Where Are The Pictures?

Guest Strangenstein

Guest Strangenstein

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and glad to have found this site! I've long been fascinated by Bigfoot. I remember seeing the PGF on TV when I was in the fourth grade (mid 70s), and the next day at school my best buddy and I made a pact: When we graduated High School, we would take a trip to northern California, rent a couple horses and look for Bigfoot. Now, many years later, I still haven't taken that trip (although it is on my bucket list).

My question is, with the advent of technology, why don't we have some decent pictures or video? In the last 10 years alone we've seen the rise of cellphones that take video and still pictures, digital cameras that shoot both, camcorders, even trail cams. Yet there still isn't anything clearer than the PG film. I don't buy the "Bigfoot is an inter-dimensional being and disappears around cameras" argument, and I certainly don't buy the "Bigfoot can smell the plastic trail cams and thus avoids them" claim. I want to believe something is out there, but why can't we find some good evidence?

Again, glad to be here!

Strangenstein

Easiest way to say it, take a camera yourself, walk into the woods, and everytime you come upon an animal, see what happens. Will you remember the camera in your hands and be able to take a picture in time before they scamper off, or will you stand there and watch them before you realize that camera is there. Same with Bigfoot encounters, the brain reacts in different ways, the majority of the time, you don't think about that camera.

Guest parnassus

Bears can be quite startling to come upon in the wild, yet we have many many very clear and pretty closeup videos and still images of bears.

I find it interesting that several people who believe in bigfoot have an important memory of seeing either the Patterson Gimlin film or The Legend of Boggy Creek at around 7 years old.

My childhood memories of scary things in the night revolve around the ways my friends and family members found to scare each other with pranks.

Guest Strangenstein
I find it interesting that several people who believe in bigfoot have an important memory of seeing either the Patterson Gimlin film or The Legend of Boggy Creek at around 7 years old.

Excellent point, Parnassus. I did see those films as a youngster but I don't think they've shaded my perception of "is or isn't Bigfoot real". I've always been fascinated by mysteries, whether they be monsters (Bigfoot, Nessie etc.), true crime (Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden), vanishings (Amelia Earhart) or what have you. Those kinds of things always seem to pique my interest.

Bears can be quite startling to come upon in the wild, yet we have many many very clear and pretty closeup videos and still images of bears.

You say that, but believe it or not, there is only one, yes one, film of the giant panda in the wild (filmed in 2002 or 2003) - all other film and video has been taken in zoos and nature reserves.

My childhood memories of scary things in the night revolve around the ways my friends and family members found to scare each other with pranks.

I liked all spooky things on TV as a kid. I'd stay up all night long on fiday night watching werewolf, frankenstein, dracula, and mumy horror movies. The PGF is not the entirety of this mystery, as much as some would like it to be.

Strangestein makes an interesting point. I've always found it very hard to believe that Bigfoot could avoid game cameras. I can't buy into the explanation that they smell the game camera or "sense" the camera. I have put up a few game cameras for hunting purposes and have gotten photos of some pretty stealthy animals. Now, I understand the argument that it's difficult to take a photo of an animal when you're not expecting it. However, if you are hunting an animal with a camera; it can be done. A good example of this is the NatGeo movie; Planet Earth. Some photographer spent a very long time trying to get video of a snow leopard and he did succeed. I would assume that the same thing could be accomplished with a Bigfoot if somebody were willing to put in the effort. Not to mention that a clear photo of Bigfoot would elevate the photographer to rock star status.

Back to the game cameras; why can't we get a photo of Bigfoot? I have not heard a really good explanation for this. I doubt that they can smell them and even if they could; eventually, one would get careless. After all, Bigfoot get careless all of the time or else there would be no sightings. How can Bigfoot get close to cars, houses, hunters in blinds, etc and, at the same time, avoid thousands of game cameras? It just does not make any sense. Why are cars and houses not considered dangerous and game cameras are avoided as if they had "cooties." It's not even remotely logical and any insight on this would be helpful as every time one of my friends brings up this point; they roll their eyes when I argue that Bigfoot can "sense" the game cams.

Cisco

That might be because there are well over a million bears in North America.

How many sasquatches? 2000? 1000? 500? Even if there are 10,000 like some speculate (and I doubt), that's only 1% the number of black bears alone on the continent.

Who's afraid of sasquatches? I'm not.

My question is, with the advent of technology, why don't we have some decent pictures or video?

Because bigfoot is a better wood ninja than we are?

RayG

Guest TooRisky

Bear in general bumble about not caring who or what they run into... They are the preverbial "Bull in a China shop' type of creature... Now it is complete non-sense to compare a bear to a BF, lets just get that out in the open as fact...

Also when is the last time you ran into a bear in the woods... I can remember my self as having 4 Black Bear encounters in Black Bear country in the last 30 years of constantly being in the woods... They tend to stay to them selves but make no effort to hide, you have to seek them out or trip upon them looking for something else...

Edited by TooRisky

Guest Creekfreak

Ive seen more bigfoots then I have seen bears in the wild bet you havent heard that before beleave or not its the truth .

Someone will get the shot you never know someone might have them allready and there just not telling .

Guest TooRisky

What about this pic?

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=26460

I hate to be a one-trick pony by bringing this case up again, but it's not everyday someone claims to snap a pic right up against a sasquatch's mug.

Yes I read that report and amazed at what can happen at what seems like anywhere at any time... From the backyard, KOA camp or deep woods....

Thanks for reminding me of this...

Edited by TooRisky