Why Can't Hollywood Replicate The Realism Of The P-G Film Subject?

SweatyYeti

Has Bob H. ever revealed the suit he was wearing?

Yup...he said it was the 'Morris Magnum' suit.....(to order....use model#  ROTFL3000)...

BobbyInTheSky12_zpsdufw6xnu.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1
xspider1

Why do you think this is comparable to tv shows and films where the subject is filmed up close, for prolonged periods and in greater clarity? ...

Besides, the 2001: A Space Odyssey apes look pretty darned good. We get to see those for far longer, far closer and in far greater detail than we ever get with Patty.

Not sure what Bigfoot costumes in TV shows and film footage you are referring to but there are many reasons why those are rarely shown with any clarity what-so-ever.  For instance (click to zoom):

post-131-0-99944900-1455647262_thumb.jpg 

The "Harry" costume had a great face, pitiful body.  And, 2001 is an excellent example of a fortune spent, best designers in the world employed, etc. and still not there: 

post-131-0-89225300-1455646793_thumb.jpg 

In my opinion, anyone who looks at the PGf and sees an obvious costume just isn't paying attention.

• Upvote 3

In my opinion, anyone who looks at the PGf and sees an obvious costume just isn't paying attention.

But you are assuming that most people actually have an opinion when viewing PGF ... They really dont... 

xspider1

huh?  You have actually heard someone say "I have no opinion about it." ??  That would be worse than not paying attention, that would have to be not thinking at all, or just not caring.

Sure man I've heard several people say that very thing.

PGF only matters to that small percentile.

Shocking? It shouldn't be.

Where do you go from PGF?

Round in a circle...that's where I've gone.....

norseman

We know giant apes exist in the fossil record. We are looking and expect to find advanced alien life. And we are living in a inter glacial period. Berengia sunk 20,000 years ago.

There is some grey area there and not just red and blue.

• Upvote 2
xspider1

Just curious, Maxtag, what University pretends to know that all those things in red "are not real"?  Cool lookin' dogs, btw, we got an Am Staff rescue ourselves, she's amazing.  

Just curious, Maxtag, what University pretends to know that all those things in red "are not real"? Cool lookin' dogs, btw, we got an Am Staff rescue ourselves, she's amazing.

I'll have to look where the chart came from. It was a boolean search poll+bigfoot+real I think. The chart was more tongue in cheek than anything else.

We have nothing but love for our 2 Staffie rescues. Great breed and somewhat comical when we walk in parks or paths to see people's ignorant reaction to them. We have had people literally jump off path into bush with their dogs to let us pass.

Just curious, Maxtag, what University pretends to know that all those things in red "are not real"?  Cool lookin' dogs, btw, we got an Am Staff rescue ourselves, she's amazing.  

Here is where the chart derives. Chapman University, I make no claims nor am I promoting anything that could be on that site.  

https://blogs.chapman.edu/wilkinson/2015/10/13/this-haunted-world/

http://www.chapman.edu/wilkinson/research-centers/babbie-center/survey-american-fears.aspx

The better question is why can't bigfooters produce a real bigfoot? 

That is a better Q for the skeptics since to date we will all agree there has not been a Bigfoot on the slab.  That is not the Q here though.  So back to the Q:  Why can't they just show how easy it is to do what two cowboys could do?  That is the Q as failing to do that continues to suggest a higher probability of Patty being a real creature.

You are welcome to start of thread along the lines of your point.  However, you seem to offer little to reasonably answer the Q.

BD

Guest Crowlogic

That is a better Q for the skeptics since to date we will all agree there has not been a Bigfoot on the slab.  That is not the Q here though.  So back to the Q:  Why can't they just show how easy it is to do what two cowboys could do?  That is the Q as failing to do that continues to suggest a higher probability of Patty being a real creature.

You are welcome to start of thread along the lines of your point.  However, you seem to offer little to reasonably answer the Q.

BD

The cowboys didn't make the suit for starters.  One cowboy was hand in hand with at least one film company and had some friends in the industry.  If we had even a reasonable other bigfoot film shot in the wild then there would be a case for really really real bigfoot.  But sorry a one time event is a bit to hard to swallow outside of Woods & Wildemen.   Why can't they make a PGF costume?  One it seems was made and there's even a film of it in action.  It's pretty short and shakey but thar she blows..................

That is a better Q for the skeptics since to date we will all agree there has not been a Bigfoot on the slab. That is not the Q here though. So back to the Q: Why can't they just show how easy it is to do what two cowboys could do? That is the Q as failing to do that continues to suggest a higher probability of Patty being a real creature.

BD

I'm not sure I get how not producing a re-enactment changes the probability of it being a real creature?

It would only be a circle jerk debate on the finite elements and opinion of Peter Paul and mary.

I have NO answer on whether PGF is real or not. Its a guess based on how I felt when I saw it at around 8 yrs old.

Seeing it recreated ? Nahh were way passed that:now.

Show me Patty's Great Granddaughter or Grandson knawing on a deer Hoof in 4k or at least HD with a selfie of the photographer....

Then the probability factor

Goes thru the roof....

SweatyYeti

Seeing it recreated ? Nahh were way passed that:now.

I agree, Maxtag......at this point, it's quite clear that it will never be re-created. :thumbsup:

The reason is quite simple...because it can't be. :)

The cowboys didn't make the suit for starters.  

That's a definite, Crow. Roger was not capable of creating what we see in the Film.

The question then becomes, of course.....who made it?? And...who wore it??

Maybe when the Film gets to it's 50th anniversary, those two folks will step forward, and take their due credit. 

Until then...you can play make-believe, with that. ;)

xspider1

If we had even a reasonable other bigfoot film shot in the wild then there would be a case for really really real bigfoot. 

So, by your 'logic', if others were able to make films depicting subjects comparable to the PGf subject then that would make a case for Bigfoot being really, really real?  You think it's a fake, but more fakes would convince you.  10-4   :o

• Upvote 1
  • gigantor unlocked this topic