason that the Patterson-Gimlin film seems legit is the fact that the realism of the subject (Patty) evidently cannot be replicated.  Without even trying to replicate the film sequence, or the figure itself, why can't Hollywood (or, apparently, any other entity) make anything comparable?  Even with today’s unimaginable CGI capabilities, that still hasn’t happened.  Why? 

Patterson-Gimlin

1- A real creature

2-No Hollywood interest

3- Film to grainy to show true detail.

4- I have no idea.

DannySpanks

What is the incentive? To prove to a very small minority that it can be done? Where's the incentive to prove that a film believed to be a hoax, is in fact a hoax?

And you're certainly not suggesting that Hollywood caliber CGI is incapable of replication, correct?

• Upvote 3

SweatyYeti

What is the incentive? To prove to a very small minority that it can be done? Where's the incentive to prove that a film believed to be a hoax, is in fact a hoax?

Who needs 'incentive'?! Hollywood has shown one thing, over the years....that monkey suits look like obvious monkey suits.  

Patty...is a different story. :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

Guest Bigfoothunter

And you're certainly not suggesting that Hollywood caliber CGI is incapable of replication, correct?

I hope no one is suggesting that what is seen on the PGF is a CGI job?

Also remember Sam Winston saying something along the lines that he could replicate patty rather easily and cheaply, but of course he never did even when appearing on a show that probably had a budget for it if Sammy-boy was up to the challenge.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Guest Crowlogic

The better question is why can't bigfooters produce a real bigfoot?   Why couldn't Paul Freeman make a decent bigfoot suit?  Time and $$$$ is why Hollywood  misses the mark.  Bigfooters have had a very long time to produce their bigfoot and look where it's gotten them.  Hollywood  is at the mercy of the suit maker's idea of what bigfoot looks like and very few movie producers are as realism anal as say Stanley Kubrick..  I'll remind you that Kubrick didn't win best costume design for the manapes in his 1968 2001 because the industry thought he used real apes.  And look Kubrick's manapes were shot up close on 35mm film in a studio under great lighting.   Since there is no standard appearance (hahaha no standard even in the real world for bigfoot appearance) The game is always changing.  But film Kubrick's manapes on 16MM all shakey  from 100 feet and keeping it short and the game will become a lot closer.  It dosen't matter we're so far past what happened at Bluff Creek that worrying about it is silly.  I guess Patterson filmed the last bigfoot on earth because it's been deadsville for bigfoot videos ever since.  Yeah Ol' Roger got the very last  living bigfoot  on film and everything else since is Woods & Wildmen in play.  Hmmm I wonder if Parker Brothers is still i n business?

dmaker

Why do bigfooters seem to think the world should be trying to replicate Patty? Why would anyone bother? Not many in the world give a rats arse about the PGF beyond a handful of people. 

Perspective is so sorely lacking in this group.

• Upvote 3

SweatyYeti

^

This is a great 'excuse' thread. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Guest Maxtag

Why do bigfooters seem to think the world should be trying to replicate Patty? Why would anyone bother? Not many in the world give a rats arse about the PGF beyond a handful of people.

Perspective is so sorely lacking in this group.

Have to agree on this, I've been "engaged" in seeking more info for the last year or so and what came forward foremost is how small the core of BF truthers (lack of a better word)

Stats say perhaps 5 to 15pct believe in squatch, personally I think smaller likely but that makes who really cares factor huge.

There's no money in a real replication. Anything can be done with enough resource and money along with talent. We will never see it because it's way fringe and kinda silly.

PGF is what it is, it's the only thing I personally hold as unexplainable but replicating it likely won't show anything to tilt my scale.

dmaker

^^ Exactly. Even if it was replicated to the satisfaction of every die hard Patty believer, how would that make a difference? It would not prove the footage was a hoax. Some Patty proponents are so firmly entrenched that they would not bat an eye--even if they even conceded that it was a decent replication in the first place.  There just really is no point in replicating the PGF. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

xspider1

There just really is no point in replicating the PGF. 

This and the other excuses above miss the point entirely: it isn't about replicating Patty.  I asked: "Without even trying to replicate the film sequence, or the figure itself, why can't Hollywood (or, apparently, any other entity) make anything comparable?"

There have been lots of Bigfoot movies, shows, documentaries, etc. since 1967 and, without fail, every Bigfoot depicted in those is comical, ongoing.  'Lack of interest' just does not explain why there are zero man-made Bigfoot with any realism comparable to the PGf subject .

• Upvote 3

TD-40

One reason that the Patterson-Gimlin film seems legit is the fact that the realism of the subject (Patty) evidently cannot be replicated.  Without even trying to replicate the film sequence, or the figure itself, why can't Hollywood (or, apparently, any other entity) make anything comparable?  Even with today’s unimaginable CGI capabilities, that still hasn’t happened.  Why? 

Has Bob H. ever revealed the suit he was wearing?

dmaker

There just really is no point in replicating the PGF. 

This and the other excuses above miss the point entirely: it isn't about replicating Patty.  I asked: "Without even trying to replicate the film sequence, or the figure itself, why can't Hollywood (or, apparently, any other entity) make anything comparable?"

There have been lots of Bigfoot movies, shows, documentaries, etc. since 1967 and, without fail, every Bigfoot depicted in those is comical, ongoing.  'Lack of interest' just does not explain why there are zero man-made Bigfoot with any realism comparable to the PGf subject .

I find whatever point you are trying to make a bit puzzling. The PGF is a brief moment in time. You see the subject from a distance for a few brief seconds. You think it looks great, a lot of other people see an obvious costume.  Why do you think this is comparable to tv shows and films where the subject is filmed up close, for prolonged periods and in greater clarity? We don't get to see Patty for prolonged periods, up close and with greater clarity. If we did, how do you know she would still look great to you? You don't. You are comparing apples and oranges and declaring the difference as evidence that Patty is real. 

Besides, the 2001: A Space Odyssey apes look pretty darned good. We get to see those for far longer, far closer and in far greater detail than we ever get with Patty.

Edited by dmaker

SweatyYeti

How many years now and not a shred of proof that bigfoot exists. Now, how many excuses have been offered to explain that little fact, huh?

No proof of Bigfoot?? Darn, I hate it when the skeptics say that. They're so....right!! :banghead: 

Yeah, you're one to talk about excuses, SY.

I don't need to do a lot of talking...

BestOfPattyAG3_zps63a3862f.gif

I'll leave the yakking to kitakaze.....he's good at that... :) ...

FingerWigglinBendinAG2_zpspeolt814.gif